Mid-Range w/ PSU recommendation [Budget b/w 6.5K to 8.5K]

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Hi all,

Am looking for a midrange graphics card, strictly NVIDIA, budget b/w 6.5k-8.5k INR, for playing games at medium details, good frames/sec, HD movie playback.

Resolution: minimum 1024x768. Am currently on a VGA, but planning to upgrade to a midrange non-HD LED in the near future, so the card should support that too.

Current Hardware:
CPU: Intel Core i5-2400
Mobo: Asus P8H67M-LE
RAM: 2x2GB Kingston KVR1333D3N9/2G-SP
Graphics Card: Zotac GT520 1GB
HDD: Seagate 1TB
PSU: el crapo 350W :p
UPS: APC BackUPS RC600 350W

As you do see, i have a crap PSU [Krypton or Kryptex something; its not even on the PSU blacklist :D ], so i would need a decent, but not too pricey PSU too. And will there be any problem with the UPS?

Thanks for looking!! :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
immediately change psu to at least corsair VS450(~2300) or better corsair CXV2 430W(~2600).in this range i think radeon 7xxx/6xxx series provides more value for price but wait for gamers to respond.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Powercolor HD7750 is the cheapest one currently available with price tag of 6.7k - this is the lowest priced HD7750 AFAIK.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Thanks a lot for your replies, guys..

i was wondering if my UPS [360W / 600VA] would be able to cope with the new 430W-450W PSU.. i just bought it a few weeks back and its out of question to replace it.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
so much for being an Nvidia fanboy... *sigh*
i am rooting for a gddr5 128bit card.. is Sapphire a good manufacturer for AMD chipsets?

in kolkata it is even available at rs 5900...

can you give me the name and location of the shop?

PS: do intel intel chipsets agree well with amd chipsets?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Intel chipset will work well with AMD gfx card and Sapphire is good.

BTW, your UPS is enough for the config with a HD7750 - just make sure you're getting a Corsair CX430v2.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Intel chipset will work well with AMD gfx card and Sapphire is good.

BTW, your UPS is enough for the config with a HD7750 - just make sure you're getting a Corsair CX430v2.

you sure bro?? i talked with a friend and he told me that the UPS wont be serving its utility if the smps power is more than the UPS power o/p, and it will only work while the mains are on. but once the loadshedding starts, the PC will turn off immediately, without and time for safe shutdown. my whole gfx up-gradation plan grinded to a halt because of the UPS.

sayan8

()==[:::::::::> ◖(◣ ◢)◗
@anirbanbd
i actually bought this card @ 6.2k..My freind bought this card for 5900..he said he bought from a wholesale shop near asus srvice centre gc avneu ..but i got it from
Khidderpore docks.. search in chandni u can surely get it at less prices

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ can you post the shop name and the manufacturer of the gfx card ( HD7750 ) ?

you sure bro?? i talked with a friend and he told me that the UPS wont be serving its utility if the smps power is more than the UPS power o/p, and it will only work while the mains are on. but once the loadshedding starts, the PC will turn off immediately, without and time for safe shutdown. my whole gfx up-gradation plan grinded to a halt because of the UPS.

yes, I'm sure ;-)

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
yeah baby!! now you got me rollin'!! :hyper:

any other options regarding manufacturers other than sapphire?

[OT] how do i rep someone's post??

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
ASUS variant is also quite good. But i guess you should go for the one with most clock speed and the one that runs coolest. Also if you re getting more warranty on a particular card or maybe gaming goodies --- you should take it.
you cant rep posts.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Sapphire is a very good brand buddy. Still if you want some other brand then get MSI or Asus. Even Power Color serves quite good.

Currently 'Reps' are disabled in this forum. So, you can't rep. :p

Top Bottom