Micromax Funbook

Champ

.NET Guru
Re: Micromax launches their first ICS 4 tablet

One query :
Bundled Tata Photon Coupon is exclusive to ncary or its with all others vendors as well, coz have not seen details on other sites except ncary

deathblade

death,destruction and dev

guys one doubt...
if we buy the funtab from letsbuy will it come with the tata photon coupon and the miniusb to usb connector as it is not listed there.....

SahilAr

In the zone

Is it better than the NXG Xtab a10? Because, Xtab has got more battery and its 1k less i believe. :shock:
Does funbook have Wifi "n" ??
I also wanted to ask this plus i have following questions:
1.Is bluetooth there on this tablet?
2.Does this support USB Hub;like can we connect multiple devices like-Pen Drives,External Hard disks etc?
3.Will my Bsnl 3g Data Card work on it?
4.Does Tata Photon Plus Data Card comes bundles with it or i have to call them to deliver it?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

Now flipkart isn't gonna stay back. They too are planning to sell this awesome tablet. Its coming soon on their site.

Source

miltus_31

Broken In

2) This tablet seems like the momo9, its got some decent support at pandawill, not sure about xda..

3)yes

4)you cant make calls via sim card, you can make skype calls..

5) Many companies already got it, at least this looks the same, internals/screen could be different..

But the review at ibnlive says it does not have google play .

icebags

Technomancer

another question, guys. do these capacitive screen tabs support hand writing ? how about using it for taking notes, are there such applications ? :)

SahilAr

In the zone

another question, guys. do these capacitive screen tabs support hand writing ? how about using it for taking notes, are there such applications ? :)

yet another question,questions and questions but the questions are left unanswered!

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak

One query :
Bundled Tata Photon Coupon is exclusive to ncary or its with all others vendors as well, coz have not seen details on other sites except ncary

Tata Photon coupon is in the package, nothing depend upon the vendor.You can get the funbook from any of the site given.

guys one doubt...
if we buy the funtab from letsbuy will it come with the tata photon coupon and the miniusb to usb connector as it is not listed there.....

Yes, it will contain all accessories if you purchase from letsbuy.

I also wanted to ask this plus i have following questions:
1.Is bluetooth there on this tablet?
No
2.Does this support USB Hub;like can we connect multiple devices like-Pen Drives,External Hard disks etc?
It will support pendrive/external HDD
3.Will my Bsnl 3g Data Card work on it?
4.Does Tata Photon Plus Data Card comes bundles with it or i have to call them to deliver it?
Its included in the package

Replied in green.

Now flipkart isn't gonna stay back. They too are planning to sell this awesome tablet. Its coming soon on their site.

Source

Good news dude. Flipkart's delivery is super-fast. So you will get it from flipkart?

You can install goodle play easily in it. :)

Yes it will support. But before you have to buy a capacitive stylus from ebay.

Niilesh

Padawan

I am thinking of buying this tab, does it have market/play? I think we can live with 'g' Wifi because i don't think we can expect 'n' speed. They should have bundled Bluetooth though. Hope micromax provide a better tab at ~10K.

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak

Capacitive stylus
Universal Capacitive stylus Pen for Dell Streak XCD28 | eBay

^ You can type notes. try evernote.

I am thinking of buying this tab, does it have market/play? I think we can live with 'g' Wifi because i don't think we can expect 'n' speed. They should have bundled Bluetooth though. Hope micromax provide a better tab at ~10K.

You can install google play in it.And Wifi will like that used in mobiles, will be decent.
Wifi speed totally depends upon broadband speed imo.And Its arguably the best tab within 10K, it can play full-hd movie what netbook or entry level notebook can't that's added advantage. Also the Mali400 graphics chip its loot at 6.5k.
Note-Mali400 graphics chip also comes in Samsung Note and galaxy S2 which costs over 30K

SahilAr

In the zone

How can one install Google Play on it,if it's not there on the tablet,will it support USB hub,suppose i want to connect multiple usb devices via usb,is it possible?and will my bsnl data card work on it?if bluetooth is not there any alternatives except dongles?and snapdeal is offering it @6.5k;i read somewhere in the post that seventymm is offering this device @6.2k after applying the GET200 code but it's 6.3 k and the site is not offering color choice there as snapdeal is offering color choice between slate gray and midnight black..so from where to buy it with the color choice?

icebags

Technomancer

thanx teni, waiting for you to get your hands on it and write a review. :)
(and the stylus you gave link of has weird tip. lol. )

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

With 1.2ghz cortex A8, its surely snappier and it also sports a capacitive touch screen with latest icecream sandwich os. At 6.4k, this is a steal to be honest. Man i was looking for a tablet as well and this looks promising.
It has Cortex A9, not A8. :p Even better.

Had to be A9 actually. All Mali SoCs have A9.

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak

It has Cortex A9, not A8. :p Even better.

Had to be A9 actually. All Mali SoCs have A9.

Look here its saying Allwinner A10 is Cortex A8
AllWinner A10/A1X Processor Resources, Development Board and SDK | CNXSoft – Embedded Software Development

Niilesh

Padawan

You can install google play in it.And Wifi will like that used in mobiles, will be decent.
Wifi speed totally depends upon broadband speed imo.And Its arguably the best tab within 10K, it can play full-hd movie what netbook or entry level notebook can't that's added advantage. Also the Mali400 graphics chip its loot at 6.5k.
Note-Mali400 graphics chip also comes in Samsung Note and galaxy S2 which costs over 30K
What do you mean by install google play in it? If it support google play then why does it not come with it pre-installed?
Yes i know that it has mali400 but i wanted a similar tab with bluetooth and support for ZTE modems.I hope the support for ZTE modems will come from Devs.
BTW what's the scheme that come with TATA Photon?(I mean like - free usage)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Look here its saying Allwinner A10 is Cortex A8
AllWinner A10/A1X Processor Resources, Development Board and SDK | CNXSoft – Embedded Software Development
All right, me getting confused in Micromax's tablets and mobiles.

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak

^^Its Micromax A85 phone not funbook.

Allwinner A10 SOS is Cortex A8
allwinner a10

rajan1311

Padawan

when I flashed the Veedee d10 with android 4.0.1 it had the market and it worked fine...it should work fine dude, check out pandawill forums.. :)