Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Why did he do that? Why make a 4th bomb?
that is also explained,
he knew there may come a time when he had to speak, if he just gives the 3 KNOWN bombs he will be out of suspicion but having an unknown 4th bomb would still fulfill his motto

quan chi

mortal kombat
Unthinkable 5.8/10

On second thought u accuse bollywood directors for copyright but what about this movie?

Actually i didnt liked a wednesday.has many stupid and irritating elements in it.

btw is this movie you mentioned complete copy of that.:grin:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
btw is this movie you mentioned complete copy of that.:grin:
Well not total copy but the main concept is sure 98% similar to Wednesday.

Bought following DVDs today,
Raj Kapoor Collection1,
>Sangam
>Mera Nam Joker
>Ram teri ganga maili
>Satyam Shivam Sundaram

Best of 50s
>Shree 420
>Kala Pani
>Madhumati
>Awara

Kishore Kumar collection
>Chalti ka nam gadi
>Half ticket
>Jhumroo
>Mr. X in Bombay
>Padosan
>Shreeman Funtoosh
Total 1250/- :-D

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Fallen 7/10

Nice concept, actually I predicted it quite back, and someone already thought like me :-D

/offtopic but, I've a serial killer movie concept in my mind. As the trend is now "what has never been tried ever", I think it fits.

Well, a psycho serial killer who is a ghost and who roams in a disguise of a cat. This way the killer would be untraceable as long as u want the movie to stretch :-D

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Suspiria 7.5/10

Its Dario Argento's Suspiria. I guess its still counted as one of its kind.

Uses of colour and background music very intense in this movie. I just loved the soundtrack. Try it.

YouTube - Suspiria Soundtrack 01 - Suspiria

Oh, they are remaking it and scheduled for 2010 release.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^lol...thats weird. I mean the concept and the coincidence. This forum made me lol today with two threads :p

adi007

Youngling
For space and astronomy,i recommend these good movies

Apollo 13[1995]
Armageddon[1998]
EYES ON THE SKIES(WTC-SWE)
From.The.Earth.To.The.Moon <-- MUST WATCH DOCUMENTARY
In the Shadow of the Moon.2007
Mission to Mars 2000
Moon.2009.DVDRip
Nasa HD Constellation Earth Moon Mars 720p
October.Sky.1999
Serenity[2005]
Sunshine (2007)

Any other good movie regarding Space,Astronomy,Inspiration,Economy ?

Neuron

Electronic.
^^Discovery has some nice documentaries regarding space and universe.You might want to check out there website.I saw one of them when they celebrated world space week.It was quite amusing!!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^Ya, there are two sub plots in it, and I found one of them matching with Wednesday. Planting bomb and demands.

But, yes the later plot of justified evil and unjustified evil too is good plot but I found violence took over the message.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Got too lazy to post updates of the movies I had been watching lately. So I'll list whatever I can recall.

Unthinkable - Thanks a ton rhitwick for the recommendation. I just finished watching the movie and somehow the performances just blew my away. I loved Carrie-Anne Moss's acting, she was just spot on with her expressions. Not to mention Michael Sheen, he stole the whole movie away with his ultra-realistic performance. The plot in this movie yet again reeks of anti-Muslim propaganda, which is something I really hope Hollywood stops recycling. But the movie is certainly a must watch.

The Bounty Hunter - Better watch it in fast forward. This movie was pure garbage. Gerard Butler was good, but Jennifer Aniston seriously needs to be put to rest now.

Anti-Christ - I'm confused! That's all I can say. Loved the Prologue, but the rest of the movie went over my head.

Eaten Alive - Yet another grotesque movie like Cannibal Holocaust. I thought this was more gory and harsh than Cannibal Holocaust.

Chaos Theory - Decent comedy/drama movie starring Ryan Reynolds.

Malena - Awesome movie! Brilliantly acted by Monica Bellucci. Definitely not to be missed.

The Howling - Awesome werewolf movie. One of the transformation scene is perhaps the best I have ever seen. Perfect location and a good storyline.

Van Helsing - Pretty good movie. Although, Richard Roxburgh for the role of Dracula was ridiculous and didn't fit the character at all.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
malena is one of my fav movie. I just luv the transformation in that kid and further the closing lines by Renato are just priceless...goes like this...
I pedaled as fast as i could.... as if I were escaping from longing, from innocence, from her. Time has passed, and I have loved many women. And as they've held me close... and asked if I will remember them I've said, "Yes, I will remember you." But the only one I've never forgotten is the one who never asked... Malena.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Movie nowhere portrays anything anti muslim ... it merely contemplates the moral and ethical delima faced by two different aspects having different sorts of power at their disposal ......

They took the muslim-terrorist approach as that is a bit more convincing and supports the plot/the message perfectly.
It depends on your perception. An American citizen converting into a Muslim religion, changing his birth name and waging "holy" war against America by planting nuclear bombs. Doesn't this look fishy to you? Even though the whole movie may not be centred around it, but the core issue of terrorism is still constantly being poked in our face using the same religion. Watch 'Crossing Over' as it's a movie which is supposed to reflect the illegal immigration problem in the US. Yet there are so many scenes showing Muslims being accused as terrorists. It's not only Hollywood, but even Indian cinema's recent movies like Kurbaan & New York reflect on the same subject. They change the plot & ultimately try to convince the audience that why they do what they do, but I'm not sure how many people are convinced.

rhitwick said:
Eaten Alive....hmmmmm

Eathan, I hope u've already seen Hostel both parts.......
I have seen the first Hostel, which was pure garbage. Eli Roth can't make a movie for sh*t. I didn't find anything repulsive in that movie. I have to watch the second one though. I ignored it because the first one was horrendous.

kanjar said:
I pedaled as fast as i could.... as if I were escaping from longing, from innocence, from her. Time has passed, and I have loved many women. And as they've held me close... and asked if I will remember them I've said, "Yes, I will remember you." But the only one I've never forgotten is the one who never asked... Malena.
I have to agree. The whole thought of Renato remembering Malena for the rest of his life is quite a unique gesture. Especially, at his age when you can't really make out what "true" feelings really are for a person. The line was absolutely brilliant. I saw the Director's Cut version, which is supposed to be the closest cut to the original Italian version. Hope nothing was missed.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I have seen the first Hostel, which was pure garbage. Eli Roth can't make a movie for sh*t. I didn't find anything repulsive in that movie. I have to watch the second one though. I ignored it because the first one was horrendous.

It depends upon on which level u r. Ummm, Hostel 2 may not amuse u then.

Alice in Wonderland 5.5/10

And, Alice became a businesswoman.

Good art direction but story is too cheesy. And Mia simply failed to portray Alice.

Top Bottom