Micromax Funbook

sajo

Broken In
Good Morning folks!!
I am new to this forum, but I am loving it already.
I just received a Micromax Funbook yesterday, ordered from Snapdeal and received in about 5 days. It was an impulse purchase, thanks in no small part to Tenida's rather excellent review of the same.
However, I am facing a problem. The device refuses to charge. When i keep it plugged in for hours at an end, either through USB or the AC charger, it does not discharge, but no charging either. I tried a hard reset, didnt solve the issue.
When I click on the battery tab in settings, I see the following :

The 1h32m44s time has remained unchanged since yesterday.
What should I do ?

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Are you sure..?? Because that script only unlocks the Market, but market is installed from the very beginning.

Check app named Play Store.

Its okay , fixed it. I did a 'factory data reset' and Installed the script again. Got Google Play:-D .I think it crashed the first time script was installed.

and btw which ROM did you install??

sajo

Broken In
Battery charging issues.

However, I am facing a problem. The device refuses to charge. When i keep it plugged in for hours at an end, either through USB or the AC charger, it does not discharge, but no charging either. I tried a hard reset, didnt solve the issue.
When I click on the battery tab in settings, I see the following :

View attachment 6085

The 1h32m44s time has remained unchanged since yesterday.
What should I do ?

Looks like my image attachment hasnt shown up properly, so heres from an external image host :

*i.imgur.com/0ldbf.jpg

Should I contact Micromax for a Warranty claim ? A quick google search reveals that its a problem for many ICS devices , but I did not really get a solution for the same.

aviatcogni

Broken In
Please don't buy from ncarry. I have worst after-sales service from them.

It will available at Micromax World after few days. I called today "they said 30 pcs already sold". New stock will come after 3 days.

Same advice from me also..Ncarry is worst...

Flashed my tab successfully (iview page video) as per suggestion. Surprised to see memory (RAM) which is showing appx 300 MB only and not 512. Also CPU clock is coming to 1 GB only. After resetting CPU clock using CpuMasterFree (Installed by eyeoncomputers_script_ver5b_ics4.0.3) to 1.2 GHz not able to install any apps from Google Play (Package error).

Any suggestion.

Also can anyone please suggest how to revert back to original ROM (taken backup using Clock Recovery MOD) and then remove root access.

Thanks

Sephiroth_kappa

Right off the assembly line
Got the FB from snapdeal, I was really worried about the package. i heard of bad experience from snapdeal, but it was fortunate for me i guess. no issues. I got the Midnight black. FYI, i booked @ april 21 and got it today...

adithya72

Broken In
I am looking out the possible ways of getting wireless internet through USB dongle. Micromax gave only option to buy TATA photon plus and that too EC156 dongle, it don't look like a good option.
I have seen so many videos on Youtube telling you can connect any other 3G stick with FB, Can some one list out the possible dongles that are compatable with FB, so that i can buy. I already have TATA photon plus EC152 this is not getting detected:cry:

rks

My friend got funbook today for 7k local shop.
I got BSNL EVDO Prithvi model. He bring it to me today for just checking weather it is working or not. I just put EVDO modem in that OTG cable and light is blinking on modem. :wink:
Now just before I could just add settings , funbook suddenly turned off.:evil:
Now we trying to push power button hard but it is not opening.
Lastly we connected the charger and voila it started.

Now my ques is anybody had ever faced this problem? I googled this problem and one person had faced same problem with tata photon.

Any solution for this ?
Thank in advanced.

I too faced this situation couple of times no solution yet got , let me know if anyone knows the key for the problem?

Hardly__Human

hey!! i got the got my funbook two days back, I have noticed few issues.
1. it kinda runs out of memory.
2. lags many times.
3. No option for video chat in gtalk.

Please let me know your inputs, is there a way to fix the lag and delay in response.

Is there a way to clean all the cache!!

Thanks in advance

* New Android User---

CaptianNemo

hii TD , got my fb tab yesterday i have a small doubt why is it showing three drives when i connect to my computer ? Total Noob here ........

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
hey!! i got the got my funbook two days back, I have noticed few issues.
1. it kinda runs out of memory.
2. lags many times.
3. No option for video chat in gtalk.

Please let me know your inputs, is there a way to fix the lag and delay in response.

Is there a way to clean all the cache!!

Thanks in advance

* New Android User---

This hardware is not intend to run ICS. Atleast 1GB RAM is needed.

Anyway, you can flash Custom ROM's to get rid of this laggyness. Though that would also be laggy but much less than this Stock ROM.

hii TD , got my fb tab yesterday i have a small doubt why is it showing three drives when i connect to my computer ? Total Noob here ........

3 Drives..?? :O Can we have a screenshot of the drive contents of all the 3 drives..??

As per my knowledge it should show 2 drives, one is internal SD Card another is External SD Card.

Though Internal SD Card is divided into two parts, one for storage use and another for Internal ROM use.

Flashed my tab successfully (iview page video) as per suggestion. Surprised to see memory (RAM) which is showing appx 300 MB only and not 512. Also CPU clock is coming to 1 GB only. After resetting CPU clock using CpuMasterFree (Installed by eyeoncomputers_script_ver5b_ics4.0.3) to 1.2 GHz not able to install any apps from Google Play (Package error).

Any suggestion.

Also can anyone please suggest how to revert back to original ROM (taken backup using Clock Recovery MOD) and then remove root access.

Thanks

You solved your problem by reflashing the firmware right..??

Are you the same guy who posted the same question in XDA..??

Anyway, you can flash Custom ROM's to get rid of this laggyness. Though that would also be laggy but much less than this Stock ROM.

3 Drives..?? :O Can we have a screenshot of the drive contents of all the 3 drives..??

As per my knowledge it should show 2 drives, one is internal SD Card another is External SD Card.

Though Internal SD Card is divided into two parts, one for storage use and another for Internal ROM use.

Yes. But RAM issue is still there. It is showing 320 and not 512.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
hey did anyone try playing "Deer Hunter Reloaded"? Its supposed to be compatible with FB but when I open it I hear sounds but there's no display and FB gets stuck after that.

Hardly__Human

Using a custom ROM ... i guess the warranty will get void!!
Any sugesstions !!

Top Bottom