Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

quan chi

mortal kombat
trying to present the Sherlock Holmes in modern age, while still retaining his roots that is books, and previous works decades ago.
I have no problem with that & I understand that otherwise I would have stated many other things too.
That over the top meaningless non humour drama between homes & watson towards the end of season 3 ep1 is what I am referring too.

^ why are you guys talking about tv show in movies thread, mod involved :p
*www.digit.in/forum/chit-chat/84916...ead-v1-ratings-opinions-2417.html#post2264631

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^ why are you guys talking about tv show in movies thread, mod involved :p

Its because, modern Sherlock Holmes isn't actually a series, rather each season consisting of 3 movies each.

I have no problem with that & I understand that otherwise I would have stated many other things too.
That over the top meaningless non humour drama between homes & watson towards the end of season 3 ep1 is what I am referring too.

Whadaya talking about? I LOVE the chemistry between Sherlock and Watson! :D

quan chi

mortal kombat
Season 3 episode 2 was just okay. Actually it dealt with two things a mystery (to keep the audience interested) as well as the other lonely side of holmes. This matter was handled carefully and properly in the film Mr Holmes which I had already mentioned earlier in this thread. You should watch that film if you somewhat liked this episode.

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^Did you really liked that climax? Okay guys all those who have seen season 3 episode 3 and also read the original stories kindly let me know is it me or the climax was really not proper?

Only season 1 was the best from the lot.

Anyways I think I will try now The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. As suggested by some people in this forum.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
2011 Thing is nothing compared to the original, even with decent plot at their disposal, of being a prequel to the original and latest CGI, it falls absolutely flat. Tries to be horror but with cheap jump scares and gross out moments it is boring at the best. Original The Thing is and will remain a master piece.

2011 version is prequel to the original version.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
^^Did you really liked that climax? Okay guys all those who have seen season 3 episode 3 and also read the original stories kindly let me know is it me or you guys too liked the climax.

Only season 1 was the best from the lot.

Anyways I think I will try now The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. As suggested by some people in this forum.

dont watch Elementary, even if someone recommends you to.. its a sherlock adaptation and cringy as ****

Dr. Joan Watson :mad::yuck::yuck:

quan chi

mortal kombat
Btw I admit overall sherlock as a TV move was good and entertaining. I liked the first season. However certain episodes from the later seasons were really a let down.

dont watch Elementary, even if someone recommends you to.. its a sherlock adaptation and cringy as ****

Dr. Joan Watson :mad::yuck::yuck:
Lol.:lol:

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Did you guys watche the trailer for the Sherlock Special, its gonna be aired on Jan 2016. And its set on Victorian age, how it should be..

quan chi

mortal kombat
Did you guys watche the trailer for the Sherlock Special, its gonna be aired on Jan 2016. And its set on Victorian age, how it should be..

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hjPxUfV32Q

Yes it looks promising & well shot.I think this series may be the reason why we still don't have sherlock holmes 3 yet.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Thank you [MENTION=118788]Geek-With-Lens[/MENTION] & [MENTION=870]rhitwick[/MENTION] for suggesting the adventures of sherlock holmes series. I am not sure if I am allowed to put it in here but in this series also each episode tells a single story completely.

I only saw Season 1, Episode 1 till now "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" A Scandal in Bohemia (TV Episode 1984) - IMDb

Here are my initial impressions.
Great production value. Good acting by Jeremy Brett & David Burke. Closely sticks to the book. However there are little problems the direction is good but could have been slightly better.

Anyways even the bbc sherlock (considering the acting & cast only) was also good.

Top Bottom