Move Over iPhone ... Theres a new tech wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Heres Innovation - The 1 Lac Car .... The TATA Nano

Its here its true a dealer price of 1 Lac for the basic model ....

624CC engine
externally 8% smaller than the Maruti 800
internally bigger than the 800
mileage of about 20
meets all safety norms
adheres to Bharat III and Euro IV stds

*static.ibnlive.com/pix/sitepix/01_2008/nano_look_248.jpg

the bet part: the car doesnt look crap its cute looking and nicely done ... all the auto analysts love it and so do i .... kudos to indian engg that has withstood the stupidity of Indian education

Some images courtesy ibnlive.com:

*www.ibnlive.com/pix/slideshow/01-2008/tata-unveils-rs/3_420.jpg
*www.ibnlive.com/pix/slideshow/01-2008/tata-unveils-rs/4_420.jpg

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Sweet News.
And yeah, it doesnt look like crap :p
Btw, is it all plastic/fibre?

P.S: I was writing the same thing and about to post.

Regards,
ray

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Lolz....what a thread title....

now my reaction...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa WHAT A CAR *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/43.gif

My dad said "We will buy this car, as this will easily fit in your bike's garage" *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/10.gif

Design wise, this car is a marvel. Perfectly suited for indian cities where parking is a problem. I mean just look at the UI, it looks so cool *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/4.gif. If I talk about lucknow then other then few roads on the outskirts u cannot drive at more then 30 KP/H in Lucknow roads due to traffic & small roads/allies. This car is perfectly suited...

Now, what I need in this car or what I would like to buy after market...

1) A Sony Ericsson phone dock which I can connect to he car speakers & play music. If it has an inbuilt Media device then I wish it has a USB port.

2) I hope the seats can lean backward like a bed....you know, this will help in "installing vista" *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/9.gif

3) Black colour glasses...a must in summer days

4) Not exectly a car guy but still.....donno what else I can ask for.

Last edited:

shashank_re

In the zone
Beautiful car!They are expected to manufacture 2.5 lac cars per year!
BTW iam leaving blore now *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/10.gif

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
So, what part of this car has something to do with iPhone?
no flames for the iphone ... the iphone is considered as the epitome of innovation etc ... but this is a true marvel worthy of more accolades than the iPhone, purely in terms of technological innovation ;) and if u read my thread title twice that is what it says and implies

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
the car IS good, good work by designers (dunno who they are , maybe I.D.E.A again:p).

when cars like Indica , Sumo suffer from Quality & technical issues, just hope this car doesnt:p

look at that A-Pillar, ROFL, i guess the chassis is made from tubular frames:D

(in 3rd pic)

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Happy to see it. But virtually it going to spam the traffic...nearly all middle class family can afford and auto's will become obsolete... But place like mumbai will seriously be affected by this.traffic is going to spike..thanks tata

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Happy to see it. But virtually it going to spam the traffic...nearly all middle class family can afford and auto's will become obsolete... But place like mumbai will seriously be affected by this.traffic is going to spike..thanks tata
:lol: ur the first guy who wants costly stuff .... the whole mankind wants things to be made cheaper u say they should remain costly :lol:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Oh please i never wanted costly stuff..i am just saying the consequence.just think even with todays car prices,people are buying and nearly all major cities are going into a state of STILL TRAFFIC
With this new tata's product, imagine...
I dont løvé costly stuff unless they are worth...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
i know...but if security is a concern then only...

the exterior should be metal & interior can be made out of replaceable plastic. It's good actually, metal takes more time to repair while plasitc can be changed easily

Pathik

Google Bot
yea it ll. But as carbon fiber is lighter and more durable than steel, the mileage ll increase and operating costs ll decrease.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
The car is also rear engined which is also a first for an indian car. The only thing I don't like about the car is the front end. The rest of the design is cute and attractive while the front is bland and lacks creativity. The headlights look huge and a small slit like grille would've looked great on the car.

I also agree with naveen. After this car hits Mumbai streets, we'll have flyovers for flyovers. Everyone and their dog will buy this car. The already horrible traffic will get even worse.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
I also agree with naveen. After this car hits Mumbai streets, we'll have flyovers for flyovers. Everyone and their dog will buy this car. The already horrible traffic will get even worse.

Roflz.Funniest thing i heard all day*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/24.gif

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
look at the bright u will be able to maneuver this car like the bloody rickshaw drivers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom