Micromax Funbook

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
FLASHING CUSTOM ROM [.img]

WARNING : Again I'm repeating, read this guide first. If you have any doubt ask me / read the guide again / watch the video / read instructions again. But don't proceed if you have any doubt.

1. Download the ROM.

I'll show up this example with Momo9 ROM which I'm using presently. Grab it from 4.0.3-97F1-D1-H2-H01-N413.20120314.part1.rar and 4.0.3-97F1-D1-H2-H01-N413.20120314.part2.rar and extract. You'll end up getting an .img file.

2. Download Live Suite : LiveSuite 1.07 x86 x64.zip and extract.

3. Go to the LiveSuite extracted Folder and start the LiveSuite.exe

4. Click Select Img button and select the .img file [ROM] you extracted.

5. Turn off your Tablet.

6. Plug the USB Cable to PC.

7. Press and hold the Vol+ button, and keeping it pressed connect the other end of the USB Cable to Funbook.

8. Keeping the Vol+ button pressed, press Power button 10 times fast.

Read steps 5-8 again if it's still not clear

Goto to step 12 if it's not the first time you are flashing Funbook

9. If this is your first time, you'd have to install drivers. Your PC will automatically start finding drivers which will fail.

Drivers are included in the livesuite folder

10. Press Win + R > type devmgmt.msc > Right Click on Unknown Devices > Update Driver Software > Browse Driver Software From My PC > Browse the 32bit / 64bit Drivers under LiveSuite folder as per your OS Specification.

11. A screen will appear saying "Publisher of the driver could not be verified". Just ignore that and press "Continue Anyway" and wait until the driver installation finishes up.

12. A screen will appear on screen asking for Mandatory Format, answer with Yes.

13. Again a confirmation screen will appear, answer Yes.

14. Now just wait until the process is Finished.

DON'T DISCONNECT USB CABLE IN THE MIDDLE OF FLASHING. DOING THAT MAY BRICK YOUR DEVICE.

15. Once the Upgrade is Completed, click Ok to exit.

Start your Device to enjoy the New Custom ROM :D

Here's a list of ROM's which you may try : Virtual Productions - Qware Pro 3 - Downloads

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
INSTALLING SCRIPTS

Note : This step is highly recommended, as it update GAPPS, Frameworks, Fix Multitouch Issue etc.

1. Download eyeoncomputers_script_ver5b_ics4.0.3.zip and extract.

2. Increase Display timeout from Settings > Display > Select Never at Sleep.

3. Turn on Unknown Sources from Settings > Security > Unknown Sources.

4. Turn on USB Debugging from Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.

5. Plug the USB Cable to PC and Funbook.

6. You may need to install ADB Drivers if this is your first time.

At this point, if this is your first time, you may see Windows trying to find Drivers which will fail ofcourse. Go to Device Management [Press Windows Key + R > Type devmgmt.msc] > Right Click on Unknown Devices > Update Driver Software > Browse My Computer for Driver Software > Both 64bit [Drivers-AllwinnerA10-64bits] and 32bit [Drivers-AllwinnerA10-32bits] Drivers are provided there within a folder named ADB_Drivers under the Recovery Package, so just browse them according to your OS Specification. A screen may appear up saying "The Publisher of this Driver could not be verified", just ignore that and "Continue Anyway".

7. DO NOT TURN ON USB STORAGE.

8. Go to eyeoncomputers_script_ver5b_ics4.0.3 folder that you extracted.

9. Run fullmarket.bat and press any key

10. Choose 1 [Complete Installation]. Recommended for first time i.e. if you are running this script first time after flashing a new rom choose 1 always.

11. Don't Panic or touch anything, if you see market and other apps keeps crashing / stopping. That's Normal.

12. After it completes everything automatically, it'll ask for installing essential apps. I'd say press y and install those. Many of those apps will be needed. You may later remove any app later if you think it's not needed.

13. Finally it asks for If you would like to disable phone services to save battery.

Disabling Phone Services will also disable Data, i.e. you won't be able to use Dongles like Tata Photon+, Reliance Netconnect etc.

14. Answer Yes or No, depending upon your preferences.

15. Finally press any key, and the tablet will reboot automatically and the screen will close :D

That's all, your tablet completely ready to use :D

Don't forget to revert back the Sleep settings to 1min. :p

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
MODDING YOUR ROM

A. Advanced WiFi Lock

1. An app named Advanced WiFi Lock has been installed.

2. Enable it if you don't want to get your device into sleep mode if WiFi is on.

3. I do not recommend Enabling that, as the device will be awake all the time thus eating much more battery.

B. Allwinner Mod

1, An app named Allwinner Mod has been installed.

2. You can choose Usage Style i.e. 120dpi [TABLET], 160dpi [LARGE PHONE], 240dpi [SMALL PHONE]. I recommend keeping it as it is i.e. 120dpi [TABLET]

3. You may choose fake build type, like ICS Allwinner Tablet, SGS i9000, SGS II i9100, Honeycomb Motorola Xoom etc. I recommend selecting SGS 2 here to unlock max market apps.

4. That's all, restart the device to apply changes. :D

At this point, after you flashed the Custom ROM, your Custom Recovery will be erased. So if you want to flash / try out another ROM, you may like to backup this ROM before trying new one. In that case Install Custom Recovery again.

Finally, nothing can be better than a live video. If you have time do watch it. It shows every single thing as step by step.

Happy Flashing :D

Note : I'm not the one to find all these things. So the person is eyeoncomputer who deserves the thanks. Thanks to XDA, Android Forums, TDF or anyone who find these links for the first time which helped us modding our tablet. Sources are included in the very first post.

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Ok there are few good news...
1. The videi chat problem is only with skype. Tango and Yahoo Messenger worked fine :) No pink lines. So its not a hardware problem.
How did you manage that???? Using yahoo messenger on Funbook asks for a plugin incase i need to make a video call. The Play market says plugin not supported for my device... Wtf :(

And thanks for the tutorial!!!!:wink: Just noticed, my Funbook seems to be playing dead now. Powering on shows only the micromax logo and thats it :( What to do?? Help asap!!!!!!!

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^Well yeah Yahoo Messenger Video Chat plugin shows as not supported on Stock ROM. But I'm on Custom ROM. :D

You are welcome :D It's still in process. Will add the other parts at evening.

shashwat.vt

Right off the assembly line
Hey fellas, I have created a blog, about micromax funbook hacks,mods and firmwares, and to answer queries about funbook, the page contains some quality articles and beneficial ones too.

So check out: tweakfunbook.blogspot.com , I don’t have any personal benefits from it, I just wanna work for better development of our tablet.

kartikoli

Busy!!
nice tutorial krishna bhai ... edit the first post and add these post links so that it doesnt get lost in the flood of posts :D

aviatcogni

Broken In
Could not wait for evening post from krishna bhai...So flashed now....Guys its so simple..Just follow following steps.Its a Video..What else u want...

IVIEW 760TPC (a.k.a. Ployer Momo9) Firmware & ROM Releases

Cudos to original contributor...

Say thanks if it helped u..Add to my Rep..

I m proud owner of now new improved Fast but (not Micromax now :) ) Funbook...

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
nice tutorial krishna bhai ... edit the first post and add these post links so that it doesnt get lost in the flood of posts :D

@Krish Bhai- After completing the guide. Post it on first page :)

I'll add it to the first page once it gets completed.

I'd say add those sources too, as eyeoncomputer is the one who deserves all these. I'm just following his video.

does it support flash in browser like we see on desktop

Yes :D

Could not wait for evening post from krishna bhai...So flashed now....Guys its so simple..Just follow following steps.Its a Video..What else u want...

IVIEW 760TPC (a.k.a. Ployer Momo9) Firmware & ROM Releases

Cudos to original contributor...

Say thanks if it helped u..Add to my Rep..

I m proud owner of now new improved Fast but (not Micromax now :) ) Funbook...

Great. I'm doing this from that URL only. That's the source. This URL was already posted in the previous posts.

Yeah, the video there is the same video I added on my tutorial.

batman

Broken In
Please... :(

Did you try resetting the tab thru the reset button on tab?

Solved prob of screen while charging
Got my charger replaced yesterday from service center, there It looked working fine but today again screen started the same dance. I have noticed that this happens while charging and when battery is nearing full. Atleast that's the case with mine. Don't have any other charger matching this pin size so borrowed from a friend lg 2330 charger. Its 5v 800 ma works perfect with funbook.
Took both the chargers to my local cellphone repair shop to find wtf is problem. Now funbook charger was giving 5.45v and lg showed 5.05v. With my consent he broke open my charger and attached voltage ic 7805 which now regulated output voltage to 5v. Charged 50 bucks now all working well. Charger is attached now while I m typing. So guys either get an lg charger or get yours repaired before you fry your battery or funbook. Getting a replacment is not solving anything. BÛT CAREFULL GUYS THE MOMENT YOU GET YOUR CHARGER OPENED YOU WILL LOOSE WARRANTY ON IT.

I dont face any problem while charging using the given charger..Even then will it cause any problems in the long term if i continue to use this charger?Which are the compatible chargers for this tab?

aviatcogni

Broken In
Yes, please, it will be really helpful, specially in Bangalore. ;)

I'll add it to the first page once it gets completed.

I'd say add those sources too, as eyeoncomputer is the one who deserves all these. I'm just following his video.

Yes :D

Great. I'm doing this from that URL only. That's the source. This URL was already posted in the previous posts.

Yeah, the video there is the same video I added on my tutorial.

Yes. But appriciated your explanation. You motivated for the start.. :) Keep good work guys... Go forward and do it. Its easy . Just followexact steps. If you have doubt ask Krishna or me, before doing anything stupid.

Guys if anyone needs default config file for 3g modems? I have extracted that from root.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^Nice. Upload it here, we can add that to the first post if in future anyone needs it.

Otherwise your this post will vanish in flood within few days.

@Enticer Got something for you. Check [Q] Micromax Fun Book Development? - Page 13 - xda-developers.

This guy xda-developers - View Profile: Nihar.G faced same problem as you. Ask him how did he solved it through PM.

Hardly__Human

Right off the assembly line
Hey!!,

This is the most informative forum I have read. Everything is so detailed.
Thanks People!!....

I will be getting my MMFB tomorrow!!.

Human!!

techlover

In the zone
Should I buy the funbook from snapdeal?
I have read 2-3 people have received defective products...please recommend

I wanted to buy from flipkart but it is in outofstock from 2 weeks.
Is the better to wait because there is absolutely no news of instock in any other place :p

Top Bottom