Micromax Funbook

power_8383

Eager to learn.
They have launched 'Funbook Infinity' which has 2mp rear camera, dual speakers, 4000mah battery at Rs. 6,700.
Going to buy that. :)

dream.window

Right off the assembly line
Help Me Please!! ( Not Very Urgent)

I don't know where to address my query, so i am posting here. I bought a mmx p300 funbook last month. As it comes with a mini USB2.0 port and a standard usb connection wire, i tried to connect a flash drive ( moserbaer 8GB) and it showed up. Later I read somewhere that it is possible to connect a USB keybaord or mouse to the funbook.

I went a step ahead and tried the usb mouse. I was much delighted to see the pointer pop out of nowhere and working like the tip of a finger. What now?

This time I bought an external 4 port zebronics USB hub. This came as cheap as Rs. 50. Connected it to tablet, then the usb drive to the hub and it showed up as usual. Next i plugged in the usb dongle -(hauwaie, or whatever the spelling is), the green light in the dongle began blinking as it usually does while being powered and registering to the network. But hello, whats this notification, usb uunexpectedly removed. Usb drive not showing anymore. Tested the mouse with dongle in one of the ports - mouse not working. Plugged the USB drive again and then the dongle, this time thhe dongle became powered and the drive was not unmounted. Tried to access files but the file manager acted too slowly while navigating through the drive's folders. But i was unable to open any file of any kind. The file manager hanged. So I removed the pen drive.

After a lot of googling and reading over internet, I jumped on the conclusion that since my tablet does not provide much power to external usb devices. The hub was trying to accomodate more than one device on the power of just one and the dongle being the more powerful device did not let that power shared by any other device in the hub.

Now, my question is that whether I should buy a powered usb hub to connect multiple device at the same time or I should abandon all efforts on trying this. Please provide some advice

dsmas

I have got P500 and rooted. Now I want to flash back original ROM of P500. by the way, why no differenciation of P300 and P500? thanks

Ramanath'94

Micromax Funbook tablet frozen at bootscreen

Upon restart, the device does not go beyond bootloader image (it just says "Funbook" for ever)...please help me... what can I do?..I heard about flashing....!! After flashing does it go back to it's orginal way?if so..how to do it(flashing)?

gourabex

[ QUOTE=hapdtop;1676106]Hi all I am planning to buy this micromax 400R portable 3g router. Will this work with my fb

2.7k in flipkart

Micromax 400R (Mi-Fi) | Datacard | Flipkart.com

Kindly comment

yes ofcourse it works with funbook :thumbs: .I have the same router and it works perfectly with my funbook. It gives immense portability my friend,just go for it.

Thanks a lot buddy. I am totally enjoying my funbook but sometimes it slows down a bit btw I have cyanbook rom installed. Any suggestion for the slowness :?: .[/QUOTE]

I have micromax funbook pro, p500. Can you please tell me whether the 400r works with my tab or not. and another thing, how to setup the apn to the router? without using the pc, using only the tab?

aanderful

The mediafire a/c is down. Can anyone please upload eyeoncomputers_script_ver5b_ics4.0.3.zip on another site and share the link?

ashashy

hello guyz i recently bought a micromax funbook and i installed a custom rom ( funseries v2.1 ) now i have a problem with the battery life of my tablet and also with the charger so i want to take it to service centre but as im on a custom my warranty has become void ! so im in need of the original stock rom ! and also plz tell me how to install it ! plz help me

Terabyte

In the zone
hello guyz i recently bought a micromax funbook and i installed a custom rom ( funseries v2.1 ) now i have a problem with the battery life of my tablet and also with the charger so i want to take it to service centre but as im on a custom my warranty has become void ! so im in need of the original stock rom ! and also plz tell me how to install it ! plz help me
Did you take backup of your Stock ROM?

Here's the tutorial to get back to Stock ROM [ROM] [Tutorial] How to install original Micromax Funbook Stock ROM | Funbook

sajo

Broken In
Guys , i got delivery of a USB keyboard+carry case today. I bought it off ebay and is not of any specific brand.
My Funbook however, detects it only occasionally. Connected and after a lot of tries, the keyboard icon finally appeared in the taskbar. Opened dolphin browser and successfully typed in the URL for a website , but by the time i actually went to type the content I wanted to , it was un-detected (for want of a better word) again.
Is there anything i can do to make it detect the USB keyboard on a bit more, permanent basis ?

EDIT : The external carry case cum keyboard works fine when I connect it to my laptop. So I am assuming the problem is with the Funbook software rather than the carry case. Any pointers ?

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
After getting the 60% battery issue back again after replacing the battery once(one month) I gave the service center guys an earful and whoa, battery replaced in a week, they have battery in stock, if they are taking more than a week just thrash them a bit. Still never buying a micromax product ever :/

roby_is_cool

Broken In
damn! my funbook is bricked..

i was using livesuit and when it asked for mandatory format, i clicked on 'No', it started installing but i realized that i was to click on Yes, and i exited livesuite in the middle of the installation..

now my funbook isnt booting up, not even a logo and when i try to update its driver on pc, it either shows that drivers are already installed or 'the device cannot start'

it doesn't even show the boot logo, plain dead..

someone tell me what to do now? is going to the service center the only option available..?

Last edited:

doomgiver

Warframe
someone please explain to me just how many micromax "funbook" tablet versions are available, and their specs and how they match up to each other? and any sort of reviews/comparision?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Mine's lying at the service centre for more than a month now. Pathetic service by micromax.

My battery went kaput. Was giving some 10-15 mins backup and tab was like extremely hot. Had no choice but to give it to service centre.
My advice is to completely avoid this tab, save up and buy a good one.

Top Bottom