Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Chasing Amy 9/10

Far more weird than "101 Reykjavik" (comparing only weirdness here, nothing else) and even more strong than that.

It asks ur brain and heart at the same time. Very few movies are capable of doing it.

I really liked this movie.
Guys with open mind and patience can give it a try...u won't regret.

Krow

Crowman
Don't get me wrong. My query arose mainly due to the fact that I hate reading novels and often see people commenting about the book being better, and not the movie. So used to wonder how you guys (who read the novels and then watch the movie or vice versa) would feel LOTR would be from a movie perspective, assuming it wasn't based on any book.
Totally cool with me. I feel such queries are necessary. Besides, the movie made me read the novel, which is a 1100 page monster. :-D

Krow

Crowman
Awaiting short user reviews on...

Spirited Away..

Amelie

Fantastic Mr.Fox
Spirited away is fantastic anime. Must watch. Also watch Howl's Moving Castle. Both are by Hayao Miyazaki. IMHO, Howl is better but many disagree. :) Miyazaki's films are awesome.

Not seen the other two yet.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Saw 'Derailed' a few days ago on Zee Studio. I think that has been remade to the hindi film 'The Train', although I have not watched the hindi version personally. I think that one was an interesting movie. I liked it, although I do not know how fellow digitians will think.

azzu

AJJU
(500) Days of Summer 7/10

I found this is similar to "Love Aaj Kal", anyone else with me?
Even it has a similar scene from "Kal ho na ho" where random people are seen telling what "Love" is?

Good movie, great sound-tracks...pain is shown very abstractly, may be its like that or its more than that...

(but, how is it 8.1 in IMDB, I find it not that good)

watched it totally different Holly wood love story
but not that great
but i cant compare it Loveajkal (may be bcoz of im a great fan of imtiaz ali )

quan chi

mortal kombat
watched species I,II,III.first one was ok last two were completely unnecessary.

even watchmen. i think its the first hollywood movie i have seen which is 3 hours long.
i really didn't liked the movie at all.it could have been better but i think the direction was poor.the movie is too slow for a superhero movie.but the ending was ok.

it was almost similar to the sin city which also is made from graphic novel/comics.but still i would say sin city was quite fast.

tkin

Back to school!!
Just watched Leon: The Professional, loved it, thousand times better than the blasted Hindi remake.

Top Bottom