Microsoft Announces Availability of Windows 7 Beta and Windows Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitava82

MMO Addict
WTF!! Has anyone been able to download it yet? successfully? Except the MVPs. :x
I downloaded sometime back and ready for installation..
I want to upgrade.. Anyone know if I can revert back to Vista from 7? Also this is my production system, so, don't wanna take chance.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Direct download links and product keys:

Windows 7 Public Beta Direct Download Links and Product Keys

PS: The servers are too much busy so you might need to refresh the page lots of times to get product keys. A few people have already got the keys.

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
AFAIK, a single key can only be activated 10 times. So i dont think sharing is a good idea.
From HERE:
I’ve also noticed that the keys only seem to work on a single computer – i.e. you cannot use the same key on multiple computers. I was under the impression that each key would let you activate up to 10 computers, but this does not seem to be the case.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
all the pages for download and keys are now redirecting to win7 home page.

started downloading this morning and 17% complete. fingers crossed. can't wait to test the beta1. Hope it's much much better than the prebeta 6801 build that I used earlier.

LoRdKsHiTiJ

Hardware Enthusiast
well, it says its faster, simpler, easier.

verdict:
faster - slightly
simpler - yeah
easier - not for a new user though.

LoRdKsHiTiJ

Hardware Enthusiast
^^ you can't master a Ferrari immedaitely after driving a maruti :)
well not to argue too much on this but, just for example, like maruti, ferrari too has a right side drive system. ofcourse you can master it immediately. and if the transmission is auto, all the more easier.

anyways,
i dont think windows 7 is THAT different from vista sp1. shouldn't have a problem. but for people using windows xp, its going to be a huge challenge. and considering the mass in our country, where 90% are still using XP with various service packs, its hard to say what market condition will windows 7 enjoy.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^Yayyy!!!... I got my key.. posting the image.. just wait..

Here it is...

:D:D:D:D:D...

cool. for me, it's still redirecting to MS win7 page :(

well not to argue too much on this but, just for example, like maruti, ferrari too has a right side drive system. ofcourse you can master it immediately. and if the transmission is auto, all the more easier.

anyways,
i dont think windows 7 is THAT different from vista sp1. shouldn't have a problem. but for people using windows xp, its going to be a huge challenge. and considering the mass in our country, where 90% are still using XP with various service packs, its hard to say what market condition will windows 7 enjoy.

who said anything about vista? comparing xp and 7!!!

Last edited:

swordfish

Somebody stop me...
Is it possible to get key today? I have started dowloading now

It gave me error all the time and else it is forwarded to search page saying that page you are looking for does not exists..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom