Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ Sounds interesting.

After an in-flight anti-gravity striptease (masked by the film's opening titles), Barbarella, a 41st century astronaut, lands on the planet Lythion and sets out to find the evil Durand Durand in the city of Sogo, where a new sin is invented every hour. There, she encounters such objects as the Exessive Machine, a genuine sex organ on which an accomplished artist of the keyboard, in this case, Durand Durand himself, can drive a victim to death by pleasure, a lesbian queen who, in her dream chamber, can make her fantasies take form, and a group of ladies smoking a giant hookah which, via a poor victim struggling in its glass globe, dispenses Essance of Man. You can't help but be impressed by the special effects crew and the various ways that were found to tear off what few clothes our heroine seemed to possess. Based on the popular French comic strip.

:D

swatkat

Technomancer
Plan 9 From Outer Space ( *www.imdb.com/title/tt0052077/ ) classic movie. It's kind of benchmark for sci-fi movies.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
@Barbarella... Fifteen minutes does not go by without Barbarella trying to remove all her clothes. This is like an old time Red Sonja but with a galactic president who rules with "love" and a few muscular angels thrown in for good measure. Whacky stuff.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@Pathik,
watched "The Illutionist" 7/10 from me too.
Good movie and good acting by all.
A very very small amount of explanations would have make d movie more appealing. A few of the scenes just "He did it bcz he can do it".

I liked the movie, had it with me for quite a long time but forgot abt it, thanks for making me remember.:)

Pathik

Google Bot
Rhitwick, if you liked it and you like magic and stuff,

Don't miss The Prestige

Another Nolan masterpiece. 9/10 minimum

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
HBO aired "Max Knight: Ultra Spy" today, the movie is so bad and sucks so much, worst acting, gfx and story, give it a miss, -1/10 :mad:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Donnie Darko??? Didn't like it too much. The rabbit looked crazy, but apart from that, bad acting by the kid. Watching either Golmal returns or fashion tomorrow. Don't like either but what the hell, we just want to see a movie. Just watched the old Gone in 60 seconds. 6/10. Eleanor is the only star, and the credits say so.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Golmaal Returns (or should I say Golmaal Return to hell). In all honesty I would give it a 4/10. It's downright pathetic, as expected. But post interval when it starts getting a bit comic the fun gets killed with a f*cked up climax. The first Golmaal was totally epic. They have killed all the good characters in them. Missed Paresh Rawal & Sharman Joshi. No one properly translates Tushar's dialogues in this movie unlike the last one. At one point I just felt like punching Kareena Kapoor with a barbwire tied around my fist. She is so bloody irritating. God what a mess.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^I really liked Golmaal.... one of the few Bollywood flicks I loved. My friend said that Returns is nice. I dunno anything, have to watch it. And abt punching Kareena, I stand with you :D. Go ahead and do it.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Watched Assembly, Brotherhood of War and Mind Game

All three are a must watch for enthusiasts, not for casual viewers.

Assembly
has some awesome war scenes, realistic to some extent but far better than SPR. Exceptional performances by every character in the movie.

Brotherhood of War
is too a war based movie, but there are some emo scenes too and then stormtrooper effects too. On reality scale I would rate it less than Assembly but on figurative meaning its far more than just a war.

Mind Game
is a rotoscope wonder, it's anime and that too thought provoking and nicely done. Watch it it's something new and you probably never experienced.

@sam9s
I would have left with some possible proliferation. But watching 2 movies before made it a lot better. Infact those two movies looked a complementary part to Assembly.

Here are those two movies which you may watch:
Paths of Glory - Its quite similar to the do or die situation imposed by some maniac. Some strong controversial material too, the war practices.

A Very Long Engagement - It takes the start from the perspective of a woman who set to find her love, who is said to be killed in war. Quite similar to that Teacher in Assembly. Will she find him or not is answered in the movie. Beautifully crafted intelligent movie

Top Bottom