Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ajayritik

Technomancer
13B 8/10

Wow!!!
After 1920, this is the movie we were waiting for. Seriously India has come to an age in thriller making. So original plot and cinematography. One negative point is d explanation of TV as a medium, but forgivable for such a BEAUTIFUL thriller.
Not for a single moment (ok, beside songs) the movie was boring. Even I can't point out one single shot which is useless or does not help in story progress. Madhaban is one man army here, others just played their part.
Kudos to the director.
Only if, they could manage advertising like Raaz2, it would be biggest hit of bollywood this year.
*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/31.png
I have 13B with me for a week now which I got after checking out some reviews but later when I found that the movie was not so successful I dropped the idea of watching it. But now looks like from your recommendation need to watch it once.

D

Deleted member 26636

Watchmen - 8.5/10 My first reaction was HOLY CRAP!!THIS IS AWESOME..can't believe a comic book could be so dark...its a must watch...& this is prolly the first comic movie i have ever seen with so much of 'Scenes'...hope u get the point.. :)

thanx...was waiting for someone to watch it...now its time for me to give it a try.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I got this movie on my LAN & since I have unsubscribed from my NU scheme for my internet, I can't get any movie for this month. So I'll get Brotherhood of War when I get my unlimited connection back.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Layer Cake - A typical british drugs, gangs film. A bit like Snatch, Daniel Craig instead of Brad Pitt. Average movie throughout, but taken to another level with the ending! Worth a watch.

ps - a bit heavy on accent. Subtitles recommended.

The forum sucks. Its down 2 days every weekend. Whats going on?

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
saw monsters vs aliens on sunday at imax wadala in 3d...I would give it 7+1/10..1 being for the 3d experience...its a good movie which kids & adults will like it...the only complaint i have is there should have been more 3d effects in it...since it was made for a 3d experience but whatever they had,the movie was fun & made me laugh quite often..loved the character bob...movie is recommended for anyone irrespective of your age..but try to watch it in 3d...

D

Deleted member 26636

saw monsters vs aliens on sunday at imax wadala in 3d...I would give it 7+1/10..1 being for the 3d experience...its a good movie which kids & adults will like it...the only complaint i have is there should have been more 3d effects in it...since it was made for a 3d experience but whatever they had,the movie was fun & made me laugh quite often..loved the character bob...movie is recommended for anyone irrespective of your age..but try to watch it in 3d...

i am thinking of watching it tomorrow at fun cinemas only for the true 3d exp. i've never watched any 3d movie before...so is it worth watching for the 3d effects(as a first timer)or is it like any other animated movie?

offtopic:if i buy a pair of 3d goggles..will i be able to watch 3d movies at home on my PC monitor?

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
i am thinking of watching it tomorrow at fun cinemas only for the true 3d exp. i've never watched any 3d movie before...so is it worth watching for the 3d effects(as a first timer)or is it like any other animated movie?

offtopic:if i buy a pair of 3d goggles..will i be able to watch 3d movies at home on my PC monitor?

yup it is worth watching fir the 3d effects for a first timer to get a feel of what 3d actually feels like...because there are big budget films coming up in 3d(avatar-james cameron) & u atleast get an idea as to how it feels...now it doesn't have as many 3d effects as i expected...but u won't be dissapointed...its a fun film altogether...

no idea whether 3d goggles will help u watch a movie at your comp in 3d...but i highly doubt it...but then again i have no idea about it...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Even I loved ONG BAK 2 but was left high & dry because of the sloppy ending. If only they would have sealed the finale in style, it would have been appreciated way more. I'm amazed how Jaa always tries to pull of something unique & always seems to get it perfect. He doesn't stick to one form but constantly keeps on reinventing himself. This movie focussed on a bit deeper story as opposed to the previous ones. If there is a sequel, hope they announce it soon.

Desperado

Broken In
Chocolate 8/10

The movie is good if not compared to Tony Jaa's. Although it should have been called Copycat than chocolate coz the girl just keeps copying everyone's fighting style.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Derailed - These days I am watching twisted end movies(not the commonly known ones). This one doesn't quite fit into that league but nonetheless its still entertaining and gripping. Give it a try if you like Clive Oven and Jennifer Aniston.

Few twisted end movies I watched in last few days:-
The Skeleton Key
Layer Cake
Derailed(not quite twisted end)
The Uninvited

Next will be : The Science Of Sleep

Top Bottom