Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Damn man Robin is hot! I dunno why she ain't starring in movies!

Harold and Kumar :- Goto Whitecastle
6.5/10

Decent movie to kill an hour and a half with friends.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Malena 9/10

A very beautiful movie. At times, embarrassing, comical and haunting. But This is a great piece of cinema.

Monica Bellucci was never looked such beautiful. Tornatore succeeded showing Monica Bellucci in such a way that M.F Hussain failed to do with Madhuri in Gaja Gamini.
Lets not go into the other much talked brilliance of this movie. Just want to add one thing, IMO, only voyeurs see the real beauty and infatuating over a girl like Malena in adolescent age would sure to leave a mark.

I guess we all have our share of Malenas in our growing up time....I can find 2-3 in mine :-D

Tenure 5/10

Nothing great or nothing that is a must watch element in this movie. Just mentioned it because I've seen it.
Comical at times, rest of the times its nothing...u don't hate it, u don't like it too. Total mediocre.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Spaceballs :- 3/10
Bored the **** out of me in the first 30mins.

How I Met Your Mother - Season 2 - 8.5/10... still going strong! Let's see how season 3 fares out.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
How I Met Your Mother - Season 2 - 8.5/10... still going strong! Let's see how season 3 fares out.
By the end of Seaon 5, you would want to shoot yourself in the head or in the balls, whichever is more painful. It's turns so lousy, that even Barney's jokes can't keep the mood alive. :neutral:

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
By the end of Seaon 5, you would want to shoot yourself in the head or in the balls, whichever is more painful. It's turns so lousy, that even Barney's jokes can't keep the mood alive. :neutral:

I think season 4 was the most pathetic but i think season 5 is a little better . Some of the episodes in S5 were really good like the one in which barny has his playbook where he has all these formulas to hook up with different girls !
I am currently on episode 14 of season 5.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Almost all sitcoms turn out to be that except a few. My friend has all epis of FRIENDS, 90201 (is that right spelling ?) and Joey... and I am gonna get them tomorrow so lets see.

Saving Private Ryan :- 8.5/10
I am so ashamed to have pushed such a brilliant movie for so much time! It does get a lil slow sometimes but it has it's moments of extra-ordinary brilliance. The fight scenes are just splendid and the realism depicted in them horrific. Must watch for anyone.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Knight and Day 6/10

Coming from the show. Expected it to be an action comedy and it was an action comedy.

They tried to make it in shadows with MI theme. Well the action sequences were very good, enjoyable but story is sh1t or non-existent. Tom Cruise's acting looked like robotic (yes, I said that) on other hand Cameron Diaz did her part well i.e. she acted dumb.

My advice if anyone of you are planning to catch it,
>Don't keep ur hopes high
>Expect a normal action comedy
>Don't expect a story
>Don't expect any explanation
>Try to enjoy Hollywood "Prince" :-D

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The Poughkeepsie Tapes: Quite chilling. Touches new heights of gore. Loosely based on true story. Its scary to know such people do exist in reality too!

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
The Poughkeepsie Tapes :- 5/10. Dunno why... maybe my taste in movies is bad lol. Not enough gore. Should have been really great if there was more blood, dismemberment and mutilation.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
R-Point 7.5/10

A good horror movie.

Total effort was given to creating the environment and acting. Liked it very much.

It was lying in my HDD for some months but I was ignoring it thinking how a ghost movie about soldiers can be good?
But it did serve its purpose. Thumbs up for this one.

als2

Journeyman
hey guy someone here recommend a Asian movie ,where a guy work was to look after the dead bodies of people and goes through the meaning of life

what is this movie called???

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Salo or 120 Days of Sodom :- 7/10
One of the most disturbing films I have ever seen but nonetheless, Pasolini was a genius. He explored and re-arranged the boundaries of film-making.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Salo or 120 Days of Sodom :- 7/10
One of the most disturbing films I have ever seen but nonetheless, Pasolini was a genius. He explored and re-arranged the boundaries of film-making.

I knew u (and only u!) could do it. The kind of stomach u've developed over the years, nothing can make u puke and make u nauseate.

Krow had mentioned this movie to me, he could not survive more than 10 mins though. I did not even try, not even the IMDB page...

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Inception starts off with 9.6 (1700 Votes) on IMDB.....review are mind blowing ... looks like this might set few records as well as Nolan's TDK ...... waiting for it in India (Though no India release is there on IMDB)

But, newspapers here in Mumbai are advertising its opening day as 16th July....and Cinemax, INOX, FAME etc are printing their names too....

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I knew u (and only u!) could do it. The kind of stomach u've developed over the years, nothing can make u puke and make u nauseate.

Krow had mentioned this movie to me, he could not survive more than 10 mins though. I did not even try, not even the IMDB page...

Yeah well it was fun lol :D. Today ima watch Men Behind The Sun. Anyone seen it ?

@sam9s :- Yup Inception's gonna be a mind boggling movie. Waiting for it!

Top Bottom