Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

D

Deleted member 26636

Whisper of the heart- this ones currently my favorite anime by hayao miyazaki. 10/10 from me. very soon, i'll complete watching all of miyazaki's films that i can find...i'm just so addicted.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Cloverfield - This movie is so frickin awesome!!

Pure awesomeness -
The film's camera style, has caused some viewers (particularly in darkened movie theaters) to experience vertigo, including nausea and a temporary loss of balance. Audience members prone to migraines have cited the film as a trigger. Some theaters showing the film, such as AMC Theatres, posted warnings, informing viewers about the filming style of Cloverfield

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Azumi 8/10

Good sword fight with similarly good story.
At least 2000 to 2500 people were killed in this movie and that woman herself at about one thousand of them.
She has sad eyes and sweet smile and lacks emotions in acting. May be that was demanded from her.

Guys check out u won't regret.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Ok I also saw Terminator Salvation myrating 6.5/10 at the most, yes you are right saying that it was better than the 3rd, but I was in no way able to relate this movie with the original Ts (Unlike Star Treak which was splinded in character development) also agree on the timeline goof ups, too many holes......But the point I do not agree is the greyish tone with the grainy effect that was used to portray nuclear holocaust future toned down war zone.......ok NOT because of the tone it self but the Blueish effect Camaron used (the opening scenes in the previous Terminators and when Kyle Reese dreams about the future where after a struggle he enters the bunker where torn down devastated civilians are hiding and then its attacked by a machine) was way way WAY better than this one. Even though its mere a few minutes scene it still really puts the impact of a very scary desolated future, I say McG should have kept the same tone and ambience, but I know he couldn have, after all it was Camaron who directed the original Ts.

Transformers 2 would be way better than this one I am sure........eagerly waiting

Ok GUYES after jotting my thoughts I went stright toIMDB boards for a discuession there (which I usually do) and just look at the one of the coment this "enjoiskaterguy" guy has to say...this is EXACTLY what I am trying to say in my above post....read out what he has to say....

The atmosphere that James Cameron and Stan Winston had created for the first 2 films in the franchise is what really hit me and still does to this day. I think that was the key component along with consistency and approach that gave the Terminator film it's unique style and attractiveness. It's metallic-blue overlay, infused with creepy whines of music and heart pounding edge of your seat suspense was what really created this secondary reality if not for only an hour long. It made us have a connection to these characters. A sense of believability in what was really going on. But it was those elements that were able to harness the inner workings of this dark dreamland. In essence the first two Terminators were projected nightmares in a sense, as if you were running and running, but no how fast you ran, the shadowy figure on your toes just keeps closing in. THAT is what made those films so captivating.

Now these elements in one way or another were tried in this newest installment of the franchise. I see it as I've heard before as a "hit and miss" movie in which it got some key features to play out in the film, but lacked that essential tone T1 and T2 romantically portrayed.

I think no better words to say what I already said...........what does Terminator Fans has to say about this.....
James Cameron is arguably the finest sci-fi director ever...he is one of the best in the world...too bad he sold the rights to terminator movie series...But i can't wait for avatar movie now.. :)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@sam: You must understand that I was rating Terminator: Salvation on a stand alone basis & not comparing them to the ones directed by Cameron. For me, the Terminator franchise ended the day Cameron stepped out of it's direction. Mostow f*cked up the franchise & I lost all hope. Now this is coming from a me, a person, who has idolised this series (read: the original Terminator & Judgement Day) for being the best movies of all time. I am a way bigger fan of this franchise then you can imagine. Infact, Terminator 2: Judgement Day is my all time favourite movie & also ranked no. 1 in my list. I have pretty much every versions of both movies. If I ever get a Blu-Ray player or a PS3, then I'll make sure the first original Blu-Ray movie I would get would be both the Terminators. That is how much I love it.

Coming back to Salvation, I felt it was pretty good as an action movie. I never had huge expectations with it, since T3 had made a mockery of the series. This movie too had some issues, but it was OK. I loved the visual presentation of the movie. The destruction of every area portrayed was a clear picture of what you might have post a nuclear war, may be worse. Bale was good, but I can't seem to understand why he still carries his "Batman voice" in this movie? There were fluid android animations as well. CGI done for the T-600's, Hunters-Killers, The Harvester, Hydrobots, Moto-Terminators etc. had a very authentic feel to them.

The introduction of Marcus Wright was a good addition to the movie. He had a good role & seemed to overshadow Connor's part too. There should have been a bit more focus on his background, rather than a flimsy intro sequence. Soundtrack was a huge disappointment. Why in the hell can't they keep the original theme which Brad Fiedel had composed? That is something which the movie lacked entirely, a good freaking score.

The other problem was with the time line paradox. Kyle Reese became a teenager in the future? Huh? This was confusing. First they kill off Sarah Connor out of the blue in T3 & now this is what we get. The plot was still better than T3. It followed up properly with the resistance taking on Skynet, or atleast a part of it. So question remains that with Skynet being a global widespread, how many more movies can we expect?

*SPOILER ALERT*
Some minor problems I had: the CGI version of Arnold, it wouldn't melt with molten steel & the heart transplant finale.
*SPOILER END*

But the point I do not agree is the greyish tone with the grainy effect that was used to portray nuclear holocaust future toned down war zone.......ok NOT because of the tone it self but the Blueish effect Camaron used (the opening scenes in the previous Terminators and when Kyle Reese dreams about the future where after a struggle he enters the bunker where torn down devastated civilians are hiding and then its attacked by a machine) was way way WAY better than this one
I only mentioned it because it had that look. It was more of an information & not a praise. I personally hate a grainy look. Not sure why most high-definition content prefer them in the first place. The greyish tone was alright. It's in the middle of a desert, so you can't expect a full bluish tone used in T1 & T2. Cameron had a vision & he captured it perfectly. It would be a sin for me to compare McG's work to his.

One more thing I hate is the overuse of CGI these days. They just take out the authenticity of make-up effects, which give a more realistic feel. This is one more aspect where Cameron excelled & most directors failed. If you look at the final confrontation between Arnold & T-1000 in T2, you'll know how realistic it looked compared to T3 & T4. It actually seemed like Arnold was an android. That's because they used proper make up on him & didn't give a CGI wreckage. In T3 & T4, you'll clearly notice that they used CGI to manipulate the skin tearing & the revealing of their endo-skeleton. It's just not good enough.

I wouldn't want another Terminator movie, to be honest. It was a brilliant franchise till Judgement Day, but now it's just being stretched from every direction. :sad:

ajayritik

Technomancer
The .mkv & .mp4 are usually containers for storing video, audio & subtitles. They can't be played on normal DVD players with DivX/XviD support is merely because they aren't supported containers. They can only played by supported players like WD HD Media Player. It supports a wide array of formats including Matroska.

The other day I read a list of DVD players that support MKV format but I guess will not get them in India though. Can you tell me how much would this WD HD Media Player cost in India? I remember seeing an ad of it on digit forum and may be the price was under 10k.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The President is Coming 8/10

This is a gr8 movie. If you want intelligent humor, black comedy. This is what u r waiting for. Go check out.
Two thumbs up for this movie. Not recommended to everyone;-)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next"

And this is the effect of watching Gladiator unteenth time.....

Gladiator,FTW.

D

Deleted member 26636

Kiki's Delivery service- again by hayao miyazaki...man his movies are just awesome..

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Angels and demons - Good execution. But the church's minute details and puzzles were way too much for me. I sorta guessed the ending so didn't find it way too exciting. But entertaining stuff anyway.

First movie in almost one and half months! Not long ago I used to watch one movie per day. Cruel life.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Angels and demons - Good execution. But the church's minute details and puzzles were way too much for me. I sorta guessed the ending so didn't find it way too exciting. But entertaining stuff anyway.

First movie in almost one and half months! Not long ago I used to watch one movie per day. Cruel life.
Read the book if u've not yet. IMO, this is better than The Da Vinci Code.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
watched, L.A. Confedential,

A kick ass movie. Amazing performance by Russell Crowe. Curtis Hanson did well in his direction. If any one hasn't seen(Wish i was the last one. it came in 1997) Don't even dare to miss it.

9/10.

Trainspotting

I don't know the name of the actors. But There is a characters called 'Spud' and 'tommy' who blew my mind with their performances. The film never feel lagging. Overall a film to be watched.

8.5/10

Top Bottom