Micromax Funbook

Ankur_david

Right off the assembly line
Hi friends .....
Can anyone tell which online sites is best to buy FB- MMX
1) Saholic
2) Snap Deal
3) ncarry (no option as i have read previous posts)

IN whole of gujarat it has not been launched in any stores checked evrywhr so only online option is left for me

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Atleast what do you expect by seeing the built quality and working?

Well it's Ok-ish type.

ICS is not intend to run on this hardware. 1GB RAM should be the min. requirement for ICS. Too much laggy to work on. Simply watching Movies / Reading E-books won't be a problem. Don't expect multitasking.

Build Quality I'd say it's all plastic. Looks fine but may be it won't survive after few drops and rough handling.

rahulgaba16

Bought leather hard case for Micromax Funbook from Homeshop18.
Damage- Rs. 490/-
Got the case the within 3 days from booking awesome service by HS18. Its my first order from them.
*i.imgur.com/zoEEP.jpg
*i.imgur.com/CowD9.jpg
*i.imgur.com/Xfr2K.jpg
*i.imgur.com/jaELN.jpg
*i.imgur.com/x52hE.jpg
*i.imgur.com/HhtsC.jpg

This case is made of leather like material at-least its smells like leather.:D I say its total paisa vasool case :))
is it same ???
Semi Leather Case Cover For 7" inch Tablet, Tablet Case Can Support Galaxy Tab. | eBay
is it same ??
Semi Leather Case Cover For 7" inch Tablet, Tablet Case Can Support Galaxy Tab. | eBay

apn

How often should we reboot ie. turn fb on and off ??? Or we can use it as mobile phones ?? [Tablet noob]:lol:

batman

Broken In
is it same ???
is it same ??

Don't think those and the one tenida bought are the same..Coz his is a branded one by ncase and the ebay links are of an unbranded one as far as i could understand.

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
is it same ???
is it same ??

Its not same but the quality seems to be good. Semi-leather for Rs.287 is very cheap. But problem is that the seller is not from India.

maverik

Broken In
Re: Signing Up toFB

Hiiee aall..!!
I jus signed up to th forum, coz me also joined th Funbook community from yestrday...
I got it delivered within 2 days of booking...
M bit layman in ths feild so do reply some useful links of tips , ideas tricks to enhance my tab.
or any useful app or anythn u feel tht grt...
Thnx in advance

batman

Broken In
Re: Signing Up toFB

Hiiee aall..!!
I jus signed up to th forum, coz me also joined th Funbook community from yestrday...
I got it delivered within 2 days of booking...
M bit layman in ths feild so do reply some useful links of tips , ideas tricks to enhance my tab.
or any useful app or anythn u feel tht grt...
Thnx in advance

Welcome to the club..:doublethumb::doublethumb:..From where did you purchase?

sudiptaid

Credit goes to krishnandu.sarkar

Steps for Flashing CUSTOM RECOVERY + CUSTOM ROM + SCRIPTS

Ok, so let us begin...!!

[YOUTUBE]s7eiL-6lYkM[/YOUTUBE]​

Here are the steps that we'll follow...

1. Install Custom Recovery
2. Backup Stock ROM / Present ROM
3. Flash Custom ROM
4. Install Scripts
5. Modding your ROM with Allwinner Mod

Those who are new to this Android and Flashing thing, I'd recommend to read [READ FIRST] [REF] Dictionary for n00b - What is.../What does ...mean? (2011/01/17) - xda-developers to understand the terms / jargon's.

INSTALLING CUSTOM RECOVERY
1. Download CWM Recovery 5 ICS.zip
2. Extract it.

These are the requirements fo Flash CWM...
- tablet must be running Android ICS version (4.0.x)
- tablet must have Superuser installed with SU binary loaded
- tablet must have Debugging enabled (ADB drivers included)

Your Funbook is Pre-Rooted, so we'll just proceed with installing Superuser App from Market

3. Go to Play Store and download Superuser.
4. Go to Superuser App > Settings > Su Binary > Install the Binary
5. Reboot.

Now we'll enable USB Debugging

6. Go to Settings > Developer Options > Turn On USB Debugging.

Now we'll increase the screen timeout to prevent screen from getting turned off in the middle of these procedures

7. Go to Settings > Display > Select Never at Sleep.

8. So now connect the USB Cable to your PC and Funbook and you should see USB Debugging Connected notification.

At this point, if this is your first time, you may see Windows trying to find Drivers which will fail ofcourse. Go to Device Management [Press Windows Key + R > Type devmgmt.msc] > Right Click on Unknown Devices > Update Driver Software > Browse My Computer for Driver Software > Both 64bit [Drivers-AllwinnerA10-64bits] and 32bit [Drivers-AllwinnerA10-32bits] Drivers are provided there within a folder named ADB_Drivers under the Recovery Package, so just browse them according to your OS Specification. A screen may appear up saying "The Publisher of this Driver could not be verified", just ignore that and "Continue Anyway".

9. DO NOT TURN ON USB STORAGE. LEAVE IT AS IT IS.

Time to install CWM. There are two methods. One is easy, by running a script and another is using ADB by typing commands. You'll get an _Instructions.txt there which lists both the methods in case you want to try out the 2nd method. Here I'll only cover the easy one i.e. using Script.

10. Run recovery-install.bat [Windows] / recovery-install.sh [Linux] and press any key and just wait and watch the show :D

11. Within few mins recovery will be installed.

To reboot in Recovery Mode -> Press Options Key and by keeping it pressed, Press Power Key. Release Power Key and then Release Options Key.

12. Reboot.

Code:
=======================================================
|      How to control ClockworkMod Recovery 5         |
|                                                     |
| VOL+: up                                            |
| VOL-: down                                          |
| POWER: select                                       |
| BACK: back                                          |
=======================================================
How to install Custom Recovery?? I have download the zip file..

sid_xD

Got my funbook on 9th april.....black coloured beauty....help me with some essential apps which i should download...thanks

rajan1311

Padawan
So I can use any charger of 5 Volt and Amperage doesn't matter? Do high amp charger charge the battery faster? And low amp charger charge slower as PC USB port is low amp charger @ 0.5 amp.

If the battery is capable of drawing more current(which it should), having a higher current rating should lead to faster charging..
Even if you get a charger with lower current rating, nothing will happen to your tab, but the charger might overheat..

sid_xD

I too faced this situation couple of times no solution yet got , let me know if anyone knows the key for the problem?
I too had this problem 2 times with my reliance netconnect.
i observed that the tablet switched off when the battery around 30%.
but when the battery was good like 80% the tab didnt turnoff...so try it out....n do tell me.

sid_xD

Lol yeah! What was i thinking ? :D

I use Huawei E1550 with Reliance 3G sim, you should re read the review thread buddy!

And some how i managed to write Spotify, i meant connectify! :D Have edited!

what is the price of Huawei E1550...???

sid_xD

I have got my Funbook from Ebay, i think around 3 weeks back. As i was out of my home i did not use it for 2 weeks this week i was playing with this and noticed some dot/wave like effect on the screen, generally you see this kind of behavior when you press hard on the Screen with your finger. I am seeing this with out that.

Any one faced this problem ?
I too have the same problem...
i think the glass of display is not of good quality....thats why its occuring...
and afterall u will not get a gorilla glass at 6.5k

abhraghosh

i hv got the funbook...but can i use my micromax dongle with bsnl sim in it?if yes,what is the precedure????plz help.....plz...
(SRM do u have any idea about it?)

sganguly

Hi,

Gone through the posts and have seen that some members were successful in connecting 3G dongles other than Photon +. I have Micromax MMX 352G & Vodafone K3570-Z usb data cards with Reliance 3G sim but was unsuccessful in connecting with those. I've also flashed with custom ROM 4.0.3-97F1-D1-H2-H01-N413.20120314, but still not successful in connecting. The apn field is blank and I cannot add/save a new one. Can any one help me out please.

Other than this I have found this device to be awesome in such low price tag.

Thanks in advance..

sganguly

pradyumnacster

There is indeed this problem in funbook.. refer Android Forums. I am having the same problem

3 Drives..?? :O Can we have a screenshot of the drive contents of all the 3 drives..??

*s17.postimage.org/4t089q1z1/mmx.jpg

Though Internal SD Card is divided into two parts, one for storage use and another for Internal ROM use.The K drive wasn't accessible .

some times internal card is not recognized anybody has the same problem ?

Top Bottom