Believe Me or Not!!!
Aditya11 said:
If we compare
number of posts where NaiNo has spoken ill
about G3, even where not applicable, and mine
where I have compared O1 to G3 where
applicable.

Actually, you think them applicable cuz - they are your thought :-|

Is it ill to say that G3 has bad resolution, plastic build quality, no physical softkeys and virtually no GPU(compared to O1)???
I think not, its actually truth!!!

Aditya11

Journeyman
*sigh*

Its so frustrating to interact with members lacking decent communication / comprehension / punctuation / grammar skills.

NainO said:
Is it ill to say that G3 has bad resolution, plastic build quality, no physical softkeys and virtually no GPU(compared to O1)???
I think not, its actually truth!!!

You didn't understand where I am coming from. I was pertaining to the fact how you used to compare O1 to G3 in every post EVEN WHEN no one was asking / expecting such comparison. If you do that in a forum which is meant for comparison, then it at least makes sense, but for some time, you were doing that in EVERY freakin' post in every freakin' thread and that's why I told you to rather concentrate on positives of O1, however small they may be.

As to your lacking points of G3, I have addressed them elsewhere, but as usual, you intend on harping about immaterial shortcomings. Don't forget to check where O1 is lacking too! :)

Hrithan2020 said:
@Aditya11,
Calm down, dude.. I had no intention of letting your temper go up..

I am calm always. My writing style in rather blunt so some people mis-understand it for temper. :smile:

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
kicking a dead horse. any use?

both O1 & G3 are out & freely avl in market. both got Froyo (ok officially Indian G3 haven't received froyo yet). O1 superior to G3 & so cost ~1k more. now whats the point dragging this issue so long?

those who can afford O1 over G3 will buy it. those who don't like the peculiar style of O1, will go for G3 instead. i see no reason why both of you are bashing at each others posts like this. it really looks kind of childish.

guru_urug

iGoogle
ok guys even Im looking for an android phone in the sub 15k budget...
After a lil research I have found a few phones I like

samsung galaxy 3
sony erricson mini pro
dell xcd35

I want a phone wid hvga res since max android apps support hvga....
Can anyone pls tell me the price of htc ARIA and wen is it releasing in India?
Also what is the expected price of psp phone?

I can wait till feb 2011 max

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
ok guys even Im looking for an android phone in the sub 15k budget...
After a lil research I have found a few phones I like

samsung galaxy 3
sony erricson mini pro
dell xcd35

I want a phone wid hvga res since max android apps support hvga....

I can wait till feb 2011 max

None of the phones you mentioned has HVGA (320*240) resolution!!!

Samsung Galaxy 3 - WQVGA (240*400)
Sony Erricson Mini Pro - QVGA (240*320)
Dell XCD35 - HVGA (480*800)

So out of these three - Dell XCD35 is best (in both screen size and resolution). Plus it got a positive review from techradar.
But still it has to prove itself in market.

For now i wud say WAIT...

HTC Aria price shud be around 14k, close to HTC Wildfire...

tejaslok

Journeyman
^^ also look at LG optimus one also, it has HVGA res i think >?

its worth a look, im planning to buy it this christmas :p
first considered G3 but when O1 released +1k wouldnt be a burden to spend only cons of this device is 256k colour depth and *bleep* :S (i donno) and it cant play 720p vids but that's ok with me cos i dont but a S phone to watch 720 p movies :|

guru_urug

iGoogle
Im a lil wary of the lg o1....Ive never used an lg phone b4 but many ppl choose to stay clear of their phones..The O1 is impressive on ppr and so Im tempted to go for it.
Also how does it score against the HTC ARIA or GRATIA.
Gratia is Aria but it comes wid android 2.2 out of the box...any news on its release date in India?

Hrithan2020

In the zone
@guru_urug,
If HTC Aria/Gratia AFAIK would be launched at a much higher price than these phones.(It could be priced along the lines of Dell XCD). However, if it launches at a similar price to O1, go for it; no questions asked :))

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@aditya11 and @naino

Consider this as a warning. do not mess up the threads with your fights. If you want, open a thread in 'fight club' on Samsung phones vs LG phones or whatever and continue your discussion.

unnecessary posts removed.

OP
M

me1

Broken In
Hi NainO,
got to know you got the Optimus One. Congrats! :)

I need help.
on the home page, there is option to add shortcuts and widgets, but i can't find an option to remove them after adding them

i also want to get rid of some lg apps that came along with the phone..

PS: i deleted some pictures from gallery by mistake. :(
I read through different forums, there is no way to recover them without installing a recovery software.

Last edited:

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^thnx bro :-D

To remove a widget just tap and hold that widget (till vibration) and drag the widget to bottom of screen.

The only way to get rid of LG apps is - rooting the phone.

You deleted system image file??? How???
If you happen to delete a system image file, you can use factory restore to recover that images.
And Image gallery of phone is uncapable of showing system images.

OP
M

me1

Broken In
i dragged them down and deleted them, but one remains at the bottom right next to the dial icon, because I didn't drag it down to the delete..i missed it..
i am trying to get it back to the top so i can drag it to delete again..but, its not working.

i did not delete system image file. i deleted all pictures in my gallery by mistake. there seems to be a way to recover them by installing the recovery software, but not without installing any software.

ps: i don't mind you called me bro, but i think i should clarify that i am a girl. :)

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
i dragged them down and deleted them, but one remains at the bottom right next to the dial icon, because I didn't drag it down to the delete..i missed it..
i am trying to get it back to the top so i can drag it to delete again..but, its not working.

Actually, you hav to drag those widgets in middle-bottom part of the screen. I wud be more specific next time :)
If you hold a widget on home screen the main menu button will change to trash-box. You just hav to drag and release the widget on that box.

i did not delete system image file. i deleted all pictures in my gallery by mistake. there seems to be a way to recover them by installing the recovery software, but not without installing any software.

I think its not possible.
You first hav to create a backup of data before recovering that.
Let other comment on this.

ps: i don't mind you called me bro, but i think i should clarify that i am a girl. :)

Whoooops, unexpected... :p

BTW follow XDA Developer Forum LG P500 for tips n tricks. Learn how to root and overclock your device :)

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

do a factory reset, than try again. but i feel rooting won't offer anything extra than giving access to root. one have to delete the the widgets/shortcuts in the same way.

galley = memory card or system/main/phone memory? if memory card, recovering deleted items is really easy.

thankfully i never called you as bro. Maam :wink:

OP
M

me1

Broken In
Actually, you hav to drag those widgets in middle-bottom part of the screen. I wud be more specific next time
If you hold a widget on home screen the main menu button will change to trash-box. You just hav to drag and release the widget on that box

Yes, I did that, I could delete some but one remains at the bottom..there is a bar, on which we have the message, dial phone and other such things, its somehow gott there. I am trying to take it back on top and delete it, but it doesn't move from there. Its the settings icon, but it doesn't show settings, it shows running processes. And while trying to remove the shortcut, I probably deleted some running processes. I not too sure..

I have also messed up my whole home page. The camera icon has moved from the main home page to the other, and its not even in the center..its somehwere inbetween. Its the camera icon that was troubling me, everytime I hold my phone in hand, the camera got activated and had captured unnecessary pictures and videos. I tried to delete one video which was captured like that, but ended up deleting the entire gallery.
Immediately I googled to see if I can recover the lost photos, I found out it can only be recovered through a recovery software. I also searched my whole phone to see, if there is another hidden folder somewhere which may have the photos, like sometimes we have downloads in a downloaded folder as well as the gallery. In the process, I messed up my whole phone. I ended up having too many shortcuts on my home page and ..its just messy now.

I also wanted to sign out of the gmail, because I want to be logged in through another gmail id, but its synced and there is no way I can sign out. I was asked to go back to factory reset. I don't want to do that, though its not such a big deal because my phone is new, and I don't have too many things anyways.

Maybe I should just read through the manual, I haven't even opened the manual..I am too lazy.

galley = memory card or system/main/phone memory? if memory card, recovering deleted items is really easy.
I don't know. I don't know if the photos are in the sd card memory or the phone memory. We need a software for recovering them from sd card.

do a factory reset, than try again. but i feel rooting won't offer anything extra than giving access to root. one have to delete the the widgets/shortcuts in the same way.
If I do a factory reset I wont need to delete them, because it will not be there anyway. I might have to do a factory reset though.. .for other reasons.

I think its not possible.
You first hav to create a backup of data before recovering that.
Why would I have to create a backup? Don't think that would be necessary..but I wonder what you mean by create a back up? Do you create back ups for phones? How?
I have also heard people use this term back up for computers? What is that? Is it simply transfering files on a usb?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Its the settings icon, but it doesn't show settings, it shows running processes.

was the setting icon there from before or you brought it there, in the launcher screen? cause i read somewhere not all the widgets & shortcuts can be removed.

I have also messed up my whole home page. The camera icon has moved from the main home page to the other, and its not even in the center..its somehwere inbetween. Its the camera icon that was troubling me, everytime I hold my phone in hand, the camera got activated and had captured unnecessary pictures and videos. I tried to delete one video which was captured like that, but ended up deleting the entire gallery.

:lol:

Immediately I googled to see if I can recover the lost photos, I found out it can only be recovered through a recovery software. I also searched my whole phone to see, if there is another hidden folder somewhere which may have the photos, like sometimes we have downloads in a downloaded folder as well as the gallery. In the process, I messed up my whole phone. I ended up having too many shortcuts on my home page and ..its just messy now.

a video is the root of all this trouble :)

Maybe I should just read through the manual, I haven't even opened the manual..I am too lazy.

most ppls read manual once trouble starts. me no exception.

I don't know. I don't know if the photos are in the sd card memory or the phone memory. We need a software for recovering them from sd card.

well as you have no idea, switch to SD-card (so mem card is shown as removable drive) & run this software. select pics & deep scan in the next menu. should recover all pics thats been deleted (even if they can't be opened).

Recuva 1.38.504.

I have also heard people use this term back up for computers? What is that? Is it simply transfering files on a usb?

backup means...........to save the current version or state of data so if by any accident or mistake the data gets corrupted, the user can get the original data back.

ok read here more about it: Backup

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Yes, I did that, I could delete some but one remains at the bottom..there is a bar, on which we have the message, dial phone and other such things, its somehow gott there. I am trying to take it back on top and delete it, but it doesn't move from there. Its the settings icon, but it doesn't show settings, it shows running processes.

That icon cud not be deleted, you have to replace it with another app's icon (which according to you is more frequently used).
To replace the icon go to menu and select your desired app(icon), press-hold for some time and drag it on the icon you want to replace.

And while trying to remove the shortcut, I probably deleted some running processes. I not too sure..

Dont worry, there is no way to delete/uninstall a program from home screen :)
Dont get confused between deleting icon and deleting application.

I have also messed up my whole home page. The camera icon has moved from the main home page to the other, and its not even in the center..its somehwere inbetween. Its the camera icon that was troubling me, everytime I hold my phone in hand, the camera got activated and had captured unnecessary pictures and videos.

Just drag the camera icon to the any location in the same page or different page (that suits you).

I tried to delete one video which was captured like that, but ended up deleting the entire gallery.

Sad :-(
You must hav deleted the whole folder instead of that one video.

I also wanted to sign out of the gmail, because I want to be logged in through another gmail id, but its synced and there is no way I can sign out. I was asked to go back to factory reset. I don't want to do that, though its not such a big deal because my phone is new, and I don't have too many things anyways.

No need of factory restore for that.
You can hav as many gmail accounts as you want. In menu--->settings--->accounts and sync add a new account. Back in main menu select gmail and go to option--->accounts and select the account you currently want to use.

Dont bother with the manual. LG people are even more lazy then you are :p. Absolutely nill content in manual.

I wonder what you mean by create a back up? Do you create back ups for phones? How?
I have also heard back people use this term for computers? What is that? Is it simply transfering files on a usb?

Yup, its just like you that. Transferring data to other storage device and retrieving when necessary.
Both computer and mobiles hav dedicated softwares to create backup. But i dont use any of them. So no clue about them.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Dont worry, there is no way to delete/uninstall a program from home screen :)
Dont get confused between deleting icon and deleting application.

maybe she talking about stopping some running process, not delete. those should start again next time the mobile is turned restarted.

Top Bottom