Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hot Fuzz 5.5/10

The Wicker Man+The Village+Dragging is this movie...
Everytime I thought its the end, and it starts something new...

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The Time Traveler's Wife - Critics bashed it quite a bit. I haven't read the book but I quite liked the movie! Different script, worth a watch.

Krow

Crowman
^Yeah. Hollywood rules! Period. Bollywood people doesn't have the imaginary power. '60s had but not now. Who's the best director in Bollywood, eh? Let us compare him to THE BEST director in Hollywood, James Cameron. Shall we? :D
:noob: Yeah, hollywood rules for spammers like you. Bollywood does not have the imaginary power oh yes! Apparently, before spamming this forum you did not watch No Smoking. '60's had but not now, because you did not see any movie other than Girlfriend and Popkorn khao mast ho jaao. For all I know and for all the spam you have been puking all over the forum, you can't even speak in Hindi. James Cameron is by no means Hollywood's best director.

I wish this forum was strictly moderated. Spammers like this one would get an instant and permanent ban, which is what they deserve. Apparently he did not contend with spamming the Game you are currently addicted to thread. Now he has spread his wings to the movies thread and the GPU News Channel too. Now if we don't discourage him now, he will fill this thread with Navis and Pandora and
CAMERON ROCKS! SH*T ANY NEWS OF AVATAR 2!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT.
until everyone puts him in his ignore list.

To all readers, I am sorry if you feel this was uncalled for but just see the posts made by him in the game thread I mentioned or simply ask some other regular posters of the same thread. This nuisance had to be curbed before it got out of hand.

Back to the topic:

Final Fantasy: Advent Children : 7/10. Great 3D anime Action.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^Aww.. come on, no opinions from me? Ye'r a noob talkin' to a "Mr. Crowman-thinks-I'm-a-noob". Ignore me like Ethan does or don't bother me like every member does. I'll stop pukin' after ye stop pukin' on me. :D

Whatever ye say, people. One man against many is worthless. I'll go to Avatar-Forums.com instead. Why would I sh*t around here, eh?

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Yeah! This along with Shaun Of The Dead is one of the best comedy/satire/parody I've ever seen! Can't believe You rate it so low!
Parody???!!! I thought.... :rolleyes:
May be but obviously not satire, it can't touch that level.
Good comedy but ending felt dragging...

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Sherlock Holmes - strong 8/10 : I had a low hopes before I went to the movie as I was disappointed with the Trailer and didnt like the idea of Guy Ritchie directing it! But I was totally blown away ! RDJ and Jude Law did a brilliant job ...totally loved 'em! It is a popcorn film, and hence very high on entertainment factor! Maybe the Sherlock Holmes purists may not like many factors of it, but since I've not read much of it I can't complaint on that aspect! Perfect mixture of comedy, action and thriller ....Go watch it...totally worth the money!! I may watch it again!

Krow

Crowman
3 Idiots: 5.5/10.

Personally I would give it 8/10 as I could relate a lot to Madhavan's character. As a film in itself, I felt that it has a lot of similarity to Munnabhai. In fact, the whole movie was actually a revitalised Munnabhai MBBS. Besides, it is just a popcorn film. Aamir looked lost initially, but made up later. Kareena looked like the girl from Jab We Met. :x The major plus for me was Boman Irani and Madhavan. Sharman was fine, but he needs to find more versatile roles or his career will end up like Arshad Warsi's, doing all similar roles.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Sherlock Holmes...from trailers I could not accept him fighting a duel with some heavyweight, then some magic or watever that may be...

I've read the books and the character I've built in my mind is not matching with what is represented here...

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
(500) Days of Summer 7/10

I found this is similar to "Love Aaj Kal", anyone else with me?
Even it has a similar scene from "Kal ho na ho" where random people are seen telling what "Love" is?

Good movie, great sound-tracks...pain is shown very abstractly, may be its like that or its more than that...

(but, how is it 8.1 in IMDB, I find it not that good)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Attack the gas station 9.5/10

O, man wat a great comedy is this. Crazy as hell but still makes u sympathize with the baddies.

After a long time I've seen such a good comedy...don't miss it.

Krow

Crowman
Sherlock Holmes...from trailers I could not accept him fighting a duel with some heavyweight, then some magic or watever that may be...

I've read the books and the character I've built in my mind is not matching with what is represented here...
I have read almost the whole of Sherlock Holmes. I think I'm missing this movie. I hate to see movies based on novels I liked a lot. Anyone else who thinks LOTR movies are more of badly made music videos of the book? No flames please. Just my two paise.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I have read almost the whole of Sherlock Holmes. I think I'm missing this movie. I hate to see movies based on novels I liked a lot. Anyone else who thinks LOTR movies are more of badly made music videos of the book? No flames please. Just my two paise.
What's your standpoint on the movie from a stand alone perspective?

Krow

Crowman
What's your standpoint on the movie from a stand alone perspective?
If it's Sherlock Holmes you are speaking about, then I have not seen it and I will not see it because I am a huge fan of the books. Sherlock's observation is what inspired me to observe the surroundings a lot and is one reason why I love photography today. :) I would hate to see a bad portrayal of him or in other words, I would hate to see the book not being done justice.

If it's LOTR you are speaking about, then I feel that the movie has done justice to the story and not altered it to suit commercial needs. For someone who has not read the book, it is a very good film, but for someone who has felt the beauty of the book, I am sorry to say that the film is a badly made music video. A simple example: you read the book and you relate to a certain character a lot. In the film you find that the particular character has been neglected/portrayed in an altogether different manner which differs a lot from the way you imagined him/her to be. The mind is a playground, it tends to fill the gaps in the story with imaginary events and this is something a movie can usually not make happen. But the book succeeds in doing this. It is an extension to my imagination and the way I visualised the whole novel was vastly different from the way it was portrayed. FYI, I thank the movie for making me read the book, which I finished in 8 days, 6 hours continuous reading each day.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
If it's LOTR you are speaking about, then I feel that the movie has done justice to the story and not altered it to suit commercial needs. For someone who has not read the book, it is a very good film, but for someone who has felt the beauty of the book, I am sorry to say that the film is a badly made music video. A simple example: you read the book and you relate to a certain character a lot. In the film you find that the particular character has been neglected/portrayed in an altogether different manner which differs a lot from the way you imagined him/her to be. The mind is a playground, it tends to fill the gaps in the story with imaginary events and this is something a movie can usually not make happen. But the book succeeds in doing this. It is an extension to my imagination and the way I visualised the whole novel was vastly different from the way it was portrayed. FYI, I thank the movie for making me read the book, which I finished in 8 days, 6 hours continuous reading each day.
Don't get me wrong. My query arose mainly due to the fact that I hate reading novels and often see people commenting about the book being better, and not the movie. So used to wonder how you guys (who read the novels and then watch the movie or vice versa) would feel LOTR would be from a movie perspective, assuming it wasn't based on any book.

Top Bottom