Microsoft XBox 360 Controller - Genuine or Fake

Gollum

Collector
the original wired controler has a detachable section like this

*www.digit.in/forum/chit-chat/45694-post-your-latest-purchase-724.html#post2089806

as [MENTION=158370]sksundram[/MENTION] suggested go for itdepot. I bought from them from one of their offline store
Absolutely:
*i.imgur.com/PUkVrAB.jpg

Nerevarine

Incarnate
OP, get a Thrustmaster GPX if you can find it, its superior to normal 360 controller and shd be available for slightly more
or if you are out of options get a Logitech F510, (Not recommended)

OP
L

little

Journeyman
Thrustmaster GPX is out of stock almost everywhere.
I dont like the look of F510.

Is there any other controller in the price range 2k to 3k.

tanvir37

Broken In
With reference to post #10

Flipkart has sent the replacement within 24 hours and it turns out to be an original XBOX controller

*i.imgur.com/ko9ebQQ.jpg

heartless

Broken In
OP, get a Thrustmaster GPX if you can find it, its superior to normal 360 controller and shd be available for slightly more
or if you are out of options get a Logitech F510, (Not recommended)

any idea about cord length of GPX? Can't find it anywhere.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Damn that was very good service by flipkart in sending you the replacement. But how can they have shipped you a fake one in the first place. You being a tech savvy person and forum member knows how to spot a fake or get help about it. But a normal buyer wouldn't.

Ask them why they sent you a wrong one in the first place.

ashishsahu

Broken In
hey, i too got the same fake controller from ws retail. what's worse even after 1 week of calling/mailing & twittering i didn't got any response. i was hoping to get them to see that they are committing a major fraud on indian customers by selling fakies when their tagline on every page at bottom says "all products sold are 100 % genuine".

but still after getting no response i have decided to return the product to them. some sure shot fakie giveaways are :

1. Microsoft logo and serial no stickers are not aligned properly (all original product have the stickers properly pasted into their respective slots)
2. no DVD comes in the pack
3. The bigger sticker is light green in color with a dot bulge inside it (original ones are black in color with no bulges underneath)
4. No inline cable
5. the serial no on the controller does not matches the serial no printed on the microsoft box it came with neither ws retail invoice.
6. left n right sticks are very firm/rigid to move behaving more like dpads.
7. Microsoft orb has a very cheap looking green painted over it and it's backlight resembles a Chinese torch.

now i am puzzled from where to order the new controller after returning the fake one. i was thinking amazon but there too verified users have complained it of a fakie

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
yeah dont stop report it about that btw i am thinking to get the controller too how to differentiate b/w fake and real?

OP
L

little

Journeyman
yeah dont stop report it about that btw i am thinking to get the controller too how to differentiate b/w fake and real?

Look at my pics in the first post. PM me if you need more help (I've a PhD in 'Spotting fake XBox controllers' :p)

Other than that, check for an inline cable release (google it up) and the original one comes with an installation disc.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
No, original also has a 2.5 mm mono sound jack whose stereo component is used for mic..
Even the keyboard attachment pins for original and duplicate are exactly the same, basically its VERY hard to distinguish

amjath

Human Spambot
No, original also has a 2.5 mm mono sound jack whose stereo component is used for mic..
Even the keyboard attachment pins for original and duplicate are exactly the same, basically its VERY hard to distinguish

okay i never know that center [2.5 mm jack] and side pins are not related
*www.muchbuy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/3.2.jpg

Top Bottom