Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

R2K

In the Zone
^^Only reason to that might be because it was not shot in India.

^^
Just look at the filming location of movie in IMDB link.
Even Dubai was looking bad than the Indian location. When in actual world its supposed to be quite the opposite :D

quan chi

mortal kombat
Agneepath 2012 : 0/10. Stopped it after and hour. What a lame fest.

Every one is over - acting, or looking idiotic. Totally warped story line.

Not that bad.:-D
Cinematography is quite good. Acting wise its ok.But thats it.The director must have forgotten that he is not directing a daily serial.:D
The film has been dragged too much unnecessarily.

clmlbx

Technomancer
@R2K what I remember They were supposed to come to india for shoot but plan changed because of security reason as I recall, and finally they made Set's at Vancouver. Where actually movie was shot,

abhidev

Human Spambot
Cinematography is quite good. Acting wise its ok.But thats it.The director must have forgotten that he is not directing a daily serial.:D

yea...but it follows a particular pattern...after something good happens immediately something bad happens...

kbar1

Journeyman
^^Only reason to that might be because it was not shot in India.
@R2K what I remember They were supposed to come to india for shoot but plan changed because of security reason as I recall, and finally they made Set's at Vancouver. Where actually movie was shot,

... Filming took place in Dubai, Prague, Moscow, Mumbai, Bangalore and Vancouver. ...
... and the battle between Hunt and Hendricks in a Mumbai automated multi-level parking garage (which was constructed over a six-month period just for the film). The film climax scene was shot in Sun TV office, Bengaluru, India. ...

[en.wikipedia.org]

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat
yea...but it follows a particular pattern...after something good happens immediately something bad happens...

The original ageepath was also not that good.But atleast that has some awesome and funny dialogues.Even the cinematography there was also good.But amitabh and danny were truly amazing!Far superior than the new one.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Don't know man...my observations in 1 hour were:

1. Sanjay Dutt looked stupid and was way way over acting.
2. PC hardly looked / acted like a Marathi girl. Though she is hot. :)
3. Hritik, was dry as an Oak tree. Just a misfit. The type of character they tried to throw on him, and a flavor of Mithun in Prem Pratigya. See that.
4. The editing was bad.
5. Story flow was lame.

------------------

Saw: Don 2

I will give this a whooping 9/10. It had it all. Plus PC, looked like a nice biscuit. What a tight package. Action scenes well down, superb background score. And a nice twist of lemon at the end.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
The original ageepath was also not that good.But atleast that has some awesome and funny dialogues.Even the cinematography there was also good.But amitabh and danny were truly amazing!Far superior than the new one.

Yea, initially when it was released it came with a gruff voice for Amitabh. That did not go too well with the audience, and within a week they released Agneepath with his "original" voice. I have both versions with me...! :) The movie was a commercial flop, and forgotten. But later on down the years, it picked up a cult status, and for some god-forsaken reason it is now considered a classic. Amitabh, raked the National Award for it, and Mithun Da, got the Filmfare....!

I consider this the "BladeRunner" of Bollywood.

;)

nac

Aspiring Novelist

;)

First time I see someone sharing the same thought about Bladerunner.

guys any suggestion for good war movies apart from saving private ryan and hurt locker

List will go on and on. Here I am listing some of war time movies I like. Including TV series and other language movies.

Band of Brothers
The English Patient
Schindler's List
The Pianist
Defiance
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
Life is Beautiful
Downfall
The Counterfeiters
Letters from Iwo Jima
Enemy at the Gates
Braveheart
Ran

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
guys any suggestion for good war movies apart from saving private ryan and hurt locker

Top of my head:

Apocalypse Now
Thin Red Line
Platoon
Where Eagles Dare (excellent cast)
The Guns of Navarone
Black Hawk Down (duh!!)
The Killings Fields
The Deer Hunters
Saving Private Ryan
Full Metal Jacket

quan chi

mortal kombat
Yea, initially when it was released it came with a gruff voice for Amitabh. That did not go too well with the audience, and within a week they released Agneepath with his "original" voice. I have both versions with me...! :) The movie was a commercial flop, and forgotten. But later on down the years, it picked up a cult status, and for some god-forsaken reason it is now considered a classic. Amitabh, raked the National Award for it, and Mithun Da, got the Filmfare....!

;)

Lol where can i get that or see that original voice version?I think i have seen the gruff version.:D

Btw i agree with you to a certain extent about the new agneepath.If you have seen the old one then really i would say in the new one the hero and the villain looked plain stupid.Even the direction is very bad or slow unnecessarily.

But if you mask the original one then i would say it is just ok.

Enemy at the Gates.

Classic and one of the best.Jude Law with Joseph Fiennes & "major König" were Phenomenal.and those famous sniper moments!!
No doubt call of duty series adapted scenes from this movie twice in their games.

Top Bottom