Mobile phone required for Gaming .. Budget 14k

k_v

Journeyman
Hi guys ,

I need a phone + a gaming device inside 14K . I wouldn't mind if it were a phone with good gaming capabilities . The other alternative is buying a PSP + a low end phone .

Suggestions would be appreciated :p

Thanks.!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I suggest a PSP with a low end phone. PSP for dedicated gaming is better than struggling with a game in a mobile.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I have an LG Optimus One phone... I play very few games like My Paper Plane 2, Angry Birds Rio, NFS Shift. They work well...

The best thing is, whenever I am waiting for someone, or just bored, I can play because I always have my phone with me... Will you carry your PSP with you all the time?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
get a psp. if you want phone, first of all it should be lg optimus one or samsung galaxy ace. next you need to kick out the stock software & instal custom rom. then only you'll feel like gaming.

PS: lack of any analog control will spoil everything if gaming is your top priority.

Soumik

Padawan
U need proper gaming with a budget of 14K!!! get a psp... u need hadware controls for proper gaming experience. Get a Nokia 1100 or 1208 or something and a PSP 3004. Better deal.

PS: I am not sure, but looking at the internal hardware of PSP, isnt O1 and Ace having better gaming capability? Though games available would be far exceeding than on the phones.

Just checked.. you can upPP your budget and get a Nintendo 3DS... :D

Gollum

Collector
htc wildfire s, optimus one, galaxy ace
better looks also matter.
there are no free games on psp, you will need to hack it. psp is almost dead too.
most psp games are hardcore 3d but bad resolution spoils it.
gaming is better with hardware controls = psp

I would suggest to buy PSP and any other cheap phone for your mobile needs. I am using Optimus one but it will not satisfy ur gaming needs. You will end up with just mobile and low level games like angry birds etc.

Else, you can also buy iPod 4G plus any cheaper mobile. I did the same - optimus one for mobile/android and iPod 4G for my gaming/music/video needs :D

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
dreatica said:
I find iPod better thn psp anytime coz it support games/music/videos etc.
Gaming is the priority of OP and hence its best for OP to go for PSP

He wants phone+ gaming device inside 14k
iPod Touch cant make calls (atleast where there is no wi-fi) so he cant get it

A iPhone costs nothing less than atleast 25k as far as I know so OP should get a PSP and a phone that best suits budget

I find controllers better than touch. And psp is more durable than an ipod

I hv a psp lying unused now, not enough titles and not enough support. For me, iPod is easy to carry and to use. If op wants to play only games, thn psp would do the favor too

Gaming is the priority of OP and hence its best for OP to go for PSP

He wants phone+ gaming device inside 14k
iPod Touch cant make calls (atleast where there is no wi-fi) so he cant get it

A iPhone costs nothing less than atleast 25k as far as I know so OP should get a PSP and a phone that best suits budget

I never said to get just iPod, and iPod 8gb easily available for 11-12k, he can buy a cheap ph too within the budget. As mentioned above, if gaming is only priority go for psp, but if u want to enjoy everythin except calls go for ipod, amd buy a cheap ph period

Sarath

iDota
If I were you I would go with:
PSP+cheap phone

or

iPod+cheap phone

trust me you dont wanna be bothered by a message or a tele marketing call each time you are trying for a high score.

I would vouch for the latter though. People mistaking it for an iphone is an added bonus.
[Pls dont tell me you dont care what people say or think coz all such people have already left for the himalayas]

You dont like Nintendo?

Soumik

Padawan
@dreatica- Totally agree with all points you mentioned... iPod has better hardware, better games in huge numbers, can do so much more than just games. But the only point that bothers me is that, a hardcore games can never like the games on touchscreen interfaces. There just has to be hardware controls for that experience.
I'd say get an O1 or similar phone, and save up to buy the PSP2 in future. Trust me... touchcreen games are nothing but casual timepass, you wont get that thrill out of them.

OP
K

k_v

Journeyman
Sorry for the brief hiatus guys .. been busy with exams .

So i did some research , and decided that i will wait for the NGP or the PSP2 as they call it. The mobile phone needs have been solved as well as im gonna use my brother's old SE K850i :smile:

Thanks for the help!

Sarath

iDota
well thats a good choice but I didnt know you were ready to wait till 2012 to get a gaming device.

I am getting the NGP too since its getting seamless gaming support with the PS3.

I have an iPod and an android phone for light gaming. If you dont want hardcore gaming then an ipod will suffice.

Also factor in the cost:
Most ipod and android games: $1 - 10 which is max of INR 500
Most PSP games: INR 500-1500
Same with DS.

I have seen the DS to be the most addictive. I dont know why though. Next comes people on their iPod/iPhone. The PSP I have seen usually getting rusted after a little while of use.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
Sorry for the brief hiatus guys .. been busy with exams .

So i did some research , and decided that i will wait for the NGP or the PSP2 as they call it. The mobile phone needs have been solved as well as im gonna use my brother's old SE K850i :smile:

Thanks for the help!

waiting for NGP will be a better idea than spending 10K on PSP and another 1K-1.5K on titles. also there are no new exciting upcoming PSP titles upcoming for PSP except final fantasy type-0. PSP will be abandoned soon. but do note that the NGP will start at quite high price and it will take some time for it to come down to a reasonable level.

PSP do have some really good game collection with nice graphics that will keep you busy for years. also you can play PS1 classics on it.

or you can wait for NGP which will be having some great game titles. but i am afraid you will be able to get it under 14K

Top Bottom