Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

faraaz

Evil Genius
I Am Legend Book -> 10/10
I Am Legend Movie -> 5/10 .. why such a low score despite it being a good movie?? It departed TOO much from the novel...normally I dont care when directors take license with a book's details like they did in LOTR movies...but when you change the ending which was the ENTIRE POINT of the book, it stops being an adaptation of the novel and more of an OVA...so I didn't like it. If I had not read the book much before this, would I have liked the movie? Probly...still it wouldnt get more than 7/10 because of loopholes in the plot.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
^^the ending of the book is diff. ? gotta read this one now..

and, another example of where the movie departs from the story in the book it is based on is Bourne series....the movie is very very diff. from the book. actually the movies r better than the books

faraaz

Evil Genius
Saw American Pie Beta House...strictly average material...starts off pretty funny...but the last half hour or so is just sidey...I didn't enjoy it.

@xbonez: The ending is completely different!! In the movie...they cheapend the whole concept of Will Smith being the Legend...they said he is the creator of the cure for the disease, which is why he is a Legend...but if you willread the book, you will realise that the REAL reason why he's a legend is WAY more awesome and just really powerful...y'know, it gives you goosebumps and stuff. And the last paragraph of the book gives it such an impact...the movie conveys NONE of that...

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Anand (Rajesh Khanna and Amitabh wali film) =D

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Anand (Rajesh Khanna and Amitabh wali film) =D

"Zindagi aur maut uparwale ke haath mein hai, Jahanpanah. Hum sab rangmanch ki kathputliyan hain jinki dor uparwale ki ungliyon se bandhi hui hai. Kab kaun uthega koi nahin bata sakta. Ha ha ha."

yep nice movie :D

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
another example of where the movie departs from the story in the book it is based on is Bourne series....the movie is very very diff. from the book. actually the movies r better than the books

i disagree. The books are cult material. The movies are good in their own right but not as captivating esp. The Bourne Identity. Beauty lies in the details.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
techtronic's Movie Recommendations for this week :D

1.The Life Of David Gale - Kate Winslte, Kevin Spacey
2.3:10 To Yuma - Christian Bale, Russell Crowe
3.Don Juan De Marco - Johnny Depp, Marlon Brando
4.Notes On A Scandal - Judi Dench, Cate Blanchett
5.Zodiac

xbonez

i disagree. The books are cult material. The movies are good in their own right but not as captivating esp. The Bourne Identity. Beauty lies in the details.

dunno dude...there's something about Robert Ludlum's style of writing that just bores me....the only book of his that i really liked was the Ottoman Conspiracy, apart from that i've started a number of his books but always dropped them

and my point wasn't that the movies are better than the books. my point was that apart from sharing the same name and the protagonist, the books n movies go in totally different directions..

goobimama

 Macboy
My lineup for the weekend. All 720p HD movies :p
1) 3:10 to Yuma
2) Live Free or Die Hard
3) The kingdom
4) Eastern Promises

Will post reviews after I go through them ;)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^
Yeah let us know how it went... Was thinking of Eastern Promises and The Kingdom for a while.

xbonez

eastern promises is gud...definitely worth watching. so is die hard 4..yet to watch the other 2

ajayritik

Technomancer
Hey Grudge I have to admit that your selection is really good! Man if you have watched any new movies of late do let me know. I remember last time I had started a thread asking to post some of good movies and I should admit I liked the ones you recommended. Hey Praka you still havent told why you keep cat as avatar. Do you like cats?

goobimama

 Macboy
Yuma was good. But I was expecting more from an 8/10 IMDB rating movie. Let's just say it is nothing like the Clint Eastwood cowboy movies. Still, it's a good watch.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
My lineup for the weekend. All 720p HD movies :p
1) 3:10 to Yuma
2) Live Free or Die Hard
3) The kingdom
4) Eastern Promises

Will post reviews after I go through them ;)

Out of topic !
What is your monitor's resolution ?

Who

Guess Who's Back
Dear goobimama,
I am writing to you to know some information, have you seen 12 monkeys by now ? if not, it has been over two months & this is very unjust, so i hope you look into the matter.
Your Friend,
A Monkey