Mid range PC - Budget 30-35K

OP

1manshow

Journeyman
My sincere thank you to all TDF bros. who helped me decide and build up my rig.

My rig (still monitor, UPS and KB/Mouse/Mousepad delivery remaining :p)

Component Make Price
CPU AMD Phenom 1090T 3.2GHz 9160
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 6600
RAM 2 x Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB 3300
GPU Zotac GeForce GT 240 3235
Cooler CM Hyper Evo 2233
Fans CM Xtraflo 120 (2) & 140 (1) 1758
Case NZXT Gamma 2600
PSU Seasonic SS-850 AT 6250
Monitor ASUS 23" PA238Q LED Monitor 17150
Cable Nitho HDMI Gaming Cable 2 mtrs 309
KB TVS-e Gold Mechanical 514
Mouse Lenovo M6811 615
Mousepad RANTOPAD H1 400
Headset Smart SH-04 Vibration Bass 693
UPS APC 1.1KVA 5175
TOTAL Shipping Included 59992

I crossed my limit by 15K but I got almost well suited rig for myself. Hope it serves me well for few upcoming years :razz::wink:

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ looks well priced and well balanced .. congrats for your shiny new rig ;-)

BTW, where from you got the xtraflow 140mm fan ??

OP

1manshow

Journeyman
^^ Thanks mate. Sorry, I mean I got 2 Xtraflow 120mm and 1 CM Essentials 140mm for top mount. I didn't wrote it in table to avoid lengthy description.:lol:

Btw I'm going to rip off CM Hyper Evo fan and put both Xtraflows in push-pull configuration on cooler. Then will use Hyper's default fan as front intake. I don't have power hungry gfx so won't install any side fan for now.

Although I'm open to any suggestions for getting best cooling possible for components :)

Where can I get NZXT M59 Side panel only if I wish to do some show off :p

Last edited:
OP

1manshow

Journeyman
Hey guys, here are some statistics from new system -

*i.imgur.com/yKALI.jpg

*i.imgur.com/JV1fO.jpg

*i.imgur.com/OaYLW.jpg

This is when overclocked to 3.6 Ghz in normal mode and 4 Ghz in turbo mode. I've not disabled CnQ, C1E and Turbo Core options in Bios.

I want to ask if my temps (esp. CPU) are okay? I've Hyper Evo in push pull config with CM Xtraflow fans.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ the temps are way too cool ;-)

BTW, what stress test app you've used to measure cpu load temp ? just use prime95 and use smalFFT test for 30 mins and see the temps rising.

OP

1manshow

Journeyman
Sorry I forgot to mention. These were idle temps. I tested with Prime95 smallFFT and it rises the temp to 57-58 with 100% core usage at 3.6 Ghz.

Now what should I do to get load temps down so that I can overclock further? I want to get till 4 Ghz stable. I wanted to inquire if my temps (idle/load) are okay or should I try reseat the Hyper Evo with repasting TIM properly?

I've set the CPU voltage to 1.375V manually in Bios. No other voltages are altered.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
considering the hot summer season the temps you are getting under load with prime95 is OK - to get 4Ghz stable Oc you may need to crack up the voltage to around 1.45-1.5v which will produce a lot more heat - you can try remounting the cpu HSF but I don't think it will make a lot of change and if possible remount the CM Essentials 140mm Top Intake fan as exhaust.

OP

1manshow

Journeyman
^^Thank you mate. Thank you for the suggestion about top exhaust. But I tried some other way, I moved CM Essentials Fan to the second slot farther from rear as intake and it reduced my temps to 4 degrees approx. Both SB/NB chips temp went down too. I think I can get it to 3.8 with this. Although next time, I'll try exhaust position for top fan.

I'll post some pic later for better reference.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Thank you mate. Thank you for the suggestion about top exhaust. But I tried some other way, I moved CM Essentials Fan to the second slot farther from rear as intake and it reduced my temps to 4 degrees approx. Both SB/NB chips temp went down too. I think I can get it to 3.8 with this. Although next time, I'll try exhaust position for top fan.

I'll post some pic later for better reference.

I did not get this - rear fan should be installed as exhaust only not intake but a couple of pics would be good for better understanding.

OP

1manshow

Journeyman
^^ I meant the Top fan is installed as intake but this time I installed it on second slot far from rear fan (previously it was adjacent to rear fan, on top).

I'll post a pic today.:cool:

*imgur.com/aJVka.jpg

Sorry for the crap pic, it's from my X10 phone :p

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
you should install the fan as exhaust on top of the cpu region - thus the fan will aid in removing vrm region heat much quicker which translates into better mobo lifespan and ocing and the pic quality is ok to understand everything.

OP

1manshow

Journeyman
Thank you very much topgear. Actually I have installed it as top intake to maintain positive air pressure inside chassis. Check this link -
*www.silverstonetek.com/techtalk_cont.php?area=usa&tid=wh_airflow

Should I install it on the current place as exhaust or move it back close to rear fan slot as before?

Last edited:
OP

1manshow

Journeyman
^^Thank you very much buddy!

I moved CM Essentials to Top Rear and installed as exhaust. It brought down my load core temps to 53 degrees max when OC'ed to 3.6 Ghz (4 Ghz turbo) and running Small FFT on Prime95 for 15 minutes! I think I can safely push higher towards 3.8 with this setup.

Edit: Forgot, AC was on that's why there were low temps. :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom