Mid Range Android Phones...the best phones to look forward to

OP
M

me1

Broken In
I got the LG Optimus One yesterday. Well, I am not sure if I made the right choice...I was confused even while buying this phone
I hope I will not regret later..

NainO, I beat you to it. The phone is available everywhere, mobile store and spice hotspot also.

I got this phone for 12400rs, well how I got the discount is a long story..I'll spare you the story.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^
Congrats buddy!!! :-D

And really I tried as hard as I could to find the phone, but the phone is not available here yet. The main problem of non availability is that my city is not yet declared as metropolitan city... :)

OP
M

me1

Broken In
Thank you :)

Well, it wasn't so easily available here either. Bangalore is not a metro..but I expected it will be easily available here..
Like I said, its a long strory: I got it in mobile store, I thought the price at mobile was 12850 and I wouldn't have bargained to 12400, but luckily for me, they didn't have the phone in the first mobile store I went. I happened to check spice hot spot, they didn't have it either but their price was 12500. Both these places had asked me to wait for about 10-15 mins, so that they can bring the phone from their other stores. I didn't wait instead I checked into other stores myself. So when I went to the next mobile store, they had the phone, but the price was 12850. I said, forget it, I will go back to spice hotspot, and pick it. So he offered to give this phone for 12400rs. I bought it.

The phone is not that great ..I think you can wait till the phone is available in every store in your city...

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Nicely bargained!!! :-D

And don't worry this phone is best you can get in this budget (as said by many users).
You probably don't know this cuz you haven't used galaxy 3 :)

OP
M

me1

Broken In
^^ congrats. more & more ppls are getting the mobile.

yes that a long story :grin:

Thank you. :)

NainO,
I haven't used the phone yet. When I start using I will let you know it is..by then I am sure you will have your own Optimus One. Is Galaxy3 that bad?

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Galaxy 3 isn't that bad. It too has upper hand in some fields.
But optimus one is better in many things.
So its actually- optimus one is better than galaxy 3... :)
So rejoice :-D

Aditya11

Journeyman
Nicely bargained!!! :-D

And don't worry this phone is best you can get in this budget (as said by many users).
You probably don't know this cuz you haven't used galaxy 3 :)

I understand that you need to justify your purchasing decision of O1, but why on earth are you taking potshots at G3 in every post of yours? Are you getting paid for it or what?! :razz:

BTW, *many* users are really satisfied with G3 purchase and the poll of G3 vs O1 STILL shows G3 winning...its time you stop constantly injecting negativity into G3 and concentrate only on positives of O1, however small they may be.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ well hello!!!

My posts shows my views. If they hurt someone's feeling then I am really sorry. But I can't stop posting my views, so they can also ignore my posts :)

BTW thnx for the suggestion!!!

OP
M

me1

Broken In
Congrats me1 on getting O1.Do post your experiences.

Thanks.
If you are looking for a review I am not the right person, because I am a first time android user, and also because I am not tech savvy. It might take a long time for me to even start using certain apps.

To anyone interested in the price of the phone:
I heard this phone is available for a lot lesser than what I paid.

OP
M

me1

Broken In
Is anyone using GPRS? I have airtlel, is anyone using that? I am not very happy with the gprs service..whats your experience. are you subscribed to a certain package?
I had gprs activated in my nokia phone, but never really used it much, because i prefer using my computer.

Last edited:

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Is anyone using GPRS? I have airtlel, is anyone using that? I am not very happy with the gprs service..whats your experience. are you subscribed to a certain package?

I am using Airtel 98 Rs Plan (2 GB limit), and am quite satisfied with it. (Sometimes, depending on the area, the speed is pathetic, but mostly it is good enough)

GPRS wasn't activated automatically..You'll have to manually change settings for the GPRS to work on android phones, I guess.

Here are my settings:
Go to Settings->Wireless and Network->Mobile Network Settings->Access Point Names->
There either edit the APN you are already have or create a new one)

Name : Anything works (But Mobile Office or MO would do)
APN : airtelgprs.com
MCC : (should be automatically filled) 404 for airtel
MNC :(same) 45 for bangalore

All other values, not set.
APN type: internet

Hope, it helps :)

I understand that you need to justify your purchasing decision of O1, but why on earth are you taking potshots at G3 in every post of yours? Are you getting paid for it or what?! :razz:

True, but you seem to be doing the same thing ;)..

Last edited:

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Our 2010 holiday gift guide: Texting Santa - GSMArena.com

I told you - you made a good choice :-D:-D:-D

OP
M

me1

Broken In
NainO,
I am glad I made a good choice. :)
You know I had not used my phone, the day I bought it, thats Monday, I made a few calls and then continued with my Nokia.
From Friday I am using my lg phone, and so far its been good. (I read in this same forum that some people are having issues..and that scared me a little bit..but I've been using it since two days..and I've not had any problems so far.)

Hrithan,
Whats your usage? I mean the mobile internet usage?
I ask because, I just signed into msn web messenger on my mobile, only for a few minutes and after signing out i got a message "your last call was Rs 113". :(

I chatted only for a few minutes, because I was also online on my computer. Oh well..this is going to be expensive.
I could have made a phone call.

I am subscribed to that 50mb 24 hour plan, but there is no way I can check when I exceed that 50 mb.

How do you manage your gprs?

Last edited:

Hrithan2020

In the zone
@me1,
My usage (with downloading in PC) comes to around 1-1.5 GB, but if you don't account for any downloading it'll be below 500 MB, I guess.

I urge you to get the 98Rs (2 GB download limit) plan. You can also check the usage
(I don't remember but it was *567*10# I believe), to make sure that you don't exceed that.

Besides, Airtel (I am using prepaid) tells me how much bandwidth I have left after each session..

Aditya11

Journeyman
Aditya11 said:
I understand that you need to justify your purchasing decision of O1, but why on earth are you taking potshots at G3 in every post of yours? Are you getting paid for it or what?!

True, but you seem to be doing the same thing ;)..

I blame your faulty perception. If we compare number of posts where NaiNo has spoken ill about G3, even where not applicable, and mine where I have compared O1 to G3 where applicable, you will understand that you didn't do proper research and just like to claim fake things. :| BTW, I find it interesting that *you* are bothered about my original sentences even when they were addressing someone else..

Last edited:
Top Bottom