Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Dude just needed a piece of information. I always wanted to ask this question to somebody. Sometimes I find some movie files which say AC3 5.1 What exactly are these? They seem to be around 1.5 to 2.1 GB. I guess since the size is more, quality would also be better. Any inputs? And what about x264 which can be mkv or mp4. This always seems to be better in audio and video quality. Only down point being that it can't be played on a regular DVD player.
Sorry folks for off topic discussion!
AC3, in general, is another name for Dolby Digital. It's a audio compression technology. AC3 5.1 states that it retains the whole 5.1 channel effect ripped from a normal DVD. The higher quality rips, usually the ones with 2+ discs, may have AC 5.1 encoding on them. These are perfect to achieve a proper 5.1 channel surround sound. The increased size is also because of the audio bitrate. Pick any movie of 2CD version & you'll find that it usually has a very high audio bitrate compared to a 1CD version.

The .mkv & .mp4 are usually containers for storing video, audio & subtitles. They can't be played on normal DVD players with DivX/XviD support is merely because they aren't supported containers. They can only played by supported players like WD HD Media Player. It supports a wide array of formats including Matroska.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
terminator salvation 7/10: amazing build up to the finish but the finish seems rushed...would have preferred a more detailed ending and a better link in the end with the previous movies....seems like they are setting the stage for T5

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
A Tale of Two Sisters 8.5/10

At last I watched this movie.
And with the help of IMDB I think I know who is dead and who is alive at the end of the movie.
As a psychopath movie this is a gr8 movie but in horror genre I would still rate Ring best. I expected chilling horror scenes but I got a brainfcuk movie with 2-3 good scenes.

Story good.
Acting brilliant.
Everything else is just perfect but don't call it greatest horror movie ever.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Terminator : Salvation

6.5/10

Watched it in a multiplex today. It dosent live upto the standards of the previous Terminators. There is very less action and the story isnt good enough to compensate for the lack of action. The direction and Bale's acting is kickass though :).

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Just came back from Terminator: Salvation. I liked it. Way better than Terminator: Rise of Machines. It wasn't a major addition to the series, but still passable as a decent action flick. Although this movie still failed to explain the timeline paradox & complicated it even further. I felt Marcus Wright had a better screen presence than Bale. McG has provided a good detail to the post-nuclear affected area. He also has added a greyish tone to the movie along with a grainy effect. The soundtrack is underwhelming. The sound effects were really good.

I would give it a solid 8/10. Waiting for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen to release now.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Damn, LoTR movies are big. The first one is around 3 and a half hour. Watched 75% of it. Will finish tomorrow. The third one is 4hrs4mins long o_0

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
^^Yeah!! I know.....But it's awesome!!!Thats why films should like these should be watched in cinema

Top Bottom