Microsoft's Desperate attempts too woo away Linux users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
Check out this image guys, I found it while doing a google search last night. :D :D

*img147.imageshack.us/img147/1286/ms1vs4.jpg

Doing business and taking away market share is one thing but putting hands into anothers territory and them blame them for copyrights violation is another thing!

These are for those guys who still think that Microsoft does business Ethically!!

What more can you call this than desperate attempts to woo away prospective customers from Linux and they are even willing to pay prices and do it publicly! lolz... heights of unethicalness:rolleyes: :D:D

Perfectly matched keywords and disguising title though :D :D

praka123

left this forum longback
These are for those guys who still think that Microsoft does business Ethically!!
^well,Vista boys cant digest these all things.after all for pirated win users,does ethics hold any value? :lol: get a life,use Linux,M$ window user :) though it is completely ur choice!

din

Tribal Boy
I think its more funny !!!!

Comparing Lin server and Win server :D

If they compare desktop (that also not true considering Ubuntu etc), theres some logic atleast ! but this is too much !!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
have a look at these too:

*img291.imageshack.us/img291/8169/hondaxb1.jpg

*img142.imageshack.us/img142/5854/sezn4.jpg

OMG they are so desparate .... now google adv MS on linux pages is also MS fault and dont say MS and google had a back door hand shake for this :lol:

din

Tribal Boy
Cyrus_the_virus said:
Perfectly matched keywords and disguising title though :D :D

LOL, thats more funny, now only I noticed that.

Reminds me of the 'famous' guy who went inside mac forums and started bashing mac !!!! ;)

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Oww common! What is wrong with advertising!

Its not that anyone who runs advertisements becomes a bad one. In that case, Google would be the most rotten thing. It is based on Advertising!

OP
Cyrus_the_virus

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
iMav said:
have a look at these too:
OMG they are so desparate .... now google adv MS on linux pages is also MS fault and dont say MS and google had a back door hand shake for this
lol.. dude, you don't get it do you? *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/21.gifDid you notice what Microsoft's Advert Headline is? It's Linux Versions!
Now, if you're trying to compare that with what your search tries to prove, Niether have chevrolet said in their heading 'get a honda car here' nor have sonyericsson said, 'get an iPhone here'! Make sure you're not drunk the next time you're making such comparisons.*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/35.gif

@iMeov, your comparison is way off, as stated above, they are in no way a disguise to get into another's market unlike what MS has done here.

It's quite similar the way fake brands that exist in the market, where you will get a 'Rebok' shoes for 10 times the lesser price of an original 'Reebok' shoes. This is how anybody tries to push their products into someone else's existing genuine market! Similarly the MS AD is trying to disguise itself into the existing Linux Market!

For those who don't understand how advertising works, I'll give you and example, when ever you see the advert of say a cold drink or a face cream or whatever. How many times have you realised that they don't show another brand in a bad light? Have you noticed that the cream the girl with all the pimples will be using will have no name on it, it will be a blank Dabba! And also the guy who drinks some crap in a pepsi or a coca cola AD won't be drinking fanta or sprite, he'll be drinking something with no name on it or something that doesn't exist in the market! If you try to sell sprite by showing that 7up sucks, then you're going to have a big lawsuit in your hands! These are basic advertising rules!

You cannot ride on the back of another company's product to make your product famous! You cannot make fun or coca cola to sell pepsi. You cannot show fair and lovely in a bad light to sell your Dove cream! Similarly, you cannot use a name that you don't own to advertise your product or compare another in bad light in your AD! As simple as that, for those idiots who want to come back argue about this, keep doing it coz you're one in them.:cool:

For those who know what ethics of advertising are would certainly agree.:cool:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ the thing was that MS had a page where they had compared windows & linux server editions i think (as seen from this post snip) and that page link being shown with that header is not MS

if u see closely the hig-light is versions which was a keyword used in the search criteria and the MS page had the wor version along with linux so it wasnt MS doing anything this just happened because of the keywords used ;) please try and understand the technicalities rather than blatnatly accusing MS for everything ;)

MS had a page where they compared the linux and windows version and the existence of this page has been well known in the tech community

the links that are shown the sponsored 1s are done according to google's algorithm and they keep on changing randomly

OP
Cyrus_the_virus

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
iMav said:
^^ the thing was that MS had a page where they had compared windows & linux server editions i think (as seen from this post snip) and that page link being shown with that header is not MS

if u see closely the hig-light is versions which was a keyword used in the search criteria and the MS page had the wor version along with linux so it wasnt MS doing anything this just happened because of the keywords used ;) please try and understand the technicalities rather than blatnatly accusing MS for everything ;)

MS had a page where they compared the linux and windows version and the existence of this page has been well known in the tech community

the links that are shown the sponsored 1s are done according to google's algorithm and they keep on changing randomly
lol.. this is why I was mentioning that you don't know what you're speaking about! *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/21.gif

Dude, do you realise that it's a google ADWORD advertisement and not a random search! Google Adwords dont' pull up any page headers like your fantastic brain says! Google Adwords display exactly only what the person who puts up the advert mentions!:lol:

So, stop this cr@p about technical issues. Adwords doesn't work on page headers and crap! What the Advertiser puts up is what you see! So, the Heading 'Linux Versions' is not a coincidense but the Heading that was given to the Advert by the Advertising client! Go Learn some basics before you argue about things you have no idea about! *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/35.gif

Besides, I never said, having a page comparing any product is wrong, it's the "Comarison in the Advertisement" that is wrong. If you go to a pepsi plant, they'll always compare it with other existing products! No one is bothered about what is generally discussed. It's about what is advertised!

they are not desprate. they are just liars. lying ɓ@ʂʈ@ɹɖʂ. who says windows is more reliable and secure than linux?
luckily, server buyers are not OS n00bs to buy windows

Micro$oft is just wasting money in ads. lets click on the ad atleast once guys:twisted:

mediator

Technomancer
din said:
LOL, thats more funny, now only I noticed that.

Reminds me of the 'famous' guy who went inside mac forums and started bashing mac !!!! ;)
I wud luv to see our musketeer friends doing that and creating chaos there. :p

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
dude so are u saying that using linux as a keyword for a page where linux versions and Windows is compared is wrong :? i know about ad words .... and the sponsored results are random - thats what iv been told by google when i signed up for my companies advrts ;)

it is that page was existing and so they used as keywords ... companies use such keywords its not only MS ;) as iv already pointed out with good effect :)

this would have been accepted in the context u were saying considering if the result page would re-direct to windows server page however it was directing to a page where both the windows and linux versions are compared so the use of the keyboard is justified ;) as done by honda & SE :)

OP
Cyrus_the_virus

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
MetalheadGautham said:
they are not desprate. they are just liars. lying ɓ@ʂʈ@ɹɖʂ. who says windows is more reliable and secure than linux?
luckily, server buyers are not OS n00bs to buy windows

Micro$oft is just wasting money in ads. lets click on the ad atleast once guys:twisted:
Wait till you see the Google Adsense Advertisement about "The Highly reliable Times" *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/24.gif

iMav said:
dude so are u saying that using linux as a keyword for a page where linux versions and Windows is compared is wrong :? i know about ad words .... and the sponsored results are random - thats what iv been told by google when i signed up for my companies advrts ;)

it is that page was existing and so they used as keywords ... companies use keywords its not only MS ;) as iv already pointed out with good effect :)
@iMeov, you still dont' understand Dude!

It's not random Keywords! The heading of the Advert is not a random collection of keywords from the page that it's pointing to. Get it inside your head! The Heading is what exactly the advertising client put up. If you put an Adword, they ask you to make a heading for your Adword and whatever heading you put is what you see when the Ad is displayed!

So, now stop hiding being nonsence like technical barriers and random keywords!!:rolleyes:

iMav said:
this would have been accepted in the context u were saying considering if the result page would re-direct to windows server page however it was directing to a page where both the windows and linux versions are compared so the use of the keyboard is justified ;) as done by honda & SE :)
I'm telling you again, get this into your peanut sized brain *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/10.gif

all results are shown by keywords but the heading is not a collection of random Keywords!

Nor Chevrolet nor SE has told in their heading anything to do with honda or iPhone! I hope this will be last time I explain this simple concept to you!

iMav said:
please read the first line of my post again and agian :)

You need to read again and again what I wrote for sense to get into your brain and understand how google Adwords work!

Last edited:
I know M$ paid for that ad, but google has nothing against linux. most of the google guys know about linux, and their servers too run LAMP(linux-apache-mySQL-PHP). they used customised distros like goobuntu running with google-only file systems like GFS that are zillions of times better than windows NTFS

OP
Cyrus_the_virus

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
MetalheadGautham said:
I know M$ paid for that ad, but google has nothing against linux. most of the google guys know about linux, and their servers too run LAMP(linux-apache-mySQL-PHP). they used customised distros like goobuntu running with google-only file systems like GFS that are zillions of times better than windows NTFS
I don't know if it's directed to me but I never said google has anything to do with it. It's just advertising what clients are paying for. The problem is the @iMeov is very confused about how Adwords work. He thinks that the title of the advert displayed is just a buch of random keywords from the header of the page when he doesn't realise that those 2 words 'Linux' and 'versions' is the only title of that advert which is typed in by MS(or who ever put it there) and not a random coincidence.

Cyrus_the_virus said:
I don't know if it's directed to me but I never said google has anything to do with it. It's just advertising what clients are paying for. The problem is the @iMeov is very confused about how Adwords work. He thinks that the title of the advert displayed is just a buch of random keywords from the header of the page when he doesn't realise that those 2 words 'Linux' and 'versions' is the only title of that advert which is typed in by MS(or who ever put it there) and not a random coincidence.
affirmative and confirmed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom