Move Over iPhone ... Theres a new tech wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
nice cute car!very good for city commuting;even better good as a kids car!.but...a death ticket if it is taken to any national highways like bombay-pune one! ;) the travellers will be etched inside a plastic cr@p :rolleyes:

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
Ratan's vision and stubborness paid off :D

thats it I'm moving out of chennai to the outskirts... in the present traffic itself my legs are paining like hell cos of holding the clutch for eternity :| now walking will be a speedy mode of transport in all the Indian metros.

as I already have a tata car, I have many apprehensions regarding quality, maintanence and service. hope they expand their service centres accordingly or else it will be a BIG headache :(

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Did anyone see the cartoon on Open-Ed page in The Hindu?

A kid and his father are shopping near the Auto Expo.
"If you want toy cheaper than this, then you need to go there!!"

thelordrrulzzz

The Burning Curse
Hats Off to Mr. Ratan Tata he's truly a man of vision*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/77.gif and he has proved it to all yet once again by this product from his Pune stable. I would like to add more about the car.
It would be available in three variants :- One basic(with dealer price of 1 Lac) and then 2 Deluxe models of which nothing more has been announced.

hailgautam

Youngling
Heres Innovation - The 1 Lac Car .... The TATA Nano

the bet part: the car doesnt look crap its cute looking and nicely done ... all the auto analysts love it and so do i .... kudos to indian engg that has withstood the stupidity of Indian education
Very funny but true...:)):)):))

Did anyone see the cartoon on Open-Ed page in The Hindu?

A kid and his father are shopping near the Auto Expo.
"If you want toy cheaper than this, then you need to go there!!"
I saw that the other day. Finally somethings are way affordable now.

I drive a M800 of my dad which is 10-12 yrs old and i had to spend 20K for making it roadworthy...now i guess i can dispose off the that old dabba, when the nano comes and hopefully by that time i would have recovered the investment...

i would have liked it if it came in a coupe model as well; coz i am the only one driving the car and don't need space for 4....

when indica was released it had 68 problems.. i hope nano fares better, and much more reliable....

tata puts the date of availabily sometime around oct-08 but unless the singur fiasco is resloved soon that seems to be difficult. plus i hope that the metal prices and all that will not increase in the meantime, else they will sell exactly 101 cars for the sake of promise n then increase the prices. now itself the on-road price would be nearly 1.2 to 1.3 for the basic model.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
awesome car 4 common man ........ i am willing 2 ditch my bike & buy this 1 ......

hope NANO waves a real TATA [bye bye] 2 all foreign cars ......

SWADESHI car rocks ! ! !

THANX 2 MR. R Tata .......
Man do you even have an idea how much carbon fibre(the one used in F1 cars) cost ?

Even the carbon-fibre steering wheel of an F1 car costs ~20 Lakh .

Whole cost of Carbon Fibre frame for F1 car is ~crores. And besides that the manufacturing of a perfect carbon fibre frame is very difficult and has a very high default(error) rate .

Edburg

In the zone
but guys would nt it be better to buy a second hand car(like alto) instead of this...:confused:

i meant better service centers,quality(than tata),relatively safer and more powerful while retaining the same efficient and cost effective driving.....:cool:

624cc two-cylinder SOHC engine,produces 33hp at 5500rpm...top speed 69 mph and 0-43 in 14 seconds....now add the already slower car an AC and you are all set to introduce good looking compact bullock carts on the road...:D

and people remember the one showed everywhere is the delux version....w/o body coloured bumpers,fog lamps,alloy wheels,non-fabric seat,etc..the basic model is not that good looking as we see everywhere...:(

*images.dailytech.com/nimage/6941_large_standard.jpg
*images.dailytech.com/nimage/6943_large_interior.jpg

also on-road price is 1.37 lakhs...and also the tag of driving the cheapest car in the world...

and i think that the second hand market for this car wud be like 40k :rolleyes: where many others will buy it even more....leading to overflooding of this car on our roads...

I wud like to make it clear that i do agree that it is indeed a great achievement from tata but as i am car enthusiast i dont feel something is right....:confused:

prasad_den

Padawan
^^ Personally, I'd be better off with a new nano than an old alto..! What you have said reg service centres is correct, but otherwise I feel a top speed of 69mph is more than enough for city traffic. You can hardly go more than 40kmph in peak city traffic.. :D But yeah, NANO is a strict NONO for long travels.. :D

praka123

left this forum longback
tata did the right thing!i dont want to see irresponsible husband riding the bike with wife and 2 kids and then crashing!thx to tata for atleast this!auto enthusiasts should pack and go to italy!:rolleyes: this is India!here leave owning a car- touching a car is considered an achievement by kids in rural areas :rolleyes:

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
on what basis are u saying that alto has better quality than tata :?

and a second hand car is always a second hand car, service centers - after the success of the ace tata too has improved on no. of service centers in deeper pockets of india ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom