Mid-Range w/ PSU recommendation [Budget b/w 6.5K to 8.5K]

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
As far as i know, asus and sapphire will be available in Kolkata. I dont know about HiS.

I am rooting for AsusHD7750 as it is clocked at 820MHz whereas th Sapphire is clocked at 800MHz, all other features same..[Asus' heatsink is sexier :p]

btw, whats this PCIe 3.0? will it work okay on my PCIe 2.0 lane? will there be any bottleneck or anything like that??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
As far as i know, asus and sapphire will be available in Kolkata. I dont know about HiS.

I am rooting for AsusHD7750 as it is clocked at 820MHz whereas th Sapphire is clocked at 800MHz, all other features same..[Asus' heatsink is sexier :p]

btw, whats this PCIe 3.0? will it work okay on my PCIe 2.0 lane? will there be any bottleneck or anything like that??

unless you are going to use cards like HD7970 in CF ;-) and HiS gfx cards are available.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
are there any cards better than the HD7750, but in the same power segment? i can stretch to max 8K for the card. i am going with the Corsair CXv2 430W.

anything?

^^ can you post the shop name and the manufacturer of the gfx card ( HD7750 ) ?

yes, I'm sure ;-)

@topgear and all knowledgeable people out here: *www.apc.com/products/runtime_for_extendedruntime.cfm?upsfamily=29
APC clearly says that my UPS will not provide any backup [maybe 1-1.5mins] for my pc and its out of question to buy a new one. any advice?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
for a better alternative get this ;-)
MSI R7770-2PMD1GD5/OC Graphic Card

and about the backup time - you will get minimum 4 mins of backup time for sure with a HD7770 and even more with HD7750.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
erm... sapphire says it needs 450W psu min? oh.. and i forgot to mention, my monitor, around 80W, also runs from the UPS. so, with the corsair 430vx2, the total power would be ~500W. problem?

both my monitor and cpu run from the ups. other accessories run from the mains.

:help:

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
even a good 300-350W PSU is enough for a HD7750 depending on the cpu ;-) and the PSU recommendation on website .. well, it's just a generic recommendation.

Coming to the UPS load - well with a HD7750 your pc will hardly consume ~200W and add 80W f the monitor - so the the UPS still has plenty of headroom to provide you good enough backup time.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
even a good 300-350W PSU is enough for a HD7750 depending on the cpu ;-) and the PSU recommendation on website .. well, it's just a generic recommendation.

Coming to the UPS load - well with a HD7750 your pc will hardly consume ~200W and add 80W f the monitor - so the the UPS still has plenty of headroom to provide you good enough backup time.

How??

Edit: i will take the liberty to do a wattage breakdown for my PC.. please bear with me and correct me if i do it wrong. all component non-OCed.

Proc = Max: ~90W
GFX = HD7750 -> Max: ~100W??
..........HD7770 -> Max: ~120W??
Mobo + RAM + misc = Max: ~50-60W??

Total Wattage: HD7750 = Max: ~260W
.......................HD7770 = Max: ~280W
Okay... Hmmm. That is a cheerful figure! :)

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
How??

Edit: i will take the liberty to do a wattage breakdown for my PC.. please bear with me and correct me if i do it wrong. all component non-OCed.

Proc = Max: ~90W
GFX = HD7750 -> Max: ~100W??
..........HD7770 -> Max: ~120W??
Mobo + RAM + misc = Max: ~50-60W??

Total Wattage: HD7750 = Max: ~260W
.......................HD7770 = Max: ~280W
Okay... Hmmm. That is a cheerful figure! :)
While running Metro 2033 with HD 7770/7750 paired with a i7-3960X, Tomshardware got these figures for the whole system.

*i.imgur.com/YmeTp.png

And you have an i5-2400 which consumes even less power than i7-3960X. Nothing to worry. You don't need a new UPS.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
yeah!!!!!!! thats so cool!!

i'll go to chandni market to do a recon in a few days and get updated with the current pricing of asus msi sapphire cards.

thank a lot guys! i will be posting the prices of the cards in a seperate thread for all to see.

Last edited:

Myth

Cyborg Agent
i'll be going to chandni market to do a recon and get updated with the current pricing of asus msi sapphire cards.

thank a lot guys! i will posting the prices of the cards in a seperate thread for all to see.

Please do that. Would be most helpful.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
yeah.. after all the good people in this forum have done to help me out its the least i can do to give something back.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
i was going through this: Benchmark Results: Battlefield 3 : AMD Radeon HD 7770 And 7750 Review: Familiar Speed, Less Power

since i use a much lower res display (1024x768 CRT), leaving aside the bench config above, my fps at those settings would be generally higher, right?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
i was going through this: Benchmark Results: Battlefield 3 : AMD Radeon HD 7770 And 7750 Review: Familiar Speed, Less Power

since i use a much lower res display (1024x768 CRT), leaving aside the bench config above, my fps at those settings would be generally higher, right?

yes..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
so which one you are getting - obviously from the last two brand names ;-)

BTW, can you tell the price of these HD7750s from different manufacturers ?

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
have already posted the prices here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/165604-hd7750-hd7770-cx430v2-price-kolkata.html

i am thinking of going for the Sapphire HD7770 from Eastern Logica for Rs8000.

btw.. i wont doing any serious overclocking, maybe to 1100MHz, using the OEM software, will there be any issues if i choose the single fan version?

One more thing, can you make the images here show the thumbnails?

Top Bottom