Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

abhidev

Human Spambot
Skyfall 6/10

First shock when the title was showing, I noticed its rated as "U/A"!!! Bond movie 'U/A' in India why...how???? Did we see any censored version?

Review,
First let me point out what we don't get from it,

>Story. I guess everyone is following "Salman Khan" now. Put action and only action in a movie, few slow-mo shots of hero appearing etc and you got a blockbuster.
>Bond gadgets
>Bond girl. At least the way we are used to see 'em till this movie appeared.
>Villain's plan. Until now, in all bond movies villains had some outrageous plans to either conquer world or destroy it. Here the his intelligence, resources are wasted on petty mission.
>Style and action. When Daniel Craig happened we lost the conventional Bond but got a tougher Bond. Here he rarely got chance to fight.

What we got,
>Acting of Javier Bardem as 'Silva'.
>Initial chase sequence. Still not up to the mark of "Bourne" but pretty good.

The movie seemed incomplete on lot of aspects. I know you won't listen to my advice but if you ask me, wait for the blue ray release.

yea even I felt the movie was incomplete...also Bond arrived only at the end of any crisis and instead of saving others, others were saving him :duh2:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Skyfall 6/10
The movie seemed incomplete on lot of aspects. I know you won't listen to my advice but if you ask me, wait for the blue ray release.

lol, nope, gonna go catch now

just back. liked the roles of the new Q, Moneypenny, and Mallory still +1 to Skip.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Trailer dekhke pata nahi chala?...tera fav!

Brave 6/10

The story has no meaning, no message. Good animation but has a very similar set-up as "How to train your Dragon"

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Safety not guaranteed 6.5/10

A bit told in a serious tone. Does not answer few questions. Got bored half the time. Liked few lines though.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Fearless Vampire Killers 6.5/10

Its a Roman Polanski movie where he acted too.

Ummm, it might be from his initial days , not much great in story but his knack of choosing quirky subjects can be seen. I guess he fitted his role perfectly.

Al in all, an average comedy including vampires. If you are a Polanski fan, you could give it a try.

In other news,

David Yates, the director of the last four Harry Potter films, has finally committed to his next project — and we’re told it will be a big-screen adaptation of Edgar Rice Burroughs’s Tarzan at Warner Bros. Pictures.
Read full article here

Krow

Crowman
I like Last Action Hero. Underrated gem in which Hollywood mocks itself. Arnold Schwarzenegger is in it.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Source Code. ok. 6.8/10.

Bolt. 6.7/10. I like Mitten's voice over and acting.

Megamind 6.7/10.

Vivek788

In the zone
hmm as with all forum topics of this nature.. i can't find any new stuff which I might have missed.. it is a friggin 500+ pages of movie recommendations and comments :( back to my original sources...

R2K

In the Zone
The Watch (2012) - IMDb

7/10
Not the best comedy movie but definitely worth a watch.
Saw it just because I'm a big fan of Richard Ayoade ( from IT crowd )

Top Bottom