Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

D

Deleted member 26636

@sekhar_xxx, watch Rosemary's baby

mmm must create atmosphere, I can understand what you mean here, even I am in the same league, right now I am in office so I can only recall few that suffice that "atmosphere" criteria, I will share it with you...........one that I would always recommend is The Descent which really creates the atmosphere well enough and I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, its haunting gripping and very dark in its approach, must watch...... next I think REC comes in to my mind, though its follows the same league of filming through a hand held camera much like cloverfield (which is been criticized by various movie gores) but trust me this one take the chill on to a different level and the best part is the complexity of the script which is left much to the viewers to decipher at the end and you do find it tough to extricate the events one the movie is over

you can try Blair Witch Project as well

Another movie that come to my mind that is a perfect example of atmospharic thriller (not horror in that sense) is The Identity, the entire setup and atmosphere really grows to you through out the movie, and it has a nice twist in the end as well.....

try these (if you already have not seen them) if you like those will recommend more from home as I have my full listing there :D

I'd also recommend Dead Silence, which was pretty spooky, if you plan to watch it without any distraction.

Thank You all

Last edited by a moderator:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Totally agree with sam and alywn on the choices for the atmosphere. Especially, Descent is something which gives you a feeling that you yourself are trapped. Quite disturbing.

My addition to the above list:

28 Days Later - First one in its league maybe. It was a trend setter for many movies. But the movie still leaves you haunted.

Black Water - Croc movie actually. But again, its like you getting a feeling of being trapped in a water with a killer croc on your trail.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
kya re..............No smoking acchi hai kya?
The film is like more brain fcking..what is happening in one moment dont relate to other....But I liked the songs much

Kash laga zindagi k kash laga..hasraton ki pyas bujha
Phoonk de ....saanson se sila hua libas foonk de ;)
Jab bhi cigarette jalti hai...aag pe pao padta hai..kmbakht dhuein main jalta hun
(amzing adnan sami and REAL JAZZZZ..wowww)

Overall Gulzaar sahab k lyrics to masha allah behad khubsurat aur umda hai :D
Three Cheers

Its much more of a offbeat film .........There was a blog on net which described it (like some website described 2001 a space odessey)

Annurag Kashyap = India's Stanley Kubrick :cool:

For all those who didnt understand No Smoking here's some clue
*passionforcinema.com/i-smoked-classic-milds/

Last edited:

ajaybc

Youngling
How is Billu Barber?
I have seen the original Malayalam version.It was good.But it's remake in Tamil sucked big time.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
The Grudge 3 - 6/10

Pretty mediocore film.

Memorable scene :- When Gil McKinney (Max in the film) kills Emi Ikehata (Naoko in the film).

BTW, Johanna E. Braddy (Lisa in the film) looks pretty hot :)

IITian

Broken In
Transporter 3 - 2/10:-x:-x:-x
what's wrong eith these hollywood guys?don't they get bored of making/watching same crappy action movies?

Rahim

Married!
@T159: Saw "A Bittersweet Life" as recommended in your blog. The movie's subject streched the movie just for the heck of it!! Pretty lame one this from you :shock:
Actions were good but the story was very simple. Am i missing some hidden meaning of this movie?
Tera standard girr raha hai!!!

To understand 2001:A Space Oddyssey, do watch 2010:When We Made Contact. "OMG Its full of Stars" :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^
2001:A Space Oddyssey is one of the most realistic movie, and apart from that it has a very deep meaning. Stanely did awesome job !

I will watch 2010 soon.

A Bittersweet Life is itself an art ! Story is like a poetic drama. There are subtle hints given in movie which are not easily picked up by viewer. Just visit their official website and see how much effort was made in each character portrayal. Watch some other day again and you will realize. At first I too took it as a mediocre movie but then it started to grow in subconsciousness.

I hope you may like to read it's interpretation and symbolism on IMDB.

IITian

Broken In
a lot like love - 7/10
the movie was fine.story was somewhat similar to "when harry met sally"
one thing worth noting is its soundtrack..it's awesome.
worth a watch just for its soundtrack.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Underworld : Rise of Lycans : = 8/10. Nice action,cinematography and CG.

Hulk Vs Thor and Hulk Vs. Wolverine (animation) : 7/10. Nice timepass. Both are short movies. 45 min. each.

Victory : 3/10 : I expected a better cricket flick. Harman Baweja should quit acting. 3 points are there for Amrita Rao :p

Billu Barbar : 6/10. Could be better. Not much of a story.

Pirates of Silicon Vally : A must watch for a computer geek. Billu and Steve Job(les)s's story with EXTRA Tadkaa :p. 8/10.

Sex Drive : Huhuhahahaheheloolol omgwtfcrazyyeffinglawl. Nice comedy. 8/10. ;)

Top Bottom