Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Honestly, not for a single moment I felt I am watching a super hero movie. The effects are good but somehow I didn't like the movie.

Me. last week. It's superhero flick with a comedy.
I watched it too. I haven't watched a worse movie in a while. The way the scenes were actually put in the movie, just to show specific scenes or effects, it just felt like a bad bollywood Movie.

ashs1

Padawan
Forrest Gump : 8.5/10 one of those movies which makes you feel good..inspires you..
Tom Hank's performance is fantastic ..his portrayal of a simple minded goof is very convincing.

The green mile - 7.5/10

Outline of plot is Somewhat similar to Shawshank redemption...describes the relation of jail warden and inmates..the plot describes what happens when an innocent gets punished .. Tom hanks once again excels in the performance department..

One small niggle I found was that the guy who played John Coffey was always shown sweating, while none of the characters were sweating this profusely..)

quan chi

mortal kombat
Seven samurai
No wonder a good film. Keeps you hooked till the end even though its almost 3 hours long. Btw I dont know much about japanese culture maybe thats why some parts seemed funny to me even though it was meant to be serious.
Anyways whats bad about some of the bollywood/indian filmmakers is that they borrow the idea but don't give the credit to the source. Sholay copied a lot from this film.

- - - Updated - - -

28 days later
Another good movie with a zombie theme.

Last edited:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
28 days later was probably the first one - then followed the epidemic of zombie movies. I remember watching it in 2004 and was truly blown away by it.

Jackie & Ryan - Good, simple, realistic indie movie.

quan chi

mortal kombat
28 days later was probably the first one - then followed the epidemic of zombie movies. I remember watching it in 2004 and was truly blown away by it.
Yes i can understand that. It is indeed a good movie. Maybe this film inspired the films like "I am legend". Btw that full frontal & back male nudity was not necessary.
28 weeks later too

That Don is a double chu**a. Movies like these are made due to these double standard chu***s. First he leaves his wife in the hands of zombies to die. Then when she is found without knowing or investigating anything medically about her he just waltz into her cabin just because this chu*** thinks he runs the show since he has access to all the areas. Even after that his ch***giri doesn't stop he right away becomes in contact with her to show his questionable affection. This ch***s children are smarter than him. Fcking idiot.:-x

BTW there are some loopholes in this movie & it is not good as compared to the original.

Last edited:

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
12 years a slave - 7/10 . Just another slave movie.

Eden Lake - 7/10 . Wrong-turn without meat eaters.

The Chaser - 8/10 . Good.

I saw the Devil - 9/10 . Better.

A Tale of Two Sisters - 10/10 . Great.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Ant Man
Honestly if it isn't for that slightly underwhelming ending & some hard to accept situations then this movie really would have been the best marvel movie of the the year. It has been properly rated at IMDB.
Overall I found it better than avengers 2 & guardians of the galaxy.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Ant Man
Honestly if it isn't for that slightly underwhelming ending & some hard to accept situations then this movie really would have been the best marvel movie of the the year. It has been properly rated at IMDB.
Overall I found it better than avengers 2 & guardians of the galaxy.
Really?? I found it really really bad.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Just a random thought after watching schindler's list watch inglorious basterds. You will both enjoy & understand the movie more then.

The magnificent seven
Bad compared to the original. Can watch for one time though.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
The Apartment 3.5/5
Lovely film. I would watch it again and again. I haven't seen the two leads young before. They are wonderful, esp. Shirley Maclaine. She's lovely. Watch it guys if you like romantic films.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Avengers: Age of Ultron - 6/10 . High expectations. Huge disappointment.

Ant-Man - 8/10 . I knew nothing about ant man before this movie. Was suspecting a spoof. Surprisingly good.

Divergent - 7/10 . Civil war in Hogwarts.

Insurgent - 6/10 . War continues.

Paayum Puli - 8/10 . Expected mindless action scenes. But this one got a good story.

Vedalam - 6/10 . Same old beer. +1 for Ajith's smile.

Rajamma @ Yahoo - 7/10 . Good humour . Same old love child story.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Avengers: Age of Ultron - 6/10 . High expectations. Huge disappointment.

Ant-Man - 8/10 . I knew nothing about ant man before this movie. Was suspecting a spoof. Surprisingly good.

Divergent - 7/10 . Civil war in Hogwarts.

Insurgent - 6/10 . War continues.

Paayum Puli - 8/10 . Expected mindless action scenes. But this one got a good story.

Vedalam - 6/10 . Same old beer. +1 for Ajith's smile.

Rajamma @ Yahoo - 7/10 . Good humour . Same old love child story.

Hey Allu, how is this new movie starring Vikram? I don't remember the name.

Top Bottom