Microsoft XBox 360 Controller - Genuine or Fake

OP
L

little

Journeyman
Today Flipkart called me and asked, "How do you know it's a fake one? All the product sold by flipkart are 100% geniune.. blah blah blah"

They told me to take it to a Microsoft service centre. I told them that the serial number on my invoice doesn't match that on my controller. Surprisingly the serial number on my outer box and on the invoice is same. And then they told me to take it with the box.. Dumasses..
After a little bit of research I found out that the outer package is genuine but the controller is counterfeit. :/

What do I do now?

PS : He didnt know shi* about microsoft.. he kept on saying micromax..

Nerevarine

Incarnate
next time they call, tell them you already own an original controller and comparing both, it looks fake..
Thats what i did with snapdeal and i got a refund

OP
L

little

Journeyman
next time they call, tell them you already own an original controller and comparing both, it looks fake..
Thats what i did with snapdeal and i got a refund

I told them that I already own it an original but the guy who called had no idea about it. he perhaps didnt even know what a controller looks like. he told me take it to a service center.

amjath

Human Spambot
I told them that I already own it an original but the guy who called had no idea about it. he perhaps didnt even know what a controller looks like. he told me take it to a service center.

if u take it to service center I think you will not get proper response. So better return the package to flipkart itself

OP
L

little

Journeyman
if u take it to service center I think you will not get proper response. So better return the package to flipkart itself

on what criteria do i return it back to flipkart. i told them that its a fake but they are not accepting the fact.

- - - Updated - - -

With reference to post #10

Flipkart has sent the replacement within 24 hours and it turns out to be an original XBOX controller

What did you tell them to get a replacement ?
They are not replacing mine.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
on what criteria do i return it back to flipkart. i told them that its a fake but they are not accepting the fact.

- - - Updated - - -

What did you tell them to get a replacement ?
They are not replacing mine.

post on their fb and twitter....
SHOUT that flipkart doesn't sell 100% genuine
shoot a mail to Microsoft as this is a critical issue...many people won't find this
selling a duplicate product as duplicate is ok (some shops agree) but a duplicate product as original is bad...really bad

OP
L

little

Journeyman
maybe they do care sometimes, have hope :) and send them a mail

Will do that. Currently writing a mail to Flipkart. Let's see if it works out or not.

At-least Flipkart should sell it under some other name. They have a ton of local cheap replica products on their site.

- - - Updated - - -

From my further research I found out that to avoid getting caught, the counterfeit products are packed in a genuine box. The serial number on the box is registered with Microsoft. The serial number on my invoice is same as that on my box but the serial number on my controller is different.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Will do that. Currently writing a mail to Flipkart. Let's see if it works out or not.

At-least Flipkart should sell it under some other name. They have a ton of local cheap replica products on their site.

- - - Updated - - -

From my further research I found out that to avoid getting caught, the counterfeit products are packed in a genuine box. The serial number on the box is registered with Microsoft. The serial number on my invoice is same as that on my box but the serial number on my controller is different.

flipkart will say it will escalate issue to support team and blah blah
tell everything to Microsoft and posting on fb and twitter will make them to do immediate action

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Microsoft cant do anything regarding this, this is an indian online shopping issue, your best bet is to spam emails to flipkart itself, especially their FB page..

OP
L

little

Journeyman
Microsoft cant do anything regarding this, this is an indian online shopping issue.

I think Microsoft has some sort of connection with Flipkart. Thats why they are recommending users to buy the controller from Flipkart. In this case, Microsoft must be informed.

icebags

Technomancer
yes, u should write to MS.

before u do that, clearly write out the points with bullet marks, on which basis u r actually distinguishing the item as fake one. also mention about the inner & outer serial no thing.

ans inclose some clear close up pics of the controller, box & invoice from all directions (except invoice ofc :D for the direction thing).

Then mark cc to fk & the local ms service centre u visited.

i seriously think there is something wrong in MS supply chain, somewhere in between the supplier / distributors packaging the fake product and supplying to authorized MS outlets. maybe even fk doesn't know.

some ppl may remember i faced issues when i bought this xbox controller may be couple of years ago, and its performance was unsatisfactory. local dealer changed it 2-3 times but all were same, finally asked the dealer to give me logitech one(which i did not want to buy at all).

anyways, MS should investigate this. perhaps "digit" should take an initiative (random market tests or something like that) to raise the sound.

it has become next to impossible nowadays to find a genuine xbox controller. duh.

amjath

Human Spambot
[MENTION=228377]little[/MENTION] u cant blame microsoft for this, all you have to blame is WSretail

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
yes, u should write to MS.

before u do that, clearly write out the points with bullet marks, on which basis u r actually distinguishing the item as fake one. also mention about the inner & outer serial no thing.

ans inclose some clear close up pics of the controller, box & invoice from all directions (except invoice ofc :D for the direction thing).

Then mark cc to fk & the local ms service centre u visited.

i seriously think there is something wrong in MS supply chain, somewhere in between the supplier / distributors packaging the fake product and supplying to authorized MS outlets. maybe even fk doesn't know.

some ppl may remember i faced issues when i bought this xbox controller may be couple of years ago, and its performance was unsatisfactory. local dealer changed it 2-3 times but all were same, finally asked the dealer to give me logitech one(which i did not want to buy at all).

anyways, MS should investigate this. perhaps "digit" should take an initiative (random market tests or something like that) to raise the sound.

it has become next to impossible nowadays to find a genuine xbox controller. duh.

that would be nice...

OP
L

little

Journeyman
Still no reply from Flipkart. They only say that "Our technical support team will get back to you, etc."

Even the D-Pad stopped working now.

Top Bottom