Moto E discussion thread

bestpain

good advicer
Got my moto E today :) . Very satisfied with the purchase. Looks and performance of the phone are awesome.

But there is one thing i noticed about the internal memory, it shows only 2gb, but flipkart has written 4gb, so i am confused with this.

Overall i am very satisfied, good thing i didnt buy lg or samsung in this price range :)

congo buddy.....wat else did u get inside box,was the box sealed,did u get bill?

Reloaded

In the zone
congo buddy.....wat else did u get inside box,was the box sealed,did u get bill?

Thanks. :)

Inside the box there was instruction manual, ear phone and charger. Box was sealed, i had to open it with a blade.
About the bill , this is what was written in flipkart's confirmation email :

As a part of go-green initiative we will not be sending the invoice to you with the shipment. You will receive a soft copy of the invoice as a part of the delivery confirmation email within 24 hours of the delivery completion.

This is the reason why they are not providing the bill, i am ok with that, you can print it out once they send the invoice through email.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Got my moto E today :) . Very satisfied with the purchase. Looks and performance of the phone are awesome.

Pic:
*i.imgur.com/m5TXX3v.jpg

But there is one thing i noticed about the internal memory, it shows only 2gb, but flipkart has written 4gb, so i am confused with this.

Overall i am very satisfied, good thing i didnt buy lg or samsung in this price range :)
Yes,Some amount of the memory goes to OS.
Out of 4 gig some goes to internal phone memory(for your OS) and some for internal SD-Apps etc

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Thanks. :)

Inside the box there was instruction manual, ear phone and charger. Box was sealed, i had to open it with a blade.
About the bill , this is what was written in flipkart's confirmation email :

As a part of go-green initiative we will not be sending the invoice to you with the shipment. You will receive a soft copy of the invoice as a part of the delivery confirmation email within 24 hours of the delivery completion.

This is the reason why they are not providing the bill, i am ok with that, you can print it out once they send the invoice through email.

Just wait for a couple of days, you will get the sd card mount remount scipt.. After that you can set your internal memory for as much as you want..

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

the OS and pre installed apps take some 1.5 GB of that 4 GB storage

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Someone view this Gaming Review video and tell us do they see any lag/frame drops in any of the games especially in Asphalt 8 ?

can't watch myself as i m on pathetic 2g

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=j60XU-c1OV4

Last edited:

moniker

Broken In
To root Moto G, you have to get unlock code for the bootloader. This code is given by Motorola from their website.
Requesting a bootloader unlock code will automatically void your warranty by adding your device in their database.
Unrooting won't bring back warranty. That's the problem with Moto G and I fear Moto e will have the same problem.

That's so unfortunate. Warranty covers both hardware and software. Rooting and tinkering around with the software isn't going to make you get a cracked screen, loose jacks, faulty charger etc.

I can understand manufacturers not providing warranty for bricked phones due to playing around with stuff like overclocking etc, but why void the warranty completely? Whether the customer's problem is a result of software related abuse or not should be left to the service centre guys to decide.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Someone view this Gaming Review video and tell us do they see any lag/frame drops in any of the games especially in Asphalt 8 ?

9/10

Even asphalt 8 was flawless.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Some pictures of Moto E, taken from Moto G:

*i.minus.com/i6HItgVzTU6aS.jpg

*i.minus.com/iKn8s7w4fji3J.jpg

*i.minus.com/ibw7A2Z0MeivzM.jpg

And some more images and Benchmarks: *vyomk.minus.com/mbj6fsB3o1G1EH

Reloaded

In the zone

Performance of all the games looks flawless in the video , no lag at all.
i will test those games see the truth :wink:.

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
9/10

Even asphalt 8 was flawless.

Performance of all the games looks flawless in the video , no lag at all.
i will test those games see the truth :wink:.

Awesome ! that is what i expected from the beginning.. and i can very easily tell that it will play mc4,gta SA, nfs MW and any other high end game flawlessly.. except maybe Portal and half life 2..

this proves that

igyann doesn't know how to do a gaming review of a phone :p

so gaming performance is exactly same as Moto G ( after taking into account 50 mhz lower speed and less resolution )

Gfx bench also proves this as both have exactly similar onscreen gaming performance - 10.9 fps

jp7153

Broken In
how is the music effect in the handsfree(similar to samsung,sony?) and can we change,pause tracks with the handsfree?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys tell me a source for a trusted review on this.
Considering to buy this for my mom.
I'm more concerned on the below bold parts than its performance.
Packaging to be clear.
received at 4PM... first my disappointments : Filpkart didn't supplied any purchase receipt in the box. also no warranty card by Motorola. and what more, no USB cable(charger is not usb type). time was set to 1970 so when I opened Google photos app, a message came that Google+ has crashed. could not find GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou as mentioned on flipkart in it.

my first impressions.. it feels a little bit heavy... curved body good for holding but back panal is not rigged.
Camera quality OK. Display is good and vibrant. Viewing angles are good. Sound quality is Loud and clear but the Location of Loudspeaker is at mouthpiece(behind silver line visible at the bottom which seems physical button) lol.....

User available internal memory of only 2.21 GB, out of which 2.104 GB is available straight out from the box.
just to clear It do have Wifi Hotspot, Bluetooth Tethering.
bare Kitkat looks smooth and fast. has no file browser. so I was not able to install apps from my sd card directly.
its able to play 1080p video! games has no lag so far.
has inbuilt battery.

Acc to CPU-Z:
Andreno 305
screen Res. 540x888
screen density 240 dpi

Antutu - 10022

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yep. It's true.

Charger IS not USB. So you might have to buy a USB to MicroUSB cable later. This is the same charger that ships with Moto G.
Display IS 540 x 888. DPI IS 240 ppi.

But, AnTuTu gave me 12343. Screeny: *i.minus.com/ibdEX4nGRtHJ5v.png and *i.minus.com/ibetKCbibDKIk.png

Top Bottom