McAfee Or Kaspersky Or NOD???

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
using NOD32 for over 3 years now :) .. and v3.0 is great too i have to admit .. perf.. wise i never even thought of trying anything else .. the best no bs antivirus i've ever used :) .. even on Vista x64 , besides some slight annoyances (regarding the advanced heuristic scans) , its damm fast :) and secure :) ..

afonofa

Journeyman
That slight annoyance in ESET Nod32 with advanced heuristics is big issue. There's just no point of having "advanced" heuristics in the antivirus, if we have to keep it disabled (only for startup and realtime scans). If only ESET would fix that, then Nod32 v2 can finally be put to rest. Maybe they are delaying fixing it to retain their v2 customers.

@beta testing:
KIS and ZAP won't conflict if KIS is installed without application filtering+firewall. But if you install KIS's firewall component and decide to uncheck/disable it from Settings, then it will still conflict with ZAP.

You can try installing KIS+application filtering with ZAP but avoid installing KIS's firewall. I never tried KIS+application filtering with ZAP because I knew I won't need application filtering. If I need that, I'd rather use DefenseWall HIPS as its a much better hassle free alternative(not freeware).

comp@ddict said:
But overall i still INSIST KASPERSKY!!!
Okay agreed!!! :D

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
lolz ^^ dun get annoyed....
there's another program, am checking abt it called NORTON Anti-bot....hmm luks nice and small...

comp@ddict

Install kaspersky, with the firewall feature disabled. Then make sure than Windows firewall is off too after that(kaspersky asks whether u wanna use Windows firewall with Kaspersky Firewall installed but disabled.)

Then install firewall of ur choice, tada

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Ok. Thanks. I wanted to use Comodo firewall. BTW, can we use our KAV key with the latest versions of KIS?

comp@ddict

yes ofcourse, and u dun need to uninstall. Directly install the latest version on top of the existing version

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
But it can't be possible. KIS costs more than KAV, so how will it be right if we can use our KAV key with KIS?

afonofa

Journeyman
You cannot use a KAV key with KIS. I think what comp@ddict meant was you can use KIS 7 key with KIS 8.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
I have been using quickheal for sometime now and its really good. U can definitely have peace of mind while using QH. It may not be as gr8 as KIS but considering the support and price, quickheal is definitely recommended. Their customer support is truly amazing.

I got Quickheal Antivirus Plus 2008 (comes with Firewall) for Rs.272 - one year license from Microsoft site

rajsujayks

CSE Freak!
I use Avast without any problems for over 3 months till now. It takes exactly 1 hour to download its update file from the net.(I use dial-up). The auto update is a bit slow. Update it regularly and there won't be any problems.
=================================================================
My reccomendation:
Avast Anti-virus + Comodo firewall Pro makes a very good zero cost protection for your PC.
=================================================================

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom