Moto G discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
no law has been broken here..
first they are on different android versions 4.3 vs 4.2 .. android 4.3 brought in huge increase in benchmark scores in all devices compared to android 4.2 .. after 4.3 antutu score for nexus 4 was 21k

second nexus 4 had serious issues with thermal throttling often limiting cpu and gpu in high performance tasks

third every manufacturer out their sammy,sony,lg,moto optimizes their software by using tricks and tweaks for benchmarks to get artificial higher scores to beat the competition but as you know nexus 4 does not need to use these tricks to sell , so it doesn't that's why you will not see high benchmarks .. to prove the point

check benchmarks of xperia zr or zl .. they both have the same amount of ram and the same chipset as nexus 4 and see in some benchmarks how big the difference is ..

Linpack - Nexus 4 - 237 , xperia zr - 627
qadrant - nexus 4 - 4567 xperia zr - 8073
benchmark pi ( lower is better ) - Nexus 4 - 431 Xperia r - 264

Sony Xperia ZR review: Ready to dare - GSMArena.com

cortex A7 doesn't even come close to krait cores but sure they beat the cortex A9 cores

Sammy tricks like this, Aa soon as any benchmark app intiated, it triggers a code that set all cores on 100% & GPU to full MHZ.. thus high benchmarks.

Superayush

Tech lover
Btw another score for moto g :)
Moto G Drop Test - YouTube

Plus the gsmarena and mkbhd review and infact all reviews from most reputed reviewers (except cnet) has been greatly positive about this phone :) especially mentioning what u get from the price u pay.
I wanted to ask one thing ,I have heard 64bit midrange phones to come in 2H 2014
Qualcomm announces 64-bit, entry-level Snapdragon 410 - GSMArena.com news
So does that mean 32bit phones would become inferior and be on path to obsoletion and discontinuity in terms of support in the long run ?
Thanks

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Btw another score for moto g :)
Moto G Drop Test - YouTube

Plus the gsmarena and mkbhd review and infact all reviews from most reputed reviewers (except cnet) has been greatly positive about this phone :) especially mentioning what u get from the price u pay.
I wanted to ask one thing ,I have heard 64bit midrange phones to come in 2H 2014
Qualcomm announces 64-bit, entry-level Snapdragon 410 - GSMArena.com news
So does that mean 32bit phones would become inferior and be on path to obsoletion and discontinuity in terms of support in the long run ?
Thanks

hi Replied you here , continue 64 bit discussion in that thread

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/technolog...aims-low-end-market-new-snapdragon-410-a.html

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity
1) You cant carry a stand by battery but Now portable power banks are available.
2) If something goes wrong with battery then Repair is difficult
:mrgreen::mrgreen:

ankush28

Bazinga
Isn't it that if the phone hanged pull out the battery and reinsert it...:-D

No bro :)
Press and hold the Power button for 10 - 20 seconds, the phone will restart and go through the boot-up sequence.
Dont know key combination for moto G to Emulate battery removal :D

ankush28

Bazinga
Re: Motorola Moto G is official with a 4.5" 720p display

battery is removable but not user accessable with few diy stuffs you can change it :D

1) You cant carry a stand by battery but Now portable power banks are available.

battery life is above average (54H GSM battery bench is surely kickass)

Guys any opinion about meenova?
I've just ordered one :D

*www.shopyourworld.com/Products/Motorola-Moto-G---8GB-Global-GSM-S/1268711 ~15k official import from US.
Can we expect 14k for Single chip 8GB version?

Last edited:
OP
ZTR

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
4.4.2 update rolling out for Moto G :D
*www.gsmarena.com/android_44_now_rolling_out_to_moto_g-news-7399.php

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Motorola's affordable Moto G to be sold in India by January, approximate price Rs 11,300 - Financial Express

We can expect with custom charges this phone will cost around 12-13k :-D

Moto G will be my First Smartphone :wink:

ankush28

Bazinga
Motorola's affordable Moto G to be sold in India by January, approximate price Rs 11,300 - Financial Express

more than 14k IMO
My second smartphone:D:p;)

Tarun Singh

Banned

Mine too :D

lywyre

Cyborg Agent

more than 14k IMO
My second smartphone:D:p;)

I am tempted. But I will not abandon my Defy+, less only by specs and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom