Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Guys anyone about Final destination 5 ? worth watch in theater ?
Planning on watching this weekend with cousins..

ssb1551

Technomancer
@ rhitwick & Faun - is Walk to Remember the movie which stars Mandy Moore & Shayne West(don't exactly remember the guy's name)??

If yes then I'm with rhitwick on this 'cause I don't see any difference in stories except for minute changes in the Korean version to make it suitable for the Korean audience.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
That happens in the Korean version.

These are some minute changes which in no way changes the main theme. She had to change the boy and then had to leave him. That was basic foundation.

Let me get back to home. I would love to do a frame-by-frame analysis.

So was the theme in Once in A Summer, 100 Days with Mr Arrogant, A Bittersweet life, Daisy, Failan etc

ssb1551

Technomancer
Just watched..errr re-watched High and Low, a brilliant movie by one of the greats in the history of movie making - Akira Kurosawa!!! I had watched it long back but had forgotten most of it. Glad I picked it up today evening again!! I'm gonna watch the other ones by Akira Kurosawa.

So was the theme in Once in A Summer, 100 Days with Mr Arrogant, A Bittersweet life, Daisy, Failan etc

Dude Daisy!!!:shock:..If I remember correctly one of the leads(the criminal,who also played the lead in A Moment to Remember) willingly followed, admired & eventually fell for the girl(who was in My Sassy Girl), which aint the case in A Walk to Remember where the guy was forced to stick around Moore.Also there are many many differences between the 2 movies.

Infact the 2 movies are completely different!!! and the same goes for Failan, 100 Days with Mr. Arrogant...I haven't watched Once in a Summer & A Bittersweet Life though so can't comment on those!!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Saw (2004) - 8.5/10
Awesome movie...and the ending is just Mind blowing....highly recommended....
You are late to the party. But welcome anyway. Watch till SAW 7 and remember.
Before starting SAW 7 I had watched all six in a day just to be in sync with the story. All parts are connected.

@ rhitwick & Faun - is Walk to Remember the movie which stars Mandy Moore & Shayne West(don't exactly remember the guy's name)??

If yes then I'm with rhitwick on this 'cause I don't see any difference in stories except for minute changes in the Korean version to make it suitable for the Korean audience.
Yes thats the one.
Have not seen "Once in a Summer" and "Daisy" but "100 days with Mr. Arrogant" was not intense. It was "ok" romantic movie. The situation was forced and execution was childish.
Failan on the other hand was a remarkable movie. Matches with the theme of "A walk to remember" at certain places but that was not the main theme of the movie.
And, a bittersweet life is a revenge drama...what were you thinking!

You forgot "Sweet November", "If Only"....if only "one partner dying" is the main theme you thought to be the only similarity of the two movies in question here...you would find lots more.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Yeah, lot many movies. Watched "If Only".

Another movie by SAW's director
Insidious (2010) - IMDb

ssb1551

Technomancer
if only "one partner dying" is the main theme you thought to be the only similarity of the two movies in question here...you would find lots more.

But thats not how we can say that movies are copied!! When the characters,plot are straight off lifted from the original flicks only then you can say its a copy of the original like most of the Hindi thriller & action flicks are. for e.g some Hindi movie which was the copy of Oldboy(sorry don't remember the name as I don't watch many Hindi flicks).From what I have heard from my friends and cousins is that they changed the story a little bit(there is no incest scene between the father and the daughter) to make it suitable for Indian society.So thats an exact copy of Oldboy!! But movies like "If Only", "100 days with Mr. Arrogant", "Daisy" aint anything like "A Walk to Remember".

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^I know that. They share a theme only nothing else whereas "A walk to Remember" and "A millionaire's first" love matches in concept, execution and main twists and turns.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys I remember watching a movie when I was in my Teens. I think its a horror movie in which we have a brother and sister. They find a strange dice or something which when held, opens wall and they can see other world. Any idea which movie is this?

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Guys I remember watching a movie when I was in my Teens. I think its a horror movie in which we have a brother and sister. They find a strange dice or something which when held, opens wall and they can see other world. Any idea which movie is this?

Jumanji?
Zathura?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Jumanji :cool:

@rhitwick: is Saw 7 a.k.a Saw 3D : final chapter ??

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

The only thing with a cube and unleashment of pure hell, is HellRaiser.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The Longest Yard (2005) - 6.3/10
good but no so gr8...some of the scenes are humorous...
KHALI speaking english is funny

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^ ya, that is..you should watch 1974 one that is little more serious than that. In my opinion 1974 one is better then 2005 one. little but better

Top Bottom