Mid Range Android Phones...the best phones to look forward to

Aditya11

Journeyman
NainO said:
If you want a phone with android only then you can look at- LG Optimus One and Dell XCD35...

..and Galaxy 3.

me1 said:
Ok, so is it better than G3 in terms of video resolution? I've been hearing some good things about the LG Optimus One. Its the brand name that holding me back..I might take it if the specs are better than G3. G3 seems to be the most popular phone these days.

Yep, Samsung as a brand is far better than LG. You are correct in having apprehensions about LG.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't O1's specs better than G3's?

No they aren't. Analyzing the pluses and minuses, they even out.

OP
M

me1

Broken In
^^I don't mind buddy!!I use Xvid4psp to convert downloaded movie/T.V series files to my phone format.I do the conversion using my computer & then later on transfer the converted files to my phone using the USB cable(data cable) given along with the phone.

I guessed it requires the data cable for transfer, and theres a reason I asked about the transfer, the Motorola Quench does not come with a data cable. The box contains nothing other than the battery, phone, charger and earphones. No sd card, and no data cable. Not that I was considering buying this phone anyways, but people who are considering this phone should know this.
There maybe other methods also for transfer, are they?

"I might take it if the specs are better than G3."Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't O1's specs better than G3's
Didn't you tell me that the video playback is not as good as that of G3?

LG Optimus One vs Samsung Galaxy Apollo

Take a look at above link.
Just include multitouch for Optimus One and exclude bluetooth 3 for Galaxy Apollo :)

I'll check the link. Thanks.
I read the other thread, G3 vs Optimus One. Didn't find the time to read the entire thread..but I think you posted there too. Do you have the optimus one phone?

..and Galaxy 3.

No they aren't. Analyzing the pluses and minuses, they even out.

Really? then other than the brand factor, optimus one is not a bad choice.

I haven't made my choice yet, but at one point I had. That was last month, and I actually went to the store to buy the G3 phone, guess what? it was sold out. There was a display piece, which I didn't want to buy. but I got to compare that with the HTC wildfire which was also on display. The HTC looked a lot more better, and also the UI was wayy better than the samsung phone. Then again, HTC is known to have the best skin.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Symbian^3 is still behind Android and iOS usability (mostly in text input and web browsing)

Updates to both of these are coming within a month which will bring S^3 on par with Android in terms of browser & text input. In case you want something better, you can always switch to Opera Mobile 10 for browser & Baidu Input for Split screen text input & portrait QWERTY.

No office document editing (without a paid upgrade)

Practically, do u need it ever?

Relatively limited 3rd party software availability

This is debatable. Have a look at Ovi store to find all the apps U need. Let me know if u really miss an app for your needs on Symbian

OP
M

me1

Broken In
No, i m a galaxy 3 user...
Gonna buy Optimus one on 28th or 29th...

I thought the Optimus One was already lauched, is it?
Galaxy 3 was launched recently, isn't it too quick to be taking up another similar phone? Even if the Optimus phone is better than Galaxy, it can't be so much better that you dump your 2 month phone to buy that.
Or is there another reason for buying the Optimus One..

*I am not saying one is better than the other, honestly I don't know..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I guessed it requires the data cable for transfer, and theres a reason I asked about the transfer, the Motorola Quench does not come with a data cable. The box contains nothing other than the battery, phone, charger and earphones. No sd card, and no data cable. Not that I was considering buying this phone anyways, but people who are considering this phone should know this.
There maybe other methods also for transfer, are they?

G3 comes with data cable. so i feel O1 too should, if LG ppls not trying save 100 bucks (max) by not giving the cable. also a 2Gb card is common nowadays when 8Gb cards are bundled with most sub 20k mobiles.

Practically, do u need it ever?

:lol: someone without PC will prefer use a cafe or office PC to edit.

This is debatable. Have a look at Ovi store to find all the apps U need. Let me know if u really miss an app for your needs on Symbian

you got the point. Android market app have more apps than Ovi store but any particular mobile doesn't need so many apps, nor a mobile support even half.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
I thought the Optimus One was already lauched, is it?
Galaxy 3 was launched recently, isn't it too quick to be taking up another similar phone? Even if the Optimus phone is better than Galaxy, it can't be so much better that you dump your 2 month phone to buy that.
Or is there another reason for buying the Optimus One..

Yup. Optimus one is already launched but sadly its not avaialable here in my city :-(.
Dealer has confirmed 28th as the date of arrival of optimus one in store...

The reason(s) i m considering to buy optimus one are- nice look, 340*480 screen resolution, physical softkeys, froyo, 3G 7.2Mbps.
First three points are more important to me though...

OP
M

me1

Broken In
Heyy

I just watched an Optimus One unboxing video on youtube. Guess what?!?
That phone is not sealed. The box that contains the phone and its accessories is not sealed.

It may sound silly, but I am very particular about packaging. If I don't get a sealed pacakaging, I am not going to buy that phone even if its the best in the world.

Why can't LG package their product properly? Its only seal..why cant they do that.

PS: I don't think their is a SD Card either. Well I didn't watch through the end of the videos to see everything the box contains..the fact that it was not sealed was enough for be decide against that phone.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ they may have opened that package before to confirm everything was ok & working. quality testing is really strict. & i sure those guys opened the packaging once.

abt accessories, it differs from country to country so can't say if you'll get a data cable also.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
The box contain both data cable and 2 GB card.
- Some optimus one owner(from india) confirmed this on gsmarena...

And dont worry about removed seal of box. They must hav removed it before shooting the video...

OP
M

me1

Broken In
^^ they may have opened that package before to confirm everything was ok & working. quality testing is really strict. & i sure those guys opened the packaging once.

abt accessories, it differs from country to country so can't say if you'll get a data cable also.

Normally in unboxing videos, they open packaging in front of the camera.

Yeah, when I saw the box, even I thought that maybe they opened it before and are now unboxing again for camera. But I checked few more videos, and in all videos the box was not sealed. Infact, in some videos the person reviewing was not sure how to open, and then they figured how to and opened it, so I think its not a sealed box.

Anyways, we will know how the packaging is after NainO buys it.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ thats wary. no seal on a mobile package.

means anyone can tamper with the accessories, not to mention can change the battery itself. well i'll go through 2-3 videos myself. thanks for informing.

OP
M

me1

Broken In
^^ thats wary. no seal on a mobile package.

means anyone can tamper with the accessories, not to mention can change the battery itself. well i'll go through 2-3 videos myself. thanks for informing.

Did you check?
I know, how can anyone buy a phone thats not sealed. I thought I am being silly, nice to know you also agree with me. Even if not tampered, the whole feel of new phone is lost, anyone opens the box checks the phone puts it back..
the buyer is not the first one to have their hands on the phone.

No, i m a galaxy 3 user...
Gonna buy Optimus one on 28th or 29th...

NainO, if you really want this phone you don't have to wait until 28th. You can buy it online. Now ofcource, even if you place an order now..you wont recieve untill monday 29th. You might as well go to the store check the phone and then buy. And its better you go to the store, you can see the phone and then decide if you really want it. btw, 28th is sunday, I don't think a phone will be launched on sunday, you will probably have to go on monday.

What if the packaging is not sealed, will you buy it? Do you really want to buy this phone?
I am from Bangalore, I don't know if its launched here. Which city are you in?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Did you check?
I know, how can anyone buy a phone thats not sealed. I thought I am being silly, nice to know you also agree with me. Even if not tampered, the whole feel of new phone is lost, anyone opens the box checks the phone puts it back..
the buyer is not the first one to have their hands on the phone.

not yet but will watch a couple of video reviews in youtube before logging off.

not just loosing the feeling of buying a new mobile, but a strange kind of fear breaches you. and frankly nobody likes to buy a electronic with a tampered/seal-less packaging. specially when paying ~13k for it. anyway will try give a visit to a nearby mobile store this week & confirm if there is seal or not (provided they know what LG O1 is).

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Dell XCD28 is a low VFM mobile phone.
Galaxy 5 is far better than this phone...

I have read on net that Galaxy 5 has got some serious problems like switching on and off after some days..Read here these two reviews

SAMSUNG I5500 GALAXY 5, SAMSUNG I5500 GALAXY 5 Review, SAMSUNG I5500 GALAXY 5 Plan, SAMSUNG I5500 GALAXY 5 Speed - MouthShut.com

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
@me

I m from karnal, haryana.
Frankly i m not comfortable with online shopping. Moreover i wud save some bucks if i will buy it here, he provides some discount for his valuable costumors :)
And i dont think any company wud sell there product without seal. If they will, I wud make sure to inform you.

@gtcdon

Review- orange san francisco

i think its dell xcd35...

@esumitkumar

I never heard about that!!!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Frankly i m not comfortable with online shopping. Moreover i wud save some bucks if i will buy it here, he provides some discount for his valuable costumors :)
And i dont think any company wud sell there product without seal. If they will, I wud make sure to inform you.

me2 same. specially in case of mobiles. PC parts are something else. they can't be checked at the place of purchase but mobile phones, even if costing a couple hundreds more, local purchase is better.

@me1, please look at the mobile box in the pic i posted below. you can clearly see it has a seal on thats been torn. which means that there will be seal on the retail package.

*www.mobile88.com/cellphone/lg/LG-Optimus-One-P500/optimusone1.jpg

so no worry :smile:

in case you interested, heres the link for the review: LG Optimus One P500

Last edited:
Top Bottom