Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Niilesh

Padawan
Birdman- Highly recommended for movie buffs who look for more than just entertainment. It's not an easy movie. Watch it only if you can bear Nightcrawler and anything that's a notch up in the same league except with even lesser mainstream entertainment formula.
I watched birdman but i didn't understand the ending

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Which ever way you look at it, its not a time travel movie. Events repeat but not coz any one is traveling back in time ......

Put your point here rather than the statement. It's already past two pages.

Watched I Origins - 7.8/10 - Beautiful movie. Concept is not new but the scientific approach to it and the rather not so melodramatic reveal is perfect. Open ended climax. Watch until the end of credits
[MENTION=870]rhitwick[/MENTION]
Thanks for the recommendations few months back. I couldn't get around to watch this earlier. Glad to have seen it now.

Movie is shot on red. I like the idea of photographing eyes. Need to get macro lens.

- - - Updated - - -

Donnie Darko involves parallel universes (Multiverse) concept, where timelines collide.

It's a never ending loop until Donnie decides to break out of it. And he did retain some of his memory from the previous iterations.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
N.H 10 6.8/10

Concept matches with "Eden Lake" or such torture movies but the similarity ends there.

Starts well, tention builds up gradually and the shock value...well could have been brutal.
Then, it drags which gives the audience to settle down, ease the shock. This really bad for such movies.

Anyway, the revenge part is good and could just be holding a powerful scene in recent cinema.

Penguins of Madagascar 6/10

Ummm...average. All such spin-offs are looking same now.

Pipra Bidya (Ant Story) It's a bangladeshi movie 6/10

Nice, quirky subject. THe poster drew me towards it and it was well invested 1 and half hour. Well, not all was good, the climax was confused.
Too much time taken to reach the point.

*www.thedailystar.net/sites/default/files/upload-2014/gallery/image/arts/pipra-bidya_2.jpg

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Nightcrawler 8/10
Really loved this movie. Jake Gyllenhaal gives an excellent performance.
The Imitation Game 8/10
Another great performance by Benedict Cumberbatch.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Love, Rosie 7/10

I know how this movie was made.

So these guys sat down and discussed that we have had enough of superhero movies, enough of thrillers, enough of horror movie but not a single good love story for years now.
And, thus this movie was made.

Its mushy, its soft, its typical formula but I liked it.

Check it out.

//Offtopic,
One thriller
One animation
One psychopathic
One rom-com

A day well spent I guess :)

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
American Sniper - 6.8/10 - It's not predictable. A neutral to slightly biased look at life of a sniper and the effect of war on him.

MI Ghost Protocol - 5.2/10 - Why did I even watch this ? Only consolation is that it's executed better than Baby. Or Baby got the inspiration from this movie and various others. .2 for decent effects.

Top Bottom