Mobile / Point and shoot camera photography.

lm2k

Journeyman
@CyberKID hav printed some of my clicks but not to frame them instead to know how they luk on paper coz my defn of 'best' changes with the knowledge n time so those i called nice a year back now show me some serious compositional mistakes . But i use the works of others that inspire me as pc wallpapers most of them are works of Henri Cartier-Bresson
@vyom many hdri's luk unnatural becuz kamera sensors r not similar 2 retina they percieve lite in a different maner further when taking image @+2ev takes iso 2 '640' n image when made hdr it luks like water colour painting:p.

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
With knowledge, everyone's POV changes. Once you gain knowledge, you tend to see things from a different POV and thus, things, you considered good once, might not seem that good to you now.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
:butterfly:
it's here flying on the butter :doublethumb:

:)

my defn of 'best' changes with the knowledge n time so those i called nice a year back now show me some serious compositional mistakes.

Same here... But not composition mistakes (coz still I don't know about composition), just it was looking good then but not now.... (not all but some....)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
My trusty old Nokia N73 seems to have a lot of life left in it still :D

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8287/7662180614_300c6541d5_k.jpg

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8159/7662179444_318245d947_k.jpg

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
A few from my side.
*i.imgur.com/FQwfBl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/8YKuFl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/domcPl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/BgYbrl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/UPbXol.jpg
*i.imgur.com/xJ2D8l.jpg
*i.imgur.com/0tRiwl.jpg

Got seasons first blooms of my Mexican Tuberose commonly known as Rajnigandha
*i.imgur.com/keuBzl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/Gkwy7l.jpg
*i.imgur.com/2jNMBl.jpg
*i.imgur.com/YHxWFl.jpg

lm2k

Journeyman
@Anorion thnx
@thetechfreak first one is nice
@CyberKID the third one ,that pink flower(chineese rose?) is nice ,n the second last one very nice . Rajnigandha is a nite blooming flower any comment abt its fragrance?

some snaps of Hylocereus undatus(local people often call it as Brahma Kamal) same, it is nite blooming n has very nice fragrance ,we can smell it around 10ft
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8166/7670186126_d4b3c6cd3a_b_d.jpg
se elm twilite portrait cloudy wb flash used

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7107/7670190366_f2c5e612b2_c_d.jpg
se elm twilite portrait cloudy wb flash used

and also

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2878/8901356541_54020081a7_z.jpg
se elm twilite portrait cloudy wb

Last edited:

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
^ that's not a chinese rose. Chinese Rose, as you call it is actually Hibiscus Rosa Sinensis (the red one), also commonly known as China Rose.
The one I posted is the Portulaca Grandiflora, commonly known as Moss Rose, and more often called 10 o' clock flower. This one's a mixed cultivar (as they say in horticulture) of white and pink.
As far as the Rajnigandha (Mexican Tuberose) is concerned, though it blooms for just a month from mid july to mid august, but it's an absolute delight to have one at your home. The flowers bloom in late evening, stays for almost 3 days, and the fragrance is literally HEAVENLY. What I've noticed is, though it spreads it's fragrance nearby, when I try smelling it from up close, it doesn't smell at all. And if you give it space, it can give you a whole farm from just one bulb in one year.
Other Night blooming flowers which are heavily scented include the common Chameli, Mogra, and the Night Blooming Jasmine (Cestrum Nocturnum). It is often said that a bush of Night Blooming Jasmine has its fragrance so strong that it even attracts snakes.
The Brahma Kamal as you're saying it, is actually a variety of a night blooming cactus (Night Blooming Cereus), often locally called as brahma kamal in Marathi. The actual Brahma Kamal is Saussurea Obvallata, which grows at high altitudes in the Himalayas, and is considered highly sacred and should not be touched. BTW the pic is really good.

Why is the natural one in cage while the artificial one out of it?

lm2k

Journeyman
^after reading ur description of rajnigandha I think I too must hav one in my garden too
The natural one is waiting 4 its master while the artificial doesnot need a master thats y ;-)

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
bumping up this dormant thread

*i.imgur.com/jHEFql.jpg

*i.imgur.com/PAJpul.jpg

Ganpati Bappa Moriya!!!
*i.imgur.com/uc35ml.jpg

My Bike's Dashboard
*i.imgur.com/26uD4l.jpg

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Like your dragonfly shot. The amount of details is similar to what I have achieved with my SX240 although it was at full zoom

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8169/7995716838_6b6c87965c_m.jpg
Dragonfly by marvelprash, on Flickr

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
thanks, though mine was not that much satisfactory. The image was taken in cloudy conditions with almost 4 dragon flies sitting on a wire on my roof. Your's has colours captured brilliantly and has clarity much more than mine.
I think you'll probably like this. This one's again on my roof. Have posted this one earlier also.
*i.imgur.com/imReo.jpg

lm2k

Journeyman
^nice one
next time u snap a dragon fli ask it to pose for u ,thet r really very generous creatures and so they pose before camera:wink:

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8446/7999171845_5ae4fe9b84_b_d.jpg
twilile portrait ,coludy white balance,

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8449/7999177337_d9265fcc46_b_d.jpg

MANGAL MURTI .........MORYA
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8303/8003686720_0e3e70109a_b_d.jpg

MANGAL MURTI .........MORYA
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8037/8003696977_cc6a17342b_b_d.jpg
sports mode,cloudy white balance,@+0.7ev

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8443/7999177802_093065bb4f_b_d.jpg

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Will surely request one to do it for me.:p
BTW your pics are also nice. The mustard flower with the butterfly on it and the last one also, shows nice contrast in colours.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
A friend purchased "HP Pavilion G6 Series G6-2005AX". And I snapped some pics from my LG Optimus One P500. I think I got some pretty good shots.

Here are some best samples:

*i.imgur.com/cRn3b.jpg

*i.imgur.com/zPFXr.jpg

*i.imgur.com/qsoaJ.jpg

More pics at this album: HP Pavilion G6 Series G6-2005AX - Imgur

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
looks like this laptop has become a hot favorite within budget gamers.

BTW pics are really clear. Don't know why in my case the whole pic look like a bad mess & have colour banding.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
looks like this laptop has become a hot favorite within budget gamers.

BTW pics are really clear. Don't know why in my case the whole pic look like a bad mess & have colour banding.

Yeah, pics were taken on hephappy's ICS ROM.
Maybe you should try taking it in good lightning conditions. Not the artificial lights of your room. ;)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Shot with my omnia W
*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-hD1LPQtVE8E/UGwKzRNL0KI/AAAAAAAAIA8/d8Ys6GDEQ0A/s640/WP_000234.jpg

lm2k

Journeyman
^ nice one
loved the colour of the sky

@CyberKID thnx.

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8443/7999175438_c09f18d034_b_d.jpg

Top Bottom