Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Watchmen 8/10

I expected a superhero movie but it disappointed me. It asked to put my brains and asked me to think more.
Has a very complex and dark theme. Dark side of our heroes.

A bit lengthy and not for everyone. My room-mate who is not into such brain-involving movies called it boring.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
yep warriors is a good movie albeit not an action one but worth for serious cinema lovers, I would like to give the credit to Awlly who recommended this movie to me...
I'm pretty sure he isn't talking about Once Were Warriors, which was the movie I recommended. If I have got the link properly then it should be this Warrior. If not this then I'm not sure which "The Warriors" he is talking about.

Anyway coming back to my movie spree:
Fired Up - 8/10. Loved this film.
Hack - 7/10. OK'ish slasher flick
He's Just Not That Into You - 7/10
Echelon Conspiracy - 6/10. A complete rip-off of Eagle Eye.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
oops I got mixed up with the names I guess, and yes even I am sure he does not mean the movie we mentioned......never the less.....Once Were Warriors was some serious movie stuff and highly recommended
Tell me bout it. It was a totally fantastic film. I somehow saw it again. Very brutal stuff in there & intensely acted as well. Everything about that movie felt totally realistic. Especially the finale bashing that Jake delivers.

Rahim

Married!
I have seen plenty of religious/conspiracy/controversial movies and thought, "Heck, I have seen it all !!".
Then I was hit by this monster: The Man From Earth. Brilliant acting and dialogues were superb and not to forget the main theme. A very thought-provoking movie which forces one to sit by some quiet place and think what just happened.

@all: Any more of such movies would be welcomed. Suggestions plz.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Nope, Loucifier=My favourate character in one my favorite games of all time(Guitar Heroes 3: Legends of Rock)

And one of the powerful charecters I've seen in movies(Constantine).

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
TERMINATOR SALVATION - 6/10 : Good action stand alone film....dunno why critics are bashing it...ofcourse MCG ain't no James Cameron...but its totally enjoyable!!

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Hangover-10/10

Watched it twice and o could not stop laughing. :D

They walk into a hotel named Ceaser's palace. The guy asks the receptionist.

guy-Err, i am sure you get asked this question quite a lot, but did Caeser actually live here??

Stu- I broke a tooth, i married a whore

Allan- how dare you call her a whore, shes a nice lady. :D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I might add, some of special effects (accident scenes) in this movie are SPECTACULAR!
they alone made the movie worth a watch.
Yes they were, but unfortunately, what could have been a really good movie, got screwed up big time due to a shoddy ending. Heck even the Aircraft & Train crash sequence were splendid.

abyss88

Broken In
Lucky Number Sleven...

MORGAN FREEMAN, BEN KINGSLEY,BRUCE WILLIS.JOSH HARTNETT

*www.imdb.com/title/tt0425210/

Top Bottom