Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrishi

^does that means that with tweaks you can replace the existing internal memory with something higher if available ?

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
The sd card slot is internal. The internal memory is an actual sd card.
This is what made in the US looks like

As per the source [AreaMobile], and Moto has confirmed, it is indeed 8GB/16 GB SD Cards, but that cannot be replaced with another card. But we know XDA devs won't take No for an answer :D

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Any idea which class sd cards are these?

Anybody's guess. I guessed class 10. But I looked up eMMC and I may be wrong. More on eMMC: What is eMMC | Datalight & eMMC Overview | Samsung Semiconductor Global Website. In the latter reference, Samsung lists the eMMC chips at class700 and class2000, whatever those mean, I can't guess.

Superayush

Tech lover
Well what is it's expected price when it launches in India? If it's below 15k it's great....otherwise more midrange options maybe available to beat it(grand 2)

ankush28

Bazinga
Well what is it's expected price when it launches in India? If it's below 15k it's great....otherwise more midrange options maybe available to beat it(grand 2)

:rofl: Grand 2 is crap and far away from Moto G.
Moto G is faster theb S4 in usual basic tasks....

*i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/articles/100315-thumb/Screenshot-22.png

whatever moto G 8GB will be priced under 15k for sure.

Hrishi

The only reason for Moto G to s**k will be if they don't price it accordingly. Because a majority of customers want a smartphone , but don't really need it. So they'll eventually look at the pricing and if that's higher than the likes of MMX and others , they'll end up in the sh!tpile of rebranded devices.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Only good phone that i can think of at 15k range besides Moto G is Xperia L and that wont even get beyond kitkat (4.4) update.

Grand 2 is a #fail phone.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
The only reason for Moto G to s**k will be if they don't price it accordingly. Because a majority of customers want a smartphone , but don't really need it. So they'll eventually look at the pricing and if that's higher than the likes of MMX and others , they'll end up in the sh!tpile of rebranded devices.

+1, for this.
Rishi you have synchronised my thoughts.

rickenjus

In the zone
just look at these battery results.... !!!!!
Post your battery - xda-developers
btw Im more worried abt aftr sales service ???

ankush28

Bazinga
^does that means that with tweaks you can replace the existing internal memory with something higher if available ?

Motorola has confirmed the use of an eMMC memory card in the Moto G. A change of memory card would not help, because the operating system can not simply be transferred from the original memory card to a larger, new card. For this you need special hardware that the manufacturers flash their systems to the required memory, explained MrSchnieth, technicians from the repair service Smartphone clinic in Berlin.

Whatever I'll use my corsair GT for extra storage(as it supports OTG :p :-$ )

Hrishi

Motorola has confirmed the use of an eMMC memory card in the Moto G. A change of memory card would not help, because the operating system can not simply be transferred from the original memory card to a larger, new card. For this you need special hardware that the manufacturers flash their systems to the required memory, explained MrSchnieth, technicians from the repair service Smartphone clinic in Berlin.

Whatever I'll use my corsair GT for extra storage(as it supports OTG :p :-$ )
Sprinkling salt on Nexus 4 users.... :p

rish1

Cyborg Agent
+1 for this.
Yes I am in.

I don't think so,especially in Tier1/A1/Metro Cities.
MMX will have a solid punch from Google-Motorola if they don't improve and keep up with their standards...:wink:

i am also a hater for mmx,lava etc

i also like moto g very much but don't worry mmx and lava , karbonn aren't going anywhere infact moto g is going to take a big beating from these chinese players ...

snapdragon is always 1 step behind mediatek when it comes to mid range

by the time moto g launches in january chinese phones will have launch phones with these specs for around 18-19k

1.7 ghz x 8 core cortex a7 ( mediatek 6592 )
mali 450 mp 4 gpu at 700 mhz ( 70 % faster than Adreno 305 )
2 gb ram
5-6 inches
1080p
14 mp cam

antutu - 27000

and there will be cheaper quad core for 12-13k

1.7 ghz quad core cortex a7 ( mediatek 6582)
mali 450 mp4 at 600 mhz (40-50 % faster than adreno 305 )
2 gb RAm
5 inch
720p or 1080p
8mp cams

antutu- 21000

so you see even though moto g is a good device in mnc but it will hardly challenge chinese players.. it will be much sweeter if sony can come up with another mediatek soc 6588 or 6592 like xperia c

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom