Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Fitna - A short fact film. I hope all religions vanish.

The Fall - Suddenly I feel our heritage and structures are so beautiful. Its a visually stunning movie by Tarsem Singh.

Nice recommendation from a_medico :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys I want to recommend a movie; its Aanwar.
It was an utter flop movie so, if u can't remember it still now its not ur fault.

I saw that movie a long ago and I liked it. Its a very good try but from cinematic values its a bad experience.
The director has tried to show a lot of sociological issues in this movie but d mistake he did was to show them in one movie whereas every issue can be made a, individual movie (of 1.5hrs:) )
Recommend to only people who like watching experimental movies and appreciate a director for trying something different. Again, remember It may not be a good experience for some, but its very good try.

Oh yeah, and some very nice songs by Roop Kumar Rathode (Maula mere maula etc.)

//I thought abt recommending it with No Smoking, but stopped imagining how many LOls i'm gonna have...but I c u guys like change...:)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Guys I want to recommend a movie; its Aanwar.
It was an utter flop movie so, if u can't remember it still now its not ur fault.

I saw that movie a long ago and I liked it. Its a very good try but from cinematic values its a bad experience.
The director has tried to show a lot of sociological issues in this movie but d mistake he did was to show them in one movie whereas every issue can be made a, individual movie (of 1.5hrs:) )
Recommend to only people who like watching experimental movies and appreciate a director for trying something different. Again, remember It may not be a good experience for some, but its very good try.

Oh yeah, and some very nice songs by Roop Kumar Rathode (Maula mere maula etc.)

//I thought abt recommending it with No Smoking, but stopped imagining how many LOls i'm gonna have...but I c u guys like change...:)

Yeah I really liked every minute of this movie. Truth is bitter for people. Watch Aamir too, it has same feeling.

11:14 quite sleek flick, an accident at 11:14 seen from dirfferent people's perspective, pretty decently knit events and a nice twist in the end as well........ I'd give 6.5/10
Amores Perros...watch it if you have time !

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Yeah I really liked every minute of this movie. Truth is bitter for people. Watch Aamir too, it has same feeling.
Saw Aamir a long ago...its very good. In my opinion its even better than "A Wednesday"
A class acting with strong script. Only they lacked is Marketing and Star power...

Wow!!! I didn't expect such good replies for Aanwar...

The Parallax View-a good thriller with good acting ,echoing the times in which it was made with an ending that is more plausible(all the more predictable by lack of a heroine).

dd_wingrider

In the zone
Sex Drive : Awesome movie, a must watch. If you liked Road Trip then this will also click for you.

Seven Pounds : Well to be honest there is nothing great about this movie, really, it is slow very slow. Will Smith is mediocre in this one, as script is loose to take out 100% from him. A strict one time watch. Don't know why so much fuss about it.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Its Anwar not Aanwar :D Hindi sudhaar le apni Rhitwick :p
Mere to dimag main ab tak DEV D ghoom rahi hai (actually Paro ;))
Aila...galti
But, did u see d movie?

And, if u liked Guru Dutt movies...then there is a news for u.
I found this DVD collection of Guru Dutt in Planet-M. It has six movies.
Pyaasa
Aar-Par
Chaudvi ka chand
Mr. & MRs.55
Sahib, bibi aur gulam
and
Kagaz ke phool

Costed me 294/-

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The Fall - Suddenly I feel our heritage and structures are so beautiful. Its a visually stunning movie by Tarsem Singh.

Nice recommendation from a_medico :)

Well said. I don't remember watching India filmed so beautifully in any of the movies. And the little girl was cute.

Suddenly I am running out of time to watch the movies. Its been quite long since I have watched an extraordinary movie! Few intermittent good entertainers were there though like Oye Lucky and Dev D. But else, nothing worth mentioning here.

Deshdrohi was awesome though. Not quite in Gunda league but has its own charm. The actor is phenomenal. I heard he is a superstar. We need more actors like him and him.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Taken 7/10 . no suspense , not deep(wrt story), just action ...enjoyable but not a 10/10 for me

Body of Lies 8/10

Top Bottom