Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ajayritik

Technomancer
jaane bhi do yaaro
They have stopped making movies like these. Dark humor satire at its best. I don't understand why kundan shah after this film made so may other inferior films.

I think Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa was a decent flick if not great!
One of the real good and natural performance from SRK. Coming from not a fan of SRK.

- - - Updated - - -

Kabhi na kabhi na was ultimate ..... ..... kaya kehna was decent, dil hai tumhara was ok .... but non was crap as such ..... agree jaane bhi do yaaron was on a different level all together, but classics are not made again n again

Agree with Sam completely.
But he had one real big disaster, it starred Sekhar Suman and Sunil Shetty. Apart from these the other movies you mentioned were ok not bad.

- - - Updated - - -

I Saw the Devil (2010)

In Tamil "Thani Oruvan (2015)"...Its Mega Block Buster in Tamil Industry...Now to be Remade in Hindi, Telugu..I don't know who will act this role.,

Again well made theft core content from "I saw the Devil".

If anyone watched above both movies review here...I like to read other reviews:)

I don't think there is anything official talk going on about making this movie in Hindi, even the Telugu remake is still in plans nothing confirmed yet.

You like to read other reviews as well. Something new I heard from you.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Sound of my voice - In the league of Primer and Upstream color but not as complicated as the other two. Probably the first installment in trilogy. Brit Marling has acted in very unique set of movies. Each of them is a delight to watch.

Phantom - Good execution but Saif's choice is too much for playing desi James Bondish character. Very unrealistic and oversimplified execution. Maybe they wanted to cash in on people's emotions - didn't work. Was still better than that Salman movie Tiger or bodyguard something - all of them are similar so i always confuse them.

Next on the list- Mother, Stanford prison experiment, Bahubali (not sure when i'll watch it), The immigrant, Starry eyes, Margarita with a straw.

quan chi

mortal kombat
sherlock Unaired pilot episode.
Neat & clean maybe slightly better than the first episode.Worth a watch.

Last edited:

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
Time Lapse (2014) - A mind-bending Sci-Fi thriller involving time-travel (well, not exactly coz nobody time-traveled). Frankly, I didn't expect it to be good. Funny thing is I only watched this in the first place because the girl who plays Caitlin in The Flash is in it :p but it turned out to be a rather engrossing and unpredictable thriller. And yeah, there's a twist towards the end which I didn't see coming (LOL, had to say this. Love these kind of twisty endings which makes you wonder what the fcuk happened and keeps tinkering with your brain cells while the credits are rolling and maybe even after that). Of course, there were those moments when some of the decisions made by the characters felt stupid and questionable and if you really look for it then you might as well find a few plotholes, but that is expected in these kind of movies, so I don't think it's a big deal. Worth watching for fans of the genre. Next on my watchlist is Predestination.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Witness for the Prosecution 1957
Based on a short story & play by agatha christie. A well made movie. Interesting from start to end like the hitchcock movies. This story might have inspired the Primal fear or the usual suspects type of films.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Time Lapse - Thank you for recommending. A must watch for time travel movies fans, though it is not exactly about it but can fit in that theme. It has its own unique story. Not spoiling anything and will stop here.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Time Lapse (2014) - A mind-bending Sci-Fi thriller involving time-travel (well, not exactly coz nobody time-traveled). Frankly, I didn't expect it to be good. Funny thing is I only watched this in the first place because the girl who plays Caitlin in The Flash is in it but it turned out to be a rather engrossing and unpredictable thriller. And yeah, there's a twist towards the end which I didn't see coming (LOL, had to say this. Love these kind of twisty endings which makes you wonder what the fcuk happened and keeps tinkering with your brain cells while the credits are rolling and maybe even after that). Of course, there were those moments when some of the decisions made by the characters felt stupid and questionable and if you really look for it then you might as well find a few plotholes, but that is expected in these kind of movies, so I don't think it's a big deal. Worth watching for fans of the genre. Next on my watchlist is Predestination.

You will love Predestination. Also try 'Triangle', 'Spider forest' and 'Deshdrohi', if haven't watched already.

icebags

Technomancer
any kolkatan going for kolkata filim festival, starting 15th nov, this sunday ? they r showing some interesting and rare titles, alongside regular boring ones. :)

full movie list for this time:

Centenary Tribute
------------------
Zorba the Greek
Anastasia
The Burmese Harp
Citizen Kane
Chandidas

Great Master : Jean Renoir
--------------------------
The Grand Illusion
The Rules of The Game