Microsoft passes latest VB100 virus test; Some security giants fail !

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
The December 2007 edition of the VB100 test subjected security software to 100 Windows 2000 viruses collected from labs and websites. Researchers at Virus Bulletin have released the results of the latest VB100 computer security test, highlighting failures at a number of leading security vendors.

Products from Kaspersky, Sophos, Trend Micro and Norman were among those that failed to protect fully against a collection of outdated viruses.

Companies whose products passed the test included Microsoft, NOD32, AVG, BitDefender, Symantec, McAfee, Sunbelt and QuickHeal.

WinVistaClub Security or Castlecops HomePage. Take your pick ! :D :D :D

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Plz correct the link in your site, anand. The pages on virus bulletin open only if you are registered. Rather post direct links here.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Thats good...
I like nod actually...
But i didnt know why kaspersky failed..
Ok why test with windows 2000 virus.. I dont get it.
Anyway thanks for info.
And ya ms rocks ...

Off topic..
Sorry to note it anand but, is it right to link to your blog or site? When the real source is somewhere?

No offence dude..

If yöü feel it s against rules please change it...coz many newbie will follow only legends like yöü...
Please dont take it in other way..

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^lol Quick Heal is coming back from grave.
especially designed for win 2000 viruses.

din

Tribal Boy
naveen_reloaded said:
Sorry to note it anand but, is it right to link to your blog or site? When the real source is somewhere?

I think it is allowed ! Some other members also use the same style. I mean mentioning their own site/blog as news source and then in that site/blog mentioning the real source.

Sure it helps to get traffic.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^heh so we need to have multiple AVs now huh?one for 98,one for 2k,one for xp,and one for vista,and heck one more for dos viruses.lol.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
^i dont think it allowed HERE..
Sorry if i am wrong.but i have seen many thread being closed or moved to chitchat section's blog stuff thread...

din

Tribal Boy
Sorry for going offtopic

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74934

Thats another example.

May be some mods/admin can clarify, I mean whether such practise is allowed here.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Guys i have seen threads closed by drgrudge stating that to post the original source and not link to thier sites or blog.
I am not against them ,but i want this forum to be clean..that marulez guy was posting loads of news off lately simply to get traffic..if this IS allowed then many follow the road and we will all see 100 new threads in tech news alone for each day.

din

Tribal Boy
@naveen_reloaded

I got what you meant. Yes, I also think it is better to post the orginal link instead of the blogs and user sites.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Thanks din for supporting...
Now itself we are seeing many update thread..i dont get it..should EVERY 4.26xx version should be mentioned here.. I dont get it.if its say, opera released a next version say opera 10 mentioned, i will be happy..but what is there to point to when it gets a update...say 9.2659?
If thats so kaspersky,and other av are publishing new database every hour!i hope yöü all got the point.

Again thanks din

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
This test has NOTHING to do with how good an antivirus is! An antivirus will fail in this test even if it has 99.99% detection rate, and gives a few false positives..

din

Tribal Boy
People seems misusing the loophole in the forum rules ! Coz it is not clearly mentioned that members are not supposed to post their own sites / blogs (obviously thats for getting more traffic), may be the admin need to modify the rules sticky to add this too.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
I have pm'd drgrudge and he has taken action on one of the thread. And also pointed him to this thread to clarify the doubt.
Sorry for posting off topic stuff here..i am very sorry.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
You SHOULD post the full article with the source links (now you can link your site/blog). It's OK to post what you posted in your blog even though the source is outside, but make sure that you post full article here AND the article is full not like:-
Click here ---> goes to your blog , again click ---> news source

anandk -
Take care next time. Else thread(s) will be deleted.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
im confused ur warning anand and still saying that 1 can link his site/blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom