Mid Range Android Phones...the best phones to look forward to

papul1993

not a newbie.....
I don't download anything, Someone had suggested safe sites to download TV Shows, but I am paranoid. I am constantly worried about virus/trojans..etc. ?

I don't think you will get virus from a video file. And if you are that paranoid, consider using linux. It doesn't get infected with the windows viruses.

OP
M

me1

Broken In
was the setting icon there from before or you brought it there, in the launcher screen? cause i read somewhere not all the widgets & shortcuts can be removed.

No, it wasn't there, I had created a shortcut for that(while we are on the home page there is an option to add shortcuts, I added that shortcut, though I didn't need it, this happened while I was searching through my phone)...and then it got to the bottom while I was trying to delete that.

maybe she talking about stopping some running process, not delete. those should start again next time the mobile is turned restarted

Yes, it shows a list of running processes, and while trying to get rid of the icon, I closed some running applications.

Yes, I know about that software. And thanks for the back up information. :smile:

That icon cud not be deleted, you have to replace it with another app's icon (which according to you is more frequently used).
To replace the icon go to menu and select your desired app(icon), press-hold for some time and drag it on the icon you want to replace
Ok, I will try that. Thanks.

Just drag the camera icon to the any location in the same page or different page (that suits you).
Sorry, I wasn't clear. The camera icon has moved, I am glad it has moved..because it was the cause of all the trouble. But, the problem is it moved to a different homepage. Actually, it moved inbetween homepages( its somewhere between two homepages). I tried to move it back to either of the homepage, but it didn't move, I deleted it. I can still access camera from the menu.
But my entire phone is a mess. The Icons on the home page where well placed, appriately distanced from each other, and they looked neat before I messed with my phone. Now, there is an empty space between the home page icons, I think it was the space for the camera. You know, at the bottom we have a few icons, gtalk, gmail, android market. There is an empty space there, I think thats for the camera. Below these we have another task bar kind of thing, on which we have Phone on one side and messages on the other, withe menu/home at the center. The settings shortcut has gotten there, right next to the dial icon.
I will try to replace it like you said..

Yes, I know we can add as many Gmail accounts as we want, but what I was talking about was, signing out of one of the accounts that I am already signed into. Any other Gmail account will only be added or linked to the already existing account perhaps. When I tried to sign out, it said, I cannot. The only way is to go back to factory reset. Maybe after adding, another Gmail account, I maybe able to keep only the one I want synced in with all apps, and log out of the other..or does it stay logged in.

Thank you both for the help. I should deal with these silly issues myself..but I bother everyone instead.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ you can also give LaunchPro a try. not sure if rooting is need but LaunchPro looks & works better than LG Stock.

*androidheadlines.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/launcherpro.png

Hrithan2020

In the zone
^^ you can also give LaunchPro a try. not sure if rooting is need but LaunchPro looks & works better than LG Stock.

*androidheadlines.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/launcherpro.png

No rooting needed for Launcher Pro. But, you need to download it from the site; it is not available in the market..

OP
M

me1

Broken In
I might download launch pro from that link, Thank you Aditya.

I somehow managed to have a decent home page, but I might use the launch pro if its better than the LG ..

Sam and NainO,

As for my other issues, Ignore my posts.
I figured we can sign out of gtalk and gmail, choose not to sync and also remove the account for good without restoring the phone to factory default. Its so simple, I don't know how or why I believed its not possible. I am sure I had tried to sign out before and It said the only way was to reset to factory default..but I don't recall what I did or how exactly I tried to sign out, I probably did something wrong that time..
Apparently, somethings wrong with me..

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
@me1
Great!!! :)
Hav you deleted your account (from settings)? If yes then how do you sign in???

@aditya
Thnx for the link :-D

OP
M

me1

Broken In
No, I didn't delete my account the other day, tried today..its not possible to delete. So I was right the first time.

Top Bottom