Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Pathik

Google Bot
I think, now I know the meaning of the last scene.
A lot of time u just miss the opportunity to say/do something. May be over the years those just become meaningless. But deep down u still feel at least u should have done that. U should have done that, irrespective of the result.
Then I remembered that in one movie this was shown. Then I got the climax scene, but could not remember the movie:grin:

Dude, by any chance are you planning to propose to your childhood love? :p

Krow

Crowman
ahhh...this damned theme...anyway watched these four animes- 1.Howl's moving castle
2.My neighbour totoro 3.Ponyo on the cliff by the sea
..these three are from the highly acclaimed hayao miyazaki & are just awesome. Also watched Millenium actress..this is also very good.

Wow... I dint xpct ne1 ovr here to hunt down good ol' miyazaki! Try Spirited Away. Personally I liked Howl better. Amazing movie.

About Satoshi Kon : Millenium Actress is brilliant, but a lot of people find the plot too confusing. The movie rox though. U cn try his Paprika.

I'll chk out the other two...

BTW, The Wrestler - 9/10

8/10 for the movie. 9/10 for direction and Mickey Rourke.
Also, Requiem For a Dream was just too good.

D

Deleted member 26636

Wow... I dint xpct ne1 ovr here to hunt down good ol' miyazaki! Try Spirited Away. Personally I liked Howl better. Amazing movie.

About Satoshi Kon : Millenium Actress is brilliant, but a lot of people find the plot too confusing. The movie rox though. U cn try his Paprika.

I'll chk out the other two...

hey i am a big fan of miyazaki's anime...i've already watched Spirited Away..i just can't say which one's the best...i will try Paprika soon..

Krow

Crowman
Lol..............no way. I was a good boy in my child-hood.

And, its the outcome of my idle time. Main bahut faltu cheezei sochta raheta hoon:grin:

OFFTOPIC:

Nothin's faltu dude! One of my friends once said, " What's life but an intricate illusion? " :D

Think on. India needs some great movie historians. :grin:

U never knw whn the faltuest thing of today might be tomorrow's gold. John Milton only earned close to 15 pounds for his classic novel Paradise Lost. It was appreciated only after he died! Hehe...

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
OFFTOPIC:

Nothin's faltu dude! One of my friends once said, " What's life but an intricate illusion? " :D
My idle time is full of dat.

Think on. India needs some great movie historians. :grin:
Is it so? Tell them I'm coming. I'm too proud to hear this. I was not this happy when I passed my Mechanics exam:-D

U never knw whn the faltuest thing of today might be tomorrow's gold. John Milton only earned close to 15 pounds for his classic novel Paradise Lost. It was appreciated only after he died! Hehe...
But, none is noting down things I say:?. Its really Paradise Lost!:grin:

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
Lol..............no way. I was a good boy in my child-hood.

And, its the outcome of my idle time. Main bahut faltu cheezei sochta raheta hoon:grin:
hey ur not alone, we all do!:oops:
an idle brain is the proverbial devils workshop.
so cant help it.....

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Idle time ? yar mujhe bhi QTP sikha do agar itta sara free time hai QTP testing main :razz:
Re yaar, u know....its like playing ur own song. At that time u just enjoy what u did.

We write script and then run it. When it runs u can't do anything wid the PC. So we get plenty of free time. As u r in office and under firewall, no sites, no FM (bad signal), bored wid same songs (MP3 player, but can't have new songs everyday)...so I left wid day-dreaming.

U know we have a script which once started takes at least 6-7hrs to complete. So... :lol:

D

Deleted member 26636

watched "the cat returns"...another really good anime by hayao miyazaki.

ajayritik

Technomancer
That's a total waste if you're getting those stereo sound ones. Do you have 5.1 channel speakers set up?
Dude just needed a piece of information. I always wanted to ask this question to somebody. Sometimes I find some movie files which say AC3 5.1 What exactly are these? They seem to be around 1.5 to 2.1 GB. I guess since the size is more, quality would also be better. Any inputs? And what about x264 which can be mkv or mp4. This always seems to be better in audio and video quality. Only down point being that it can't be played on a regular DVD player.
Sorry folks for off topic discussion!

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@ajayritik, the files with AC3 5.1 means they will provide 5.1 channel sound. THe way a movie is compressed is:-
1>1080p rips> HD print, more details, high resolution so more data. Generally stretches to 7-9GB even 10-12GB can also be.
2>DVD ISO> Original DVD quality print but so don't have as much details as HD so less size
3>CD >well do I need to talk to u about CD quality pictures. Watch then in a resolution of 22' monitor and u'ld come to know.

Now the RIPs are mainly source of HD prints and DVDs.
Some people need to burn them in a CD so 700MB rips for them. Sports quite good frame rate and 2 channel sound. (5.1 or 7.1 channel sound is compressed to 2 channel sound)

Some people like to have all in a small size compared to DVD isos, so 1.43 or 2.4GB files for them. Sports more good frame rate, less video compression, sound is kept as original 5.1 source. As more data is provided so end product result increases.

Ontopic:-
IP Man 9/10

Thank you sam for recommending this. Excellent movie. U did mention its from same director of "Dragon tiger gate", but both of the movies are so so different. It doesn't at all smell like that. This one is more perfect and seems made wid utmost care.

Theme I found somewhat similar to Jet Lee's "Fearless"

Top Bottom