Micromax Funbook

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
^^Sure..!! :D

Will do that tomorrow.

Now testing the apps and everything else out :p

Video calling with Skype still have the same problem. [Video on the other end appears with pink lines]. Guess this is the issue with the device.

Ok no prob. :)
I read somewhere the pink line is problem related to skype in ICS.
Just check howz the battery backup, video playback, web browsing in custom rom.

What is this a tablet or laptop lol :D

*i.imgur.com/y2tz2.jpg
*i.imgur.com/KUXAz.jpg
*i.imgur.com/m2WZ2.jpg
Cursor

Paylaram

Broken In
RG cellular had only one piece and they had sold it to someone else by the time I was there. they didn't mention it in spite of the fact that I had called them in the morning. and I have cancelled the snapdeal order. grrrr.

request to all : please keep us updated about availability in stores.

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
RG cellular had only one piece and they had sold it to someone else by the time I was there. they didn't mention it in spite of the fact that I had called them in the morning. and I have cancelled the snapdeal order. grrrr.

request to all : please keep us updated about availability in stores.
Bad luck. pala :(

But its also available at Connection Point, Chandni Chowk. Today I checked , but they are selling at Rs.6700/-

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
@Tenida You use gtalk..?? If yes please add me, krishnandu.sarkar@gmail.com

If you are free we can test out video calling through Tango / Yahoo Messenger and all.

T3RMNiATOR

Right off the assembly line
My friend got funbook today for 7k local shop.
I got BSNL EVDO Prithvi model. He bring it to me today for just checking weather it is working or not. I just put EVDO modem in that OTG cable and light is blinking on modem. :wink:
Now just before I could just add settings , funbook suddenly turned off.:evil:
Now we trying to push power button hard but it is not opening.
Lastly we connected the charger and voila it started.

Now my ques is anybody had ever faced this problem? I googled this problem and one person had faced same problem with tata photon.

Any solution for this ?
Thank in advanced.

azzu

AJJU
^ yep gotta test video chat from yahoo or Gtalk..
skype is giving red lines onthe other side ..
someone plz check and confirm

jd91

Broken In
^ yep gotta test video chat from yahoo or Gtalk..
skype is giving red lines onthe other side ..
someone plz check and confirm

I checked skype funbook to desktop confirm getting red and blue lines with hazy picture on the desktop while on funbook I was getting good feed.
Tried fring not working

Solved prob of screen while charging
Got my charger replaced yesterday from service center, there It looked working fine but today again screen started the same dance. I have noticed that this happens while charging and when battery is nearing full. Atleast that's the case with mine. Don't have any other charger matching this pin size so borrowed from a friend lg 2330 charger. Its 5v 800 ma works perfect with funbook.
Took both the chargers to my local cellphone repair shop to find wtf is problem. Now funbook charger was giving 5.45v and lg showed 5.05v. With my consent he broke open my charger and attached voltage ic 7805 which now regulated output voltage to 5v. Charged 50 bucks now all working well. Charger is attached now while I m typing. So guys either get an lg charger or get yours repaired before you fry your battery or funbook. Getting a replacment is not solving anything. BÛT CAREFULL GUYS THE MOMENT YOU GET YOUR CHARGER OPENED YOU WILL LOOSE WARRANTY ON IT.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Ok there are few good news...
1. The videi chat problem is only with skype. Tango and Yahoo Messenger worked fine :) No pink lines. So its not a hardware problem.

2. Browsing is much smoother on this ROM. Presently posting this from funbook (not from tapatalk).

3. Audio from speaker much louder now. To avoid confusion I have tested same videos. So now a group of friends can easily watch movie without any need o headphone /earphone. :p

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Ok there are few good news...
1. The videi chat problem is only with skype. Tango and Yahoo Messenger worked fine :) No pink lines. So its not a hardware problem.

thats great news :) :)

2. Browsing is much smoother on this ROM. Presently posting this from funbook (not from tapatalk).

which ROM ? :O i am using the one from here IVIEW 760TPC (a.k.a. Ployer Momo9) Firmware & ROM Releases

3. Audio from speaker much louder now. To avoid confusion I have tested same videos. So now a group of friends can easily watch movie without any need o headphone /earphone. :p

that is pretty great again, but sound on my phillips ear phones is amazing!

Replied in green

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
@manoj_99 I'm on Momo9 4.0.3 ICS Firmware. Yes it'll ofcourse void warranty. But you can always revert back Stock OS if you need to warranty. :p

@karthikoli Yeah, I'll post steps today for Flashing Custom ROM.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Steps for Flashing CUSTOM RECOVERY + CUSTOM ROM + SCRIPTS

Disclaimer: I am in no way responsible if you damage, ruin, brick, etc. your device if you flash any of the unofficial firmware, updates, patches and mods.

Read The Instructions Carefully Before Proceeding. You can always ask if the steps are not clear instead of proceeding with your guess.

Flashing Stuff may void your warranty. I or TDF is no way responsible for that. Think before proceeding.

Though you may flash back original firmware if at any point of time you need to claim warranty, but at your own risk. So this statement is not at all official :p

Ok, so let us begin...!!

[YOUTUBE]s7eiL-6lYkM[/YOUTUBE]​

Here are the steps that we'll follow...

1. Install Custom Recovery
2. Backup Stock ROM / Present ROM
3. Flash Custom ROM
4. Install Scripts
5. Modding your ROM with Allwinner Mod

Source : IVIEW 760TPC (a.k.a. Ployer Momo9) Firmware & ROM Releases

Detailed Youtube Video Tutorial : IVIEW 760TPC Advanced Improvements - Flashing Firmware, Custom Scripts & more - YouTube

XDA Thread : [Q] Micromax Fun Book Development? - xda-developers

Android Forums Section : Micromax FunBook - Android Forums

Those who are new to this Android and Flashing thing, I'd recommend to read [READ FIRST] [REF] Dictionary for n00b - What is.../What does ...mean? (2011/01/17) - xda-developers to understand the terms / jargon's.

INSTALLING CUSTOM RECOVERY
1. Download CWM Recovery 5 ICS.zip
2. Extract it.

These are the requirements fo Flash CWM...
- tablet must be running Android ICS version (4.0.x)
- tablet must have Superuser installed with SU binary loaded
- tablet must have Debugging enabled (ADB drivers included)

Your Funbook is Pre-Rooted, so we'll just proceed with installing Superuser App from Market

3. Go to Play Store and download Superuser.
4. Go to Superuser App > Settings > Su Binary > Install the Binary
5. Reboot.

Now we'll enable USB Debugging

6. Go to Settings > Developer Options > Turn On USB Debugging.

Now we'll increase the screen timeout to prevent screen from getting turned off in the middle of these procedures

7. Go to Settings > Display > Select Never at Sleep.

8. So now connect the USB Cable to your PC and Funbook and you should see USB Debugging Connected notification.

At this point, if this is your first time, you may see Windows trying to find Drivers which will fail ofcourse. Go to Device Management [Press Windows Key + R > Type devmgmt.msc] > Right Click on Unknown Devices > Update Driver Software > Browse My Computer for Driver Software > Both 64bit [Drivers-AllwinnerA10-64bits] and 32bit [Drivers-AllwinnerA10-32bits] Drivers are provided there within a folder named ADB_Drivers under the Recovery Package, so just browse them according to your OS Specification. A screen may appear up saying "The Publisher of this Driver could not be verified", just ignore that and "Continue Anyway".

9. DO NOT TURN ON USB STORAGE. LEAVE IT AS IT IS.

Time to install CWM. There are two methods. One is easy, by running a script and another is using ADB by typing commands. You'll get an _Instructions.txt there which lists both the methods in case you want to try out the 2nd method. Here I'll only cover the easy one i.e. using Script.

10. Run recovery-install.bat [Windows] / recovery-install.sh [Linux] and press any key and just wait and watch the show :D

11. Within few mins recovery will be installed.

To reboot in Recovery Mode -> Press Options Key and by keeping it pressed, Press Power Key. Release Power Key and then Release Options Key.

12. Reboot.

Code:
=======================================================
|      How to control ClockworkMod Recovery 5         |
|                                                     |
| VOL+: up                                            |
| VOL-: down                                          |
| POWER: select                                       |
| BACK: back                                          |

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
BACKUP STOCK ROM / PRESENT ROM

It's always recommended to backup Stock ROM or Present ROM that you are on, before trying New ROM's. Because if at any point if anything goes wrong you can revert back to where you were. Though this is an optional step, but I highly recommend this step if you don't want to left out in the middle of nowhere.

1. Boot in to Custom Recovery.

To reboot in Recovery Mode -> Press Options Key and by keeping it pressed, Press Power Key. Release Power Key and then Release Options Key.

Code:
|      How to control ClockworkMod Recovery 5         |
|                                                     |
| VOL+: up                                            |
| VOL-: down                                          |
| POWER: select                                       |
| BACK: back                                          |

2. Go to Backup And Restore.

You must have a SD Card to Backup your ROM. Though there is an option to backup your ROM to Internal SD Card. But generally there is not much space left in the Internal SD Card to backup a ROM.

3. Choose Backup.

4. Wait for few mins untill the backup is complete.

5. Once the backup is complete, select Reboot System Now to reboot normally.

6. Connect the Tablet to PC using the USB Cable provided and Turn on USB Storage when prompted.

7. Browse the SD Card through PC and navigate to [SD Card Drive]/clockworkmod/backup.

8. You'll see a folder there named upon the Date and Time of the backup.

9. For security purpose keep a copy of that folder to your PC.

10. That's it..!! Lets go and flash Custom ROM now :D

Top Bottom