Micromax Funbook

sajo

Broken In
Re: Battery charging issues.

Looks like my image attachment hasnt shown up properly, so heres from an external image host :

*i.imgur.com/0ldbf.jpg

Should I contact Micromax for a Warranty claim ? A quick google search reveals that its a problem for many ICS devices , but I did not really get a solution for the same.

I contacted Micromax, and looks like I am saddled with a faulty battery. Anybody else here who has a wonky battery ?
I am going to have to take it to their service center this weekend.

Interestingly, the address of the service center given to me by their call center chap isnt among the ones listed on their website. How is the MM service experience expected to be in Pune?
I will anyway post my experiences once I get the device fixed.

CaptianNemo

Right off the assembly line
3 Drives..?? :O Can we have a screenshot of the drive contents of all the 3 drives..??

*s17.postimage.org/4t089q1z1/mmx.jpg

Though Internal SD Card is divided into two parts, one for storage use and another for Internal ROM use.The K drive wasn't accessible .

some times internal card is not recognized anybody has the same problem ?

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Lol yeah! What was i thinking ? :D

I use Huawei E1550 with Reliance 3G sim, you should re read the review thread buddy!

And some how i managed to write Spotify, i meant connectify! :D Have edited!

Okay thanks.. This means Vodaphone, Tata, Airtel, Aircel will all work right?

aviatcogni

Broken In
I am looking out the possible ways of getting wireless internet through USB dongle. Micromax gave only option to buy TATA photon plus and that too EC156 dongle, it don't look like a good option.
I have seen so many videos on Youtube telling you can connect any other 3G stick with FB, Can some one list out the possible dongles that are compatable with FB, so that i can buy. I already have TATA photon plus EC152 this is not getting detected:cry:

Supported list of Dongles for funbook...

WCDMA:
HuaWei E230,HuaWei E176G,HuaWei E160E,HuaWei E182G,HuaWei E1782,,HuaWei E1750,
ZTE MF633BP-1,ZTE MF633,ZTE MF637U,HuaWei UMG1691.
CDMA2000/EVDO:
HuaWei E150 ,Huawei EC1261,HuaWei EC122,Huawei EC156,HuaWei EC1270,
ZTE AC580, ZTE AC2736, ZTE AC2746.

microdroid

Hi,

Got my fb today.
Is there a way to delete the lecture videos from this? Can someone please point me to a thread that has this info. Total android noob here

Thanks much

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Okay thanks.. This means Vodaphone, Tata, Airtel, Aircel will all work right?

Yes. Use with any of the dongles posted above.

An Unlocked data card would work? I thought only Tata dongle is supported? And Spotify? What has it to do with Internet Sharing? -.-

Well it's connectify. And it makes your laptop WiFi receiver works as transmitter (i.e. Access Point) so other WiFi device can use that Access Point to get internet connection.

Note : Your WiFi Card on Laptop must support this. Ofcourse a software can't hard-change your receiving hardware to work as transmitter. :p

johnpaul123

Im literally pissed off with funbook

earlier it use to factory reset when i shut down it and restart

THEN I GOT softwares reflashed from local support office

NOW my funbook dont get start up after pressing power button ... ive to plugin to it then it get started ... and then if u remove knob it works as normal... did factory reset too

GUYS ... is this me only ..OR ur also facing this problem ....

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Yes. Use with any of the dongles posted above.

Well it's connectify. And it makes your laptop WiFi receiver works as transmitter (i.e. Access Point) so other WiFi device can use that Access Point to get internet connection.

Note : Your WiFi Card on Laptop must support this. Ofcourse a software can't hard-change your receiving hardware to work as transmitter. :p

Why would anybody use that software when you can just create an Ad-hoc network?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Android doesnt detect adhoc wifi natively. It only detects infrastructure wifi mode.. There is a wifi supplicant hack for android but I dont know if it works in the tab (it should though).. If your computer has windows vista or xp, or your wifi card is old, then it wont support infrastructure mode broadcasting, and hence no connectify for you

rajan1311

Padawan
hey did anyone try playing "Deer Hunter Reloaded"? Its supposed to be compatible with FB but when I open it I hear sounds but there's no display and FB gets stuck after that.

I tried it on my Xtab as well...exact same issue...No video but I get the sound...i have to reboot to close it..