Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Damn! It's disheartening to know that so many people are confused by Source Code's logic behind the message.
Please allow me to explain...

Spoiler for Source Code..
If you pressed the spoiler button by accident and havn't seen Source Code, it's time you can back off!
Just as the movie explained, there exists parallel universes and a different timeline in each of those universes.
So what really happened was that the message which the hero send to the lady, was received by THAT universe in which the train accident DIDN'T happened! And at THAT TIME, when the experiment was NOT EVEN BEGUN.
So this means, the whole time when the lady was helping the hero to send back to the train accident event, she ALREADY knew what EVENTUALLY was gonna happen!

Incredible isn't?? :-D

But I think, I may have to watch the movie again! :(

ithehappy

Human Spambot
i know that dude....but I am trying to understand how was that possible.....coz the time he was in had already past...also as the scientist himself said that its not time travel....well then the scientist didn't knew the potential of the system and jake was able to discover it.
How do you expect a Sci-Fi movie to be near the word Possible buddy? They are NEVER possible in real world. A Sci-Fi movie gets a high rate depending on how the unrealistic story is presented to the viewers but not for a possible/true/real world story. And imo, Source Code is Overrated.
Regards.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
As I understood Source Code's ending,
He sent the mail from alternate reality and the mail reached to the reality of the alternate reality where no bomb blast happens. He averted the event in past hence a fragment in time is created where they live. The ending is what you see is of the reality of the alternate reality not the real reality (sh1t I myself is getting confused)

Pyaar ka Punchnama 6.8/10

There were so much talk on this movie I had to watch it. I had only fear of it showing everything extreme and I found to be true.

Concept: Three friends who work in software firms stay together in a rented house in Delhi. Three guys are of three diff. characteristics. One is emo, another is nerd and another is apt for being a playboy.
They live life like most bachelors do. Playing games in spare time, drinking till u vomit and in a very dirty and scattered room.
Eventually they all fall in love and how the girls (not love; generally movies are shown how love changed someone's life) changed their life is the movie.

Directing: This movie could have been slick and crisp. But ended up being boring and lengthy at certain times. Crying scene of "Rajjo" was so hammed that I fast forwarded it and a few like this. Most of the cast acted as they should; girls being too girly and boys being, well, just themselves. Not very much impressed by directing. Kind of lame directing as like Sajid Khan. Shines but the shine of a tin not gold.

Cast: Three guys and three gals. And few side characters who just happened to be there because someone had to be there. Of all Divyendu Sharma as Liquid was awesome. Only his role is explored much, has got much screen time and has all the great punchlines. And, he gets to swear :D Again the office and work related environment is much more shown with him too. So, if you are a s/w engineer you might find resemblance with him (till certain level)

Rest of the two characters are not that explored, so they don't leave that much impression on you when movie ends. And, you have seen them in all other movies but not "Liquid" I bet. He is an unique character as "D. Santosh" of "Rocket Singh"

Girls. Well only one actor Nushrat Bharucha got much more screen time. She had to, she is the nagging one. And does justice to her role. Really gets on to your nerve. Ishita Sharma get to play the *****. She just had to exploit Liquid's desperation in her use and she did it by book. Not much acting used (eye movement, lips etc body language are not captured either intentionally or the director forgot these subtleties). Then there is Rhea played by Sonali Shehgal and she is the weakest character of them all. Weakly portrayed and stiff acting.

Screenplay: Tries to cover three diff. types of character and their reaction to three diff. types of extreme gals. So there were lots to do but only few characters are properly explored. Still, good attempt.

Editing: Only section of the movie that outright sucks. Made the movie slow at times and few scenes are stretched too much.

Cinematography: Lots of color. And nothing special to mention here.

Verdict: One time watch. Has some genuine moments. You would enjoy it, if not whole movie but at least 3/4th of it sure.

P.S. Songs sucks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys check out this site for movie check ins.

I already use icheckmovies.com and getglue.com but its unique feature is to generate a random movie suggestion.
*www.criticker.com/

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
We finally have the Extended Rated-R Cut of Sucker Punch's Blu-Ray being released. Can't wait to watch the additional 18 minutes footage. Synder always saves the best for the last. :grin:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Sorority Row (2009) - 6/10
one of the must watch thriller/horror movie....
good suspense..if u like "I know what u did last summer"
then u will surely like this one also.

abhidev

Human Spambot
How do you expect a Sci-Fi movie to be near the word Possible buddy? They are NEVER possible in real world. A Sci-Fi movie gets a high rate depending on how the unrealistic story is presented to the viewers but not for a possible/true/real world story. And imo, Source Code is Overrated.
Regards.

I know that buddy.........but well if you have seen Inception then you would agree that the concept director put forth was logical enough to believe....well I am not saying that Source code was illogical or something but I kind of was not clear about what exactly happened...will watch the ending part again....

@rhitwick: i think same thing i understood....

@vineet: m not sure....me too confused now :D

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I know that buddy.........but well if you have seen Inception then you would agree that the concept director put forth was logical enough to believe....well I am not saying that Source code was illogical or something but I kind of was not clear about what exactly happened...will watch the ending part again....

Yep. Inception is somehow believable but I didn't find the same for Source Code. Ending? Ah, if I think about that my life will end to search for the answer :)

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Sucker Punch - What a movie! Enjoyed a good movie after long time. And the songs blended so well with the movie. The beginning song is as good as a decent music video. The movie never loses the grip. Has the brainfck ending but by now we have gotten used to them. Cant wait for extended cut.

Off to get the soundtrack.

R2K

In the Zone
The Terminal (2004) - IMDb
A feel good movie. Of course there are plenty of plot holes involved but i am pretty sure everybody will love it:)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Feast II: Sloppy Seconds (2008) - 5/10
Not better than first one but still njoyable....comedy is also there

Feast III: The Happy Finish (2009) - 4.5/10
part 2 is better than this one....

House of 1000 Corpses (2003) - 5.5/10

its based on similar plot like chainsaw massacre....
but not better than it.

Zombie (1979) - 6.8/10
this is what i call a zombie.....i wud have really scared if i watched it 15yrs back

R2K

In the Zone
Feast II: Sloppy Seconds (2008) - 5/10
Not better than first one but still njoyable....comedy is also there

Feast III: The Happy Finish (2009) - 4.5/10
part 2 is better than this one....

House of 1000 Corpses (2003) - 5.5/10

its based on similar plot like chainsaw massacre....
but not better than it.

Zombie (1979) - 6.8/10
this is what i call a zombie.....i wud have really scared if i watched it 15yrs back

Are u on a movie marathon or what ?:D:D:D:D

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Shor in the city - Lovely. Another gem which went unnoticed.

Ragini MMS - PA + BWP + REC + Many more...
Should be good for those who havent watched above movies. I wasn't impressed though the movie wasn't a cheap copy.

Top Bottom