Mid range PC - Budget 30-35K

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^If you're OC'ing then power consumption of the whole rig will surely cross 550w, the maximum load a 600VA UPS can handle is 360W. Wanna risk your rig on an el cheapo UPS?

OP

1manshow

Journeyman
^^If you're OC'ing then power consumption of the whole rig will surely cross 550w, the maximum load a 600VA UPS can handle is 360W. Wanna risk your rig on an el cheapo UPS?

No, I was not going to use the same UPS for PC, that's why I asked for UPS suggestion here. I was planning to use my current UPS for monitor and Xbox 360. So was asking if there are any cheaper alternatives to APC 1.1KVA for my PC only?

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Intex 1KVA can supply upto 500W, check out the availability of Numeric 1KVA too, it can provide around 600W, but with APC 1.1KVA you're always on the safer side.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
for KB+Mouse get either Logitech MK260 or MS Wireless Desktop 800 - both around 1.5k but if you need something wired then Logitech Gaming Combo G100.

OP

1manshow

Journeyman
Guys, please help me take a quick decision (by tomorrow) on what PSU to go for out of these -

SeaSonic S12II 620 620W - 4619/-
or
SeaSonic SS-750JS 750W - 5425/-
or
SeaSonic SS-850AT 850W - 6250/-

I'm not gaming currently on PC, but I want 24/7 stable overclock and future scalability if I plan to add higher end graphics later. No SLI or CF planned though in future too!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ get SeaSonic SS-850AT 850W @ 6250/ - nothing is more future proof than this ;-)

SunE

Professional Newbie
LOL he does not need that much PSU power. OP bro get the S12ii-620. It's more than enough!

OP

1manshow

Journeyman
Thanks guys, I was looking for some reviews on SS-850AT but unable to find it. Anyone with some experience on that PSU? I'm skeptical with it's low price and non availability of any recommended reviews.

Otherwise I'm going with S12 II 620 which is recommended and well-tested.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^ No need to be skeptical. SS-850AT is a very good PSU, and Corsair TX850V2 used to be around 6.5K mark. Only 1 month ago, I got quote of TX850V2 as 6.5K+tax. Considering all these, price is good.

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
If you're planning for a single GPU setup SeaSonic S12II 620 is more than enough. BTW for XFire or SLI get TX850V2.

OP

1manshow

Journeyman
Thanks guys. I don't want to go SLI/CF in near future (not with this rig for sure). I'm only going to do CPU overclocking (GPU is low end and not going to be taxed at all) and would like to get stable overclock for 24/7 use.

So I'll get S12 II 620W PSU now and save money towards CPU cooler.

Last edited:
OP

1manshow

Journeyman
Thank you very much my TDF bros.

Now one thing left is Monitor. Which one to go for? Any recommendations from your end? Budget is 16-17K, can be extended to 1-2 K more if the choice is exceptional. Looking for 23-24 inch IPS or above if possible.

One major requirement for monitor, It should be able to connect to both PC and Xbox all the time. Also must be having audio port to route sound via HDMI to my 2.1 speakers (inbuilt speakers are optional, not mandatory)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you're planning for a single GPU setup SeaSonic S12II 620 is more than enough. BTW for XFire or SLI get TX850V2.

buddy just check the power consumption of the Hexa core cpu when OCed Op has

*i.neoseeker.com/neo_image/177583/article/amd_phenom_x6_1090t/power2.png

and there's ain't much price difference between the 620W and 850W model - one more thing is if Op adds a powerful GPU later the 850W will happily power it.

Thanks guys. I don't want to go SLI/CF in near future (not with this rig for sure). I'm only going to do CPU overclocking (GPU is low end and not going to be taxed at all) and would like to get stable overclock for 24/7 use.

So I'll get S12 II 620W PSU now and save money towards CPU cooler.

don't be skimpy for only 800 bucks - you are getting 200W of additional power to play with ;-)

OP

1manshow

Journeyman
buddy just check the power consumption of the Hexa core cpu when OCed Op has

and there's ain't much price difference between the 620W and 850W model - one more thing is if Op adds a powerful GPU later the 850W will happily power it.

don't be skimpy for only 800 bucks - you are getting 200W of additional power to play with ;-)

Thanks topgear, but the difference is not only 800 bucks, it's like 1631 bucks more than 620W. Also I'll never go SLI/CF route with this config, my motherboard is not equipped for that setup (x16 x16) as well.

Now again the question arises, with current GPU (GT 240) will it sustain CPU overclock with 620W model? I'm not going to upgrade to better GPU anytime soon as well (not till next 1-2 years).

@ Cilus

I miss you :p I think you can throw more light on this. You are using similar config from long time. Do I really need 850W PSU for 24/7 OC'ing?

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
With GT 240? No you don't need. With the Seasonic 620W, pretty much overclocking is possible.

OP

1manshow

Journeyman
I've bite the bullet and ordered SS-850AT instead of S12II-620. Hope I will have no fear of system crashing on me even at highest overclocks due to lack of power. Also it would run much cooler with better efficiency at loads like 500+ W when OCed :)

For Keyboard and Mouse, I've decided on Buy Microsoft Keyboard | Microsoft Keyboard Wireless Optical Desktop 2000 How is it? Or should I go with this one for better performance?

What about monitor? Any help bros? :-D

Last edited:
Top Bottom