Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Taken 2008 - liked it but it's not one the best thriller I've ever seen anyway and it gets 6.5/10 from me.

sygeek

Technomancer
X-Men - First Class: 8/10

One of the best movie from the series. Though before the interval it was a "little" boring, the real fun began after the interval.
Oh, and there was a guest appearance by Hugh Jackman. Also, there is something that still confuses me, if Magneto never wanted to hurt Professor X in this movie, then how come did he become his deadly rival afterwards (previous movies).

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
Watched Toy Story 1 & 2 Back to back. Really enjoyed it especially the first part.

BTW how did this movie do in theatres/box office?:smile:

This movie was one of the surprise success at the box office. Started off slowly but did quite good.

By the way is this movie watchable with family say wife etc.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
X-Men - First Class: 8/10

One of the best movie from the series. Though before the interval it was a "little" boring, the real fun began after the interval.
Oh, and there was a guest appearance by Hugh Jackman. Also, there is something that still confuses me, if Magneto never wanted to hurt Professor X in this movie, then how come did he become his deadly rival afterwards (previous movies).

See this :

He don't want to hurt X, not others. That's why he is hurting other mutants and not his best friend.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Watched 'Source code'...liked the concept but one thing i didn't understand how was he able to send a message.....7/10

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Watched 'Source code'...liked the concept but one thing i didn't understand how was he able to send a message.....7/10

buddy u didn't watched it carefully...

he tells the lady scientist in the end that they dont know abt the true potential of source code project....only he discovers that.

Rahim

Married!
How is the movie, The Good the Bad and the Ugly. Heard a lot about the movie but haven't watched it yet.

I wonder why do you need so many assurances for this classic?

The Machinist. Quite an average movie imo.

The movie is somewhat the same concept as Fight Club but the former is way too hollow. The movie is watchable solely to appreciate the dedication of Bale to this role of a skinny person than anything.

abhidev

Human Spambot
buddy u didn't watched it carefully...

he tells the lady scientist in the end that they dont know abt the true potential of source code project....only he discovers that.

i know that dude....but I am trying to understand how was that possible.....coz the time he was in had already past...also as the scientist himself said that its not time travel....well then the scientist didn't knew the potential of the system and jake was able to discover it.

Last edited:

R2K

In the Zone
Insidious (2010)
Just one sentence ....This is how horror movies should be made...:D
Best when watched at night in a Dark room with a headphone ... :D

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
i know that dude....but I am trying to understand how was that possible.....

If you believe that one can go to past, then this is also possible. Here the inventor himself don't know it's capabilities and jake found it and he want to stay there. Sending mail , still a mystery for me, and even if that's possible, that means he is hiding in someone's body, who is DEAD?????

R2K

In the Zone
BTW whats with the tagline of RAGINI MMS (They don't know it yet...Its a THREESOME.) :D
Looks tempting:D

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
i know that dude....but I am trying to understand how was that possible.....coz the time he was in had already past...also as the scientist himself said that its not time travel....well then the scientist didn't knew the potential of the system and jake was able to discover it.

everything is possible if director think so....:-o

abhidev

Human Spambot
If you believe that one can go to past, then this is also possible. Here the inventor himself don't know it's capabilities and jake found it and he want to stay there. Sending mail , still a mystery for me, and even if that's possible, that means he is hiding in someone's body, who is DEAD?????

hmmm...well then he was alive in the other parallel dimension in someone else's body where all the ppl in the train are also alive and there was never an explosion

everything is possible if director think so....:-o

well thats true......only if the director succeeds in making the viewers believe it....:D

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
hmmm...well then he was alive in the other parallel dimension in someone else's body where all the ppl in the train are also alive and there was never an explosion

well thats true......only if the director succeeds in making the viewers believe it....:D

Yes, of course. But that parallel world is not real, if what the officer said was correct, but if the message reaches her, then that world is something related to paranormal activity.. :D

@Zangetsu
Yes, and i guess he failed in that attempt, coz as abhidev said, sending mail part is confusing

Top Bottom